Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

@UpperWestside  Interesting that your conversation redirect tactic was successful.

It seems that if someone was committed to saving the Republican Party, they would want to talk about sane candidates, (folks I’d cross the aisle to support in the primary.) Those who want to cut the Party damage should be voting D. 

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe we don’t read Republican viewpoints in this political forum because such thoughts open the door to Bolivia.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Mention
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

again, for a Democrat he's still pretty central/right. guess it just goes to show how far right the other side has gotten

This is true and good-faith criticisms of his policy by the far right, far left and even the 6 actual conservatives left in America, are fine.  

But when people try to go at him for his stutter, or this made up senility, or "corruption," it's fundamentally dishonest to who Joe Biden is as a person. Republicans can't separate the person from the politician, yet hold up Donald Trump to be God's anointed one on the planet while ignoring his actual character.  Joe Biden has gone through more personal tragedy than anyone on the planet should go through, served his state while taking the Amtrak home to his boys at night, has a loving and supportive family and treats people like dignity. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 6

On 7/28/2021 at 10:13 PM, immortal13 said:

Binary is not being able to understand the concept of mutual exclusivity. This is the Biden thread. So why are you blathering on about Trump? Anyway, keep going. Your anger is funny

I'm not sure what this means.

But in the recent binary choice, it was Joe or Not Joe.  We all know what was Not Joe.

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's just the strangest thing that conservative adult men think it's cool to act like a spoiled toddler online to troll some people they don't even know. 

Just remember, it's the liberals who are the snowflakes.

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i'm not asking to for to work for me.

i'm asking you to answer the fucking question.

you realize how you look when not doing so, i suppose. maybe not.

Tons of shit, here's just a few...

Killing the Keystone pipeline

Past racist remarks

The fact that he is a senile imbecile

When he arrogantly said to the factory worker, "I don't work for you!" 

His involvement with his crackhead son's illegal activities(quid pro quo)

His stance on gun control(especially AR 14s 🤣)

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

It seems that if someone was committed to saving the Republican Party, they would want to talk about sane candidates, (folks I’d cross the aisle to support in the primary.) Those who want to cut the Party damage should be voting D. 

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe we don’t read Republican viewpoints in this political forum because such thoughts open the door to Bolivia.

The problem is that actual sane Republican candidates are going to finish 3rd or 4th in their primary, and that makes for a very boring topic.

And it is extremely hard for somebody who still sees themself as a Republican, because there's not a lot they can defend right now without defending Trump (by proxy), given that the GOP has embraced Trump and his behavior and actions so thoroughly.  Not helped when you have people like Gaetz, Gym, Marjorie, Cawthorn, etc. out there trying to be the face of the GOP, while Republicans like Cruz and Abbott are just acting like assholes because they think it owns the libs.

32 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Tons of shit, here's just a few...

Killing the Keystone pipeline

Past racist remarks

The fact that he is a senile imbecile

When he arrogantly said to the factory worker, "I don't work for you!" 

His involvement with his crackhead son's illegal activities(quid pro quo)

His stance on gun control(especially AR 14s 🤣)

Thanks for your post. One of your listings caught my eye. I hadn’t heard of Joe’s interaction with the factory worker.

Heres an out of context video:

Spoiler

Cool Joe should save Combatative Joe for special occasions. To be fair to Joe, you’d likely get him to admit that, he is the President , and so he does work for that guy. I’ll leave it at that.

Edit: I spoilered the video, as it links to a Trump thing. So, this is one message I don’t not often hear. (Folks really have bought into the “getting rid of the second amendment stuff). Props to mort for his targeted restraint.

Edited by Willfully Horn
More
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I am visiting my hometown this week. Hoo boy is there some Biden hate here. I listened to a bit of it last night, but I cut it off quickly by re-directing the conversation to where it did not delve into negativity. I told them I am not interested in that and that I don’t engage with folks who can on the one hand tell me how great an actual con man is versus what they consider to be a senile old man. Once I got that out of the way I was able to better hear their issues with “libruls” and what exactly it is they do not like. It took awhile, but I have patience for this stuff.

Wow.  I don't get past like one sentence and I'm flying off the handle with those people.  You're a better man than I.

4 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Who said I support Trump?

Oh, fuck off dude. We've all read your laundry list of great things that Trump is supposedly responsible for over the past 4 years that are now coming to an end with a Democrat in office.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

@UpperWestside  Interesting that your conversation redirect tactic was successful.

