Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

20 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I watched the video above by @chainsaw and Michael Knowles would benefit from a course in the appropriate use of how one uses air quotes. His technique is so poor. How can he claim to be a RW "conservative" if he cannot coordinate his hands to properly and emphatically use air quotes? I mean, come on. You just lift the hands and use the fingers and 'air quote' as you're speaking. Don't half ass it Michael. Lean into it.

Also, 1220 is the supposed year that Ghengis Kahn and his army took Bukhara after laying seige to it causing 30,000 civilian deaths. Knowles probably sees himself as some sort of pasha but he's more like the weird foot fetish guy in House of the Dragon.

Finally, @YGIFS you responded as I was typing and my apologies for lashing out; I know you are trying to raise your family in what is rapidly becoming a period in history where women stand to lose so much in what turned out to be a short short period of time where they (and society) could perhaps realize just how much they can offer the world beyond what men have deemed acceptable for them to do.

No apology necessary.  It is just surreal to me how quickly I'm seeing all of this eviscerated.  Obviously there were other fish to fry (equal pay, addressing domestic violence, STEM access, sexual assault, etc.).  But overall, I looked at my two munchkins and thought, "You gals have the world on a string.  Excellent education, great city of Austin to live in, good health care, treated as equals, probably to get to be one of the 60% of the UT student population that is female one day, aren't growing up around a household or community of violence against women, never be ashamed of your bodies, get to take away lessons of love and faith from Church instead of shame and less-than.  And then I blinked and half of that shit is gone already.  And it's gonna take us 10x as long to rebuild it this time.  

But there are four over-arching themes to me in all this, and they all baffle me and I got jackshit ideas for solutions:

"Religion."  Sometimes it's a legit belief, however twisted but it actually does live in many people's hearts.  I don't agree, but you can change opinions but it's very hard to change souls.  Often it's a curtain to hide behind to visit pain upon people who do things you're not comfortable with.  This unfortunately colors our politics more than it should.  But we gotta acknowledge that's largely not gonna go away any time soon.  Call it the Faithful Patriarchy.  It's fucked up, but it hasn't gone anywhere in dozens of centuries and it ain't going anywhere in our lifetimes.  

"I can't have a nice woman so to hell with them all."  This one seems to be getting worse.  It's always been the case for many men to be in a relationship with a woman they don't particularly prefer, or in no relationship at all.  Or no prospects even.  Been the case since the dawn of time.  But with the rise of cable news and social media, they are constantly reminded of how good the rest of us have it with wonderful women, and how they are left behind when it comes to pair-bonding.  And many of them have grown up and gotten elected for some reason.  And they run on "more predictable regulations and liberties" and then immediately target women and children to control.    

The Constitutional and State caselaw arguments.  "This is obviously what these wise men from hundreds of years ago meant by abortion when they used to literally throw a woman down a flight of stairs."

This one takes zero accountability from asshole males.  But other women.  Women vote for lower taxes, school choice, less crime, border security.  I understand.  But to vote in such a way as to prevent the woman next to you from having access to quality health care and agency over her body, I just don't get that one.  Like George Costanza, I basically know nothing about women other than I love them.  But how they can do this to one another.  It's beyond the pale.  Again, taking no fault from us guys.  But like, "I'm voting this way bitch so they don't come and take my guns!"  It's dumb, but it happens.  But to look at another woman and say, "Free mammograms at Planned Parenthood or terminate an unviable fetus or one from a rape, fuck you sister!"   For a voting bloc so obsessed with "There are only men & women, this other gender stuff is bullshit"..........they are awfully quick to forget their biological connection to other "Women" and try and protect what they have in common.  /rant 

•  
Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Why not?  Our idiotic supreme court cited a guy who sent women to their death for witchcraft.  

Our Supreme Court decides things based on events that didn’t actually happen 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 5

16 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Why not?  Our idiotic supreme court cited a guy who sent women to their death for witchcraft.  

They weren't Witches!  They were ANTIFA!  

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

main-qimg-ae9e1eb816fe86e99d82a79b6dda5b

Bingo,  they talked a lot of bullshit to their base to get them excited about banning abortion, but when it actually happens and they realize the impact it will have come this November, they start shitting their pants. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

A couple, two-three things here.

Since she is assisting in hurting other women, I can insult her looks.  That Senior Adviser in the top clip.  She's not a woman, she's a thumb with a wig on it.  I do the same thing puppet show for my girls all the time. 

Second, I'm watching the background of that Priest talking with Lake about women's rights.  The creepy wooden privacy partition, and the weird photo of Trump and I thought, "Yep, this guy totally molests kids." 

