Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You all hate DeSantis because he's a man that wears high heels.  

Admit it.

Dude.

They're go-go boots.  

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Might as well. I'm sure you would prefer the other word but are too cowardly to use it on the internet. Need those internet points, right? That's who you are. Just another chickenshit racist, who only uses minorities to push your bullshit politics. The only white supremacists here are people like you and Biden. You are not nor will you ever be better than me simply because you are white. Sell that bullshit to one of those useless negroes you can goad with fearmongering.

Fuck you, right back.

Biden-Robert-Byrd.jpg

Speaking of "word salad."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Might as well. I'm sure you would prefer the other word but are too cowardly to use it on the internet. Need those internet points, right? That's who you are. Just another chickenshit racist, who only uses minorities to push your bullshit politics. The only white supremacists here are people like you and Biden. You are not nor will you ever be better than me simply because you are white. Sell that bullshit to one of those useless negroes you can goad with fearmongering.

Fuck you, right back.

Biden-Robert-Byrd.jpg

Talk about being emotional.  You are a smooth brained idiot.  Maybe TexAgs is more your speed.  

Maybe you should stop taking talking points from Candace Owens.  Do your fucking research.  

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/08/28/did-the-1994-crime-bill-cause-mass-incarceration/

Key take away, the Crime Bill of 1994 did reduce violent crime.  However, it was the 1986 Anti-Drug Abuse Act that created the massive sentence disparity between crack and cocaine.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fuck you, right back.
Biden-Robert-Byrd.thumb.jpg.0cfe6ce3f5a0b71118cf9905a380fcf7.jpg
Hate to break it to you @Brothahorn but you're supporting a white supremacist. The GOP is the party of racism today.

Deep down you know it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Talk about being emotional.  You are a smooth brained idiot.  Maybe TexAgs is more your speed.  

Nah Bitch don't back down. You were all for calling me an Uncle Tom, earlier. Come on with it. Let's have some fun.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Nah Bitch don't back down. You were all for calling me an Uncle Tom, earlier. Come on with it. Let's have some fun.

Maybe you should stop taking talking points from Candace Owens.  Do your fucking research.  

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/08/28/did-the-1994-crime-bill-cause-mass-incarceration/

Key take away, the Crime Bill of 1994 did reduce violent crime.  However, it was the 1986 Anti-Drug Abuse Act that created the massive sentence disparity between crack and cocaine.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Hate to break it to you @Brothahorn but you're supporting a white supremacist. The GOP is the party of racism today.

Deep down you know it.

I know that neither party has the best interest of blacks or any minorities in their platform. But if you try to sell on the Dems being better, we will absolutely not agree. 

Deep down you know it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

Let's not forget that DeSantis claims to be the party of small government, but he and the legislature are doing everything they can to take power away from local governments, school boards, parents, etc. as well as going after private companies they don't like, and all of it is complete with more government bureaucracy. 

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

I know that neither party has the best interest of blacks or any minorities in their platform. But if you try to sell on the Dems being better, we will absolutely not agree. 

Deep down you know it.
No I do disagree. I grew up under a republican/conservative house. There is a distinct difference, and it is even more obvious today.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

We can do this all night, dumbass

https://www.americanprogress.org/article/3-ways-1994-crime-bill-continues-hurt-communities-color/

The bill also expanded the use of the death penalty; imposed mandatory life sentences for individuals with three or more felony convictions; and levied harsh new penalties for justice-involved youth. Many of these harmful provisions remain in effect today and continue to target and destabilize communities of color. Here are three ways the 1994 crime bill continues to undermine the safety and well-being of communities of color:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
13 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Deep down you know it.

No I do disagree. I grew up under a republican/conservative house. There is a distinct difference, and it is even more obvious today.

And I grew up with yellow dog democrats who lived through segregation and integration. Que Sera, Sera.

15 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Wow. This may be the most CR thread of all time. 

Over It Abandon Thread GIF

Not even close

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

He may not be as emotional as Trump but he's just as sloppy. His broadly worded legislation seems to have a lot of unintended consequences and causes things pulling inoffensive books because librarians are scared to get in trouble. And his constant need to get credit for fighting "woke Disney" gave Disney all the ammo they needed for their lawsuits. The guy vomits out incriminations of himself in almost every interview he gives. He wrote a damn chapter in his book that Disney is now using as evidence in their Federal lawsuit against him. 