Well the redirect works, but it is in how you approach someone that makes it work. These were friends I have not seen in six and a half years. The guy dislikes most every politician outside of Trump. I have known him for almost 30 years, but I never would have picked him for a Trump supporter. His wife, who I have known for longer than that was vocal in her dislike of Biden by calling him senile. I joked and said “Well if that’s the case we’ve had two in a row.” A short defense followed, but not a full blown rant. I get some of their worries because they have a business. Thankfully for them they are well-established in my hometown in Texas and just bought a house and land there within the last year. They were living in a neighboring town where their oldest son was finishing high school. 

I really believe the best thing to do is just listen to people. I said point blank that you think everyone in New York is coming for your guns and many of them think everyone in Texas is a racist redneck. Tribalism like you are partaking in is killing this country. Talk to someone from somewhere else before you write them off because their politics are different than yours.” They have neighbors down the street who have Biden signs in the yard and they’re respectful of that. I saw a whole bunch of full blown Trumpers here this week. The issue is going to be an ongoing reconciliation process that will takes years to fix. I look at my fellow human beings and see folks that just need some kindness and someone that will listen. I have limits when it goes down the path of racism, but if someone wants to give me some factual information from their life I will listen and tell them what I think.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

It's just the strangest thing that conservative adult men think it's cool to act like a spoiled toddler online to troll some people they don't even know. 

Some just want to be baddies - like what they see on facebook, tik tok, instagram, twitter, . . . feeds. 

It's a shallow attempt at an aesthetic built on garbage ideas and tactics. It's corrosive and regressive. 

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

I get some of their worries because they have a business

I got a business. It’s major threat is everything falling apart. How “burning things to the ground” is a selling point to a business owner, I don’t get. Yet I’ve heard a Trump supporting business owner say that exact thing. (Granted, that dude used to be in real estate).

Edited by Willfully Horn
More

17 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

It's almost like it's the party of aggy

On 8/7/2021 at 3:47 PM, Js1 said:

Warnock 

Speaking of Warnock, I read this this AM and depending on how cynical we have become this is either a sign of hope or it makes you angry:

"In a rare moment of unity, the chamber broke out into spontaneous applause when Ted Cruz, a staunchly conservative Republican from Texas, and Raphael Warnock, a progressive Democrat from Georgia, made a joint highway proposal that got unanimous support. "

I no longer stay current on this thread but I’ve scrolled it to see if there has been much discussion on the $3.5T plan.

This legislative plan is IMO the most significant govt action this country has seen in a long time that should lead to a compelling debate on this board. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I no longer stay current on this thread but I’ve scrolled it to see if there has been much discussion on the $3.5T plan.

This legislative plan is IMO the most significant govt action this country has seen in a long time that should lead to a compelling debate on this board. 

I agree, but I think any criticism of Biden and his policies is an auto-neg around here these days, but what the heck, I’ll kick it off: the $1T infra plan is good politics, helps all people and has good, broad appeal and support. Great job!

The $3.5T plan is the opposite (IMO) and I’m really curious to see if the Dems can pass it through straight party lines or if some of the more centrist Dems will be a thorn in the side.

28 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

it's a win for everybody as long as it's paid for (tax reform stays part of it).  if it's going to add a shit ton to the debt, like trump did, then we should trim it down.

The bipartisan bill is paid for.   It will have it's final Senate vote in about an hour - it passed cloture, so it only needs a majority today. 

The reconciliation bill was already trimmed down - $3.5T was the compromise.   This is the bill that requires 0 GOP support, so fuck them.  FUCK THEM SO HARD. 

Tax reform

• Increasing corporate and international taxes, as well as taxes on the wealthy.
  • Increased funding for the IRS to crack down on tax enforcement.

Health savings

• Through new language on prescription drugs and by repealing the Trump rebate.

Long-term economic growth

• The framework would prohibit tax increases on families making under $400,000 per year, small businesses and family farms.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Satchel said:

Any chance the MSM will resist the temptation to frame passage of the infrastructure bill as a win for Biden and call it a win for the American people?

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

How would it not be a win for Biden?

Politico:  "Why Joe Biden's big bipartisan win for popular infrastructure is a big loser for Dems in 2022"

Just wait.  It'll happen. 