Then I look at the creepy leather jacket from "Fast Times" and thought this guy is like the Frank Stallone of the Clergy.  Typical Lobo reference to Frank based on that oft-used photo of him with the leather jacket that Norm would always use.  And I finally got around to getting past the dialogue and backgrounds and look at the chyron.  Guy's name is fucking Frank Davone.  Seriously?  Maybe you guys aren't living inside a computer, but I am.  And for now, you're stuck in here with me.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

13 hours ago, Nivek said:

“Well, if they didn’t do witchcraft, they probably did something else... “

- Clarence Thomas, probably. 

Go HEB. Fuck MAGAts.

https://www.chron.com/culture/article/opill-birth-control-heb-19381763.php

As reproductive health care sees strict restrictions in Texas, a daily birth control pill is now available without a prescription at major retailers, including H-E-B. 

Known as Opill, the birth control hit shelves in monthly and three-month packs for $20 and $50, respectively. Perrigo, the company behind Opill, also sells the contraceptive online in six-month supplies. 

Though it is the first birth control pill in the U.S. that has been approved for use without a prescription, Opill isn’t a new birth control. The drug substance, a hormone known as norgestrel, originally received approval for prescription use in 1973, the FDA notes. 

Shipments of Opill started in early March, and it’s since been spotted at an H-E-B in San Antonio. In the Houston area, it’s listed as available at the H-E-B on Washington Ave. near Downtown and others in city limits, as well as stores in Katy and Pearland. The H-E-B app also lists Opill as available at stores in Austin, the Rio Grande Valley and Dallas suburb McKinney. Outside of H-E-B, Texans may also spot Opill at CVS, which said it would stock the pills at 7,500 of its pharmacy stores early this month. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

Can’t wait for a bunch of Karen’s to get filmed buying it all to burn or some freak show pastor stomping on them in big ugly cowboy boots  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Can’t wait for a bunch of Karen’s to get filmed buying it all to burn or some freak show pastor stomping on them in big ugly cowboy boots  

MAGA will absolutely, 100%, declare war on HEB.  It's coming.  Between that, and Charles Butt opposing school vouchers, the war is coming for sure.  You can't stop it.  They turn on everyone, eventually.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Are HEB's legs even open?  /surlyDT

Given the history of the Butt family, I really did not see this coming on their part.  It's like Dan Patrick's salute to DeSantis' war on Disney.  

But HEB's support of education and communities is unparalleled in our state.  Plus I love their deli.  There is absolutely going to be a bat-shit crazy right wing assault on them later this year.  But a lotta hard-right folks need to remember something.  In many, many dozens of Texas counties.  The three largest employers are school districts (hence even many rural/exurban Republicans not going along with Abbott's voucher plan, local hospital groups, and H-E-(fucking)B.  You wanna start pissing away legislative gravitas, that's not a great opening trifecta.  It's going to get worse for Texas before it gets better, but in chess-to appease your pawns you don't just piss away the Queen and Rooks out of the gate.  But that's what the Texas GOP wants to do.  May as well mandate beans in our chili and ketchup on our brisket and no queso before noon.  We know why they're doing this, they know why they're doing this, and as much as y'all like to dismiss them---sooner or later---a bunch of their base is gonna catch on because of what these three institutions (schools, hospitals, grocery stores) mean to their communities.  If they don't work there themselves, somebody close to them does.  Sooner or later, people vote their pocketbook and their family/neighborhood.  

What a timeline...

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not that optimistic about the Texas electorate "waking up" anytime soon. The Republicans can shut down their publicly funded jobs and schools, fuck up HEB, take away their Social Security, and more... and those voters will just blame it on immigrants, minorities, liberals, OBAMA, or whatever strawman Trump et al designate as the target.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

There is absolutely going to be a bat-shit crazy right wing assault on them later this year.

HEB would be smart to ban concealed carry, because it's going to be contentious.  They already ban open carry.

God I love HEB. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Arizona bitch-cunt Kari Lake, who once praised Arizona's 1864 law, now having second thoughts. You know what, Kari? Fuck you in your fucking worthless face, you fascist piece of shit.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-court-just-took-abortion-172756484.html

Flip, flip, flip-Arizona!

0b834784-ada7-4633-b952-71f49dcc550b_tex

She should be forced to carry that political take to term

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

someone told him 'so turns out this abortion stuff is a losing issue, we need to turn this around, maybe start touting it as a state issue...' and he's a fucking moron who is now just repeating that over and over. he's said the phrase "state's rights" more in the last two weeks than probably his entire life...just prior to that he's on camera bragging about being the one who got rid of abortion. 🙄 is so gotdamn obvious lol

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 7

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bingo,  they talked a lot of bullshit to their base to get them excited about banning abortion, but when it actually happens and they realize the impact it will have come this November, they start shitting their pants. 

