Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

21 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
Guess whose wife works at the TxSSC and has literally never heard a single gotdam thing from Abbott until this tweet came out?  

Yep, mine.  

I'm trying to think of a wife I'd want to piss off less.  I'm drawing a blank.  

OK, my wife, but that goes without saying.

• Haha 1

This is an organization that is currently tasked with creating and disseminating research on school safety and providing training programs to schools.  

Anyone want to guess how many staff they have who are qualified to "conduct in-person, unannounced, random intruder detection audits on school districts" across the state?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is an organization that is currently tasked with creating and disseminating research on school safety and providing training programs to schools.  

Anyone want to guess how many staff they have who are qualified to "conduct in-person, unannounced, random intruder detection audits on school districts" across the state?

There are only 8,731 public K-12 schools in the state of Texas.  Somebody needs to tell TxSSC to buckle up, buttercup.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, tchookem said:

Great. Now some teacher is going to get in trouble for not stopping and properly questioning one of these random "intruders". One more reason for them to bitch about teachers while not actually solving anything.

You want to know why teachers are leaving? Here it is... the people that are supposed to make teaching easier (not easy... easier) seem dead-set on making it impossible. Whether by withholding the proper funding, fomenting anger toward teachers (by labeling teachers as groomers), or these performative mandates, Texas had made it clear they do not value teachers.

Fuck this state.

How are private school teachers affected?  Serious question, I have no idea how this works.  No kids here.

3 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Wait a minute ... so they are going to arm teachers and then send unannounced random Intruders into schools?

What could possibly go wrong?

Sounds like you've got too many thoughts and not enough prayers, friendo

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5
  • Rage+1 1

How are private school teachers affected?  Serious question, I have no idea how this works.  No kids here.
Sone teachers are armed at some of those schools. "In-person, unannounced, random intruder detection audits" might get someone killed.

1 hour ago, tchookem said:

Great. Now some teacher is going to get in trouble for not stopping and properly questioning one of these random "intruders". One more reason for them to bitch about teachers while not actually solving anything.

You want to know why teachers are leaving? Here it is... the people that are supposed to make teaching easier (not easy... easier) seem dead-set on making it impossible. Whether by withholding the proper funding, fomenting anger toward teachers (by labeling teachers as groomers), or these performative mandates, Texas had made it clear they do not value teachers.

Fuck this state.

What happens when a teacher blasts a hole in one of the "inspetors" by mistake?

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

That’s winning - those are just “freedom holes” they put in the inspector. The bullet holes mean it’s working!

Oh, and there will be not a single inspection, because it’s a completely unfunded mandate to an agency that doesn’t have the staffing or the budget. Abbott is beyond worthless.
  • Like 1

I must have missed Abbott's plan for Walmarts, churches, synagogues, hospitals....

Doors. Harden. Mental illness. Arm greeters/preachers/rabbis/doctors.

I think we’re done here.

No, seriously….I think we’re done. We should cash in our chips and dissolve the country.

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Wait a minute ... so they are going to arm teachers and then send unannounced random Intruders into schools?

What could possibly go wrong?

We need to hire about 8000 unannounced random school intruders to pull this off!  You want me to put in a word for you with the wife?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tchookem said:
2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Sone teachers are armed at some of those schools. "In-person, unannounced, random intruder detection audits" might get someone killed.

Freedom isn’t free

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 8:31 PM, tchookem said:
On 6/1/2022 at 7:54 PM, Biff Tannen said:

On 6/1/2022 at 8:42 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Easy peasy. It's the one time when the GOP will be in favor of "diversity" when hiring.

Going along with the inspections theme:

When my oldest was a toddler, she got a little too entranced with the automatic doors at the grocery store and I was busy wrangling another child. Barely dodged the old squeeze but the close call gave her RESPEKT for entrances. Guess Abbott has his own obsession:

It would be far to insidious to consider that the Right wants more violence in public schools so they can drive parents to other education alternatives, correct? Correct? The party that trumpets sanctity of life treating children and (mostly) women as collateral damage on the way to a theocratic/fascist/authoritarian government wouldn't treat them as collateral damage would it? Oh yeah, I forgot. Regimes that trumpet God and Family actually do those things. SEE: History, Characteristics of Fascism.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Greg couldn't crack the top 10.

Gold Rush GIF by Discovery

We should barrage Greg with this and let him know he can stop being such an absolute cunt already.

Edited by Gap03
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

We should barrage Greg with this and let him know he can stop being such an absolute cunt already.

I know plenty of Republicans here in Texas who love Trump, DeSantis, and a few other out-of-staters.

I've never known anybody outside of Texas who likes or cares about Abbott, and the Republicans I know here in Texas are not exactly enthusiastic about Abbott - I'm fairly certain all of them would take Trump or DeSantis and not give one rat's ass about Abbott.  He's just another (R) in the Governor's Mansion.

Abbott really needs to run in 2024 just so he can get trounced in the primary and finally realize that, like Paxton, he's hit his ceiling.  At most he might be able to take a Senate seat from Cruz.

• Hook 'Em 1

I complain about Democrats all the time, but damn the GOP doesn't have a very deep bench at all. Ted Cruz is #3? Ben Carson is #4? That reminds me of that time Mizzou and Kansas were both in the Top 5 (or at least it felt that way)

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2022 at 8:50 PM, miguelito said:

I must have missed Abbott's plan for Walmarts, churches, synagogues, hospitals....

Obviously to have two different mass shooters show up at the same place at the same time and kill each other first, duh.

I know plenty of Republicans here in Texas who love Trump, DeSantis, and a few other out-of-staters.
I've never known anybody outside of Texas who likes or cares about Abbott, and the Republicans I know here in Texas are not exactly enthusiastic about Abbott - I'm fairly certain all of them would take Trump or DeSantis and not give one rat's ass about Abbott.  He's just another ® in the Governor's Mansion.
Abbott really needs to run in 2024 just so he can get trounced in the primary and finally realize that, like Paxton, he's hit his ceiling.  At most he might be able to take a Senate seat from Cruz.

When I’ve traveled people are surprisingly asking about him. I have a feeling it’s because they know trump and desantis suck so bad and want something else. Who knows with these fucks.

But yeah, he has no chance. He won’t even carry his home state.

17 minutes ago, Updawg said:

When I’ve traveled people are surprisingly asking about him. I have a feeling it’s because they know trump and desantis suck so bad and want something else. Who knows with these fucks.

But yeah, he has no chance. He won’t even carry his home state.

I'm more surprised people aren't sincerely asking you "What's updawg?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It took the Governor of NY three weeks to get something done:

The Red Flag law in New York will be expanded to allow more people, including health-care professionals, to file risk orders that could lead to weapons confiscations from potentially dangerous people. And it requires, rather than allows, law enforcement to seek an order if credible information is provided.

Semi-automatic rifles, which already difficult to obtain in New York, will added to the list to the weapons requiring a permit and will only be available to those over age 21. 

Another bill would ban the sale of body armor to people outside law enforcement or other state-designated professions, and it will add microstamping to bullets — which can better trace their origin. Social media companies will be required to improve their policies around how they respond to hateful conduct on their platforms, as well as “maintain easily accessible mechanisms” for the public to report people.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I’m glad this was made into an ad, I was worried Beto wouldn’t do it.

Now plaster it all over the broadcast of the NBA finals and whatever else people watch on TV.

And do it again in the fall, lest people forget.