39 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The bipartisan bill is paid for.   It will have it's final Senate vote in about an hour - it passed cloture, so it only needs a majority today. 

The reconciliation bill was already trimmed down - $3.5T was the compromise.   This is the bill that requires 0 GOP support, so fuck them.  FUCK THEM SO HARD. 

Will the two dems who insist that republicans need to support their shit really willing to vote for this? They've been pretty clear that we're supposed to sing kumbaya together when the other side has been absolutely clear they will pass anything they want with the slimmest majority possible, because fuck everyone. That's seriously their main strategy.

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Will the two dems who insist that republicans need to support their shit really willing to vote for this? They've been pretty clear that we're supposed to sing kumbaya together when the other side has been absolutely clear they will pass anything they want with the slimmest majority possible, because fuck everyone. That's seriously their main strategy.

If you're talking about Manchin and Sinema, they, along with Tester, have agreed to the reconciliation process but haven't committed to the $3.5T bill until it's done so they can see what is in it.

You can bet some sort of Joe Manchin Rural Broadband Network, Jon Tester Wind Turbine Farm and Krysten Sinema Desert Water Reclamation Project will all be included in the final reconciliation text. 

However, they'll get their shiny bipartisan bill in the end as well, so they should be pretty happy. 

I’m still not certain they can pass either the infrastructure or reconciliation bill. The House and Senate are both playing chicken right now with the House being unwilling to take up the infrastructure bill until the Senate passes reconciliation instructions. Sinema is publicly complaining that $3.5 trillion is too much.

Also, they will have to increase the debt ceiling at the same time.

3 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

I’m still not certain they can pass either the infrastructure or reconciliation bill. The House and Senate are both playing chicken right now with the House being unwilling to take up the infrastructure bill until the Senate passes reconciliation instructions. Sinema is publicly complaining that $3.5 trillion is too much.

Also, they will have to increase the debt ceiling at the same time.

The House is in recess until Sept 20 (yeah, not a joke, August recess this year is July 30 to Sept 20) and Schumer plans to kick off the reconciliation process as soon as the infrastructure bill passes the Senate today and wants committee markups on the text to be done by September 15.  The House will probably come back into session with both the infrastructure bill and the majority of the reconciliation text ready to be taken up. 

The debt ceiling is going to be a fight, as usual.  

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The House is in recess until Sept 20 (yeah, not a joke, August recess this year is July 30 to Sept 20) and Schumer plans to kick off the reconciliation process as soon as the infrastructure bill passes the Senate today and wants committee markups on the text to be done by September 15.  The House will probably come back into session with both the infrastructure bill and the majority of the reconciliation text ready to be taken up. 

The debt ceiling is going to be a fight, as usual.  

When you say “reconciliation text”, are you referring to the reconciliation instructions or alternatively the actual legislative text of the bill with all of the spending and tax changes?

Also, how do you think the progressive caucus in the House reacts when Manchin, etc. strip down some of the social programs and related tax changes?

39 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

When you say “reconciliation text”, are you referring to the reconciliation instructions or alternatively the actual legislative text of the bill with all of the spending and tax changes?

Also, how do you think the progressive caucus in the House reacts when Manchin, etc. strip down some of the social programs and related tax changes?

If the progressive tank either bill, Dems deserve to lose in 2022. It’ll be par for the course.  Lest we forget, Bernie is the Budget chair and signed off on the $3.5T 

Schumer wants the markup done by 9/15 so I imagine most of what will be in the final reconciliation bill will be out there by the time the House reconvenes. 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

So the other 3.5 Trillion dollar Ford through reconciliation? 

And then the House votes on both?

Yes. Schumer is moving to reconciliation, so it’ll be an annoying vote-a-Rama 

Edited by Js1

4 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I agree, but I think any criticism of Biden and his policies is an auto-neg around here these days, but what the heck, I’ll kick it off: the $1T infra plan is good politics, helps all people and has good, broad appeal and support. Great job!

The $3.5T plan is the opposite (IMO) and I’m really curious to see if the Dems can pass it through straight party lines or if some of the more centrist Dems will be a thorn in the side.

You get negged when you are in troll mode. Sometimes you are and you get negged. Sometimes you don’t troll and you don’t. Why do you think you’re still here? Just Good luck? 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

this post should get negged for being a whiney baby 🙄

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2