Smell the fear.

"Hours after Arizona’s supreme court declared on Tuesday that a 160-year-old abortion ban is now enforceable, Republicans in the state took a surprising stance for a party that has historically championed abortion restrictions – they denounced the decision.

“This decision cannot stand,” said Matt Gress, a Republican state representative. “I categorically reject rolling back the clock to a time when slavery was still legal and we could lock up women and doctors because of an abortion.”

“Today’s Arizona supreme court decision reinstating an Arizona territorial-era ban on all abortions from more than 150 years ago is disappointing to say the least,” said TJ Shope, a Republican state senator.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/10/arizona-republicans-against-state-abortion-ban

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

I categorically reject rolling back the clock to a time when slavery was still legal

Oh, so there are examples of laws established when the US was a much younger country that don't necessarily work in this day and age?  Huh.  Knock me over with an AR-15 feather.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Smell the fear.

"Hours after Arizona’s supreme court declared on Tuesday that a 160-year-old abortion ban is now enforceable, Republicans in the state took a surprising stance for a party that has historically championed abortion restrictions – they denounced the decision.

“This decision cannot stand,” said Matt Gress, a Republican state representative. “I categorically reject rolling back the clock to a time when slavery was still legal and we could lock up women and doctors because of an abortion.”

“Today’s Arizona supreme court decision reinstating an Arizona territorial-era ban on all abortions from more than 150 years ago is disappointing to say the least,” said TJ Shope, a Republican state senator.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/10/arizona-republicans-against-state-abortion-ban

V3vN74V9o2W2ogtYK55xEC-1200-80.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

we could lock up women and doctors because of an abortion

THEN WHY IS YOUR PARTY STILL TRYING TO DO THAT ACROSS THE COUNTRY, FUCK FACE MATT GRESS

He understands state's rights as well as we understand state's rights!  

We all saw the next move as coming for contraception/birth control.  But I have to admit, even my twisted mind---I didn't think the attack on reproductive care/options would be so fast and widespread.  Good news is these are behaviors indicative of a dying way of life.  Bad news is, it gets worse before it gets better.  

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Smell the fear.

Ken Paxton suing other states for patients' medical records: "Yeah! States' rights! *tee hee!*"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Arizona bitch-cunt Kari Lake, who once praised Arizona's 1864 law, now having second thoughts. You know what, Kari? Fuck you in your fucking worthless face, you fascist piece of shit.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-court-just-took-abortion-172756484.html

Flip, flip, flip-Arizona!

0b834784-ada7-4633-b952-71f49dcc550b_tex

She's not having second thoughts. She's lying.

• Hook 'Em 2

The radicalization of Texas Republican legislators continues. Ten Rs who won their primary race for a House seat in R districts have signed the pledge of Abolish Abortion Texas (AATX). The pledge  provides that a 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐁, the morning after pill. Consistent with the pledge, clinic workers can be charged with murder for destroying embryos resulting from IVF. 

Video of Paul Brown, Policy Director of AATX.

• Rage+1 4

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The radicalization of Texas Republican legislators continues. Ten Rs who won their primary race for a House seat in R districts have signed the pledge of Abolish Abortion Texas (AATX). The pledge  provides that a 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐁, the morning after pill. Consistent with the pledge, clinic workers can be charged with murder for destroying embryos resulting from IVF. 

Video of Paul Brown, Policy Director of AATX.

If Dems don't post these psychos (and others like it) in ads 24/7 for the 3 months leading up to the GE. I'm gonna lose my shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Any ban on contraception has to include a ban on vasectomies to avoid hypocrisy.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal 

First, since when do the right care about hypocrisy? Second, they absolutely won't include vasectomies because they will claim that sperm isn't life. Fertilized egg is life. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

If Dems don't post these psychos (and others like it) in ads 24/7 for the 3 months leading up to the GE. I'm gonna lose my shit. 

Texans support it. (The ones who vote, at least)

Accept Season 2 GIF by PBS

• Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

In Texas all Reps have to do is mention guns, gays and the border to get votes.  Nothing else matters. 

Yeah…. Remember when the people that the Texas GOP put in charge of the electric grid almost crashed the damn thing and forced us all into rolling black outs and other people actually lost access to power.  Hundreds of people died and still everyone voted R in the next election like nothing happened?

Texas GOP can do anything they want and still win because it’s all about “owning the libs” and muh guns, muh bibles, and owning the gays. 

• Hook 'Em 2