So what specifically has he done in Florida that makes you think he'll be a good choice?

I would argue that those are the very intended consequences for DeSantis. I spend my summers leading trainings for AP teachers around the country. Last summer, I did one in Florida and teachers were already worried about what they could and could not teach. I'm scheduled to do another one next month in another Florida school district and I honestly don't know what to say to them. I know the teachers on the ground are scared. I would like to show up and console them and tell them that as long as they teach the AP curriculum, they'll be fine. But I don't know if that is correct or not, because the legislation is so broadly written. I would ask the school district that hired me to train their teachers, but they don't know either. It's a clusterfuck, but please understand that it is an intentional clusterfuck.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Brothahorn is always good for a laugh because he loves to bring up Biden and Byrd all the while ignoring things like the Southern Strategy, the War on Drugs, crack-cocaine disparity in sentencing and a whole swath of things his beloved GOP has done to make the lives of black people harder. Oh wait, next he'll go with the independent thinker line and how he's not a GOP voter every election. Biden hated black people so much that he served as the VP for the first black President for 8 years, nominated the first black female Justice, and selected a black woman as his VP. 

It's been years since I said anything about voting for the GOP.  What I keep saying is stop trying to sell that bullshit of Democrat policies are better. When you look at those policies and how they have served the people they claim to represent, how can you not question that? Unless of course your are more interested in pushing that political agenda than actually helping.  Black, White, Brown, Red or Yellow, I don't care who you vote for. But just be honest about your chickenshit politics.

Barack and Biden were crooked chickenshit mofos, so of course they were perfect for each other. If you actually took the time to follow anything other than Democrat talking points there are plenty of black Barack critics. The same type that you love to parrot when their politics fit your goal. 

• Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Yet @Brothahorn here you are despite your experience supporting a party that is out right willing to suppress your rights based upon your skin color, sexual orientation and coming soon religious beliefs.

And gender.  The GQP only cares if you are white, Christian, and male.  Brothahorn is a first class moron.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Yet [mention=387]Brothahorn[/mention] here you are despite your experience, you are supporting a party that is out right willing to suppress your rights based upon your skin color, sexual orientation and coming soon religious beliefs.

Do you have any idea how long I have been hearing that same fear-mongering bullshit? Save it for someone who is not comfortable in their skin and needs that affirmation. I was raised better than that. 

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I find it very thought-provoking when people say Biden is a racist. Because it makes me think, man... just WAIT 'til they getta load of this guy called Trump!

Biden is Trump with a D behind his name. Look at all the shit he did while in office. But it's ok because he patronizes the soft serves.

• Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Calling me a Fascist is the ultimate emotional, word salet bullshit there is. If you actually knew what a Fascist was, then you would understand how stupid you look. But that is asking too much from Cloak Room loonies. 

@mdmost I'm out. You can have your board back.

MwlpKw.gif.763378bc89454a95119118d0ecb0628f.gif

200(3).gif.370c0776944c6942b149d0d171cb0d41.gif

oh-fuck-off-fuck.gif.69e4c99c766de97e0328ae7fffb44ff1.gif

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

And gender.  The GQP only cares if you are white, Christian, and male.  Brothahorn is a first class moron.

And you are a first-class, chickenshit racist dumbass.

It's all good though. You can't help but be who you are.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 7

It's been years since I said anything about voting for the GOP.  What I keep saying is stop trying to sell that bullshit of Democrat policies are better. When you look at those policies and how they have served the people they claim to represent, how can you not question that? Unless of course your are more interested in pushing that political agenda than actually helping.  Black, White, Brown, Red or Yellow, I don't care who you vote for. But just be honest about your chickenshit politics.

Barack and Biden were crooked chickenshit mofos, so of course they were perfect for each other. If you actually took the time to follow anything other than Democrat talking points there are plenty of black Barack critics. The same type that you love to parrot when their politics fit your goal. 

Hey @Brothahorn I'm curious did you vote for Obama? First term or second?

I'm interested in your reply.
  • Hook 'Em 1

But what is more chickenshit than refusing to accept you lost an election and trying to inspire a coup instead?  I get not liking Democrat policies.  I’m conservative and was Republican until 2015/2016 when the fucking crazy train went off the rails so bad I couldn’t ignore it anymore.  But if we are choosing which side to lambast, the side that celebrates the most loathsome American politician ever and who doesn’t believe in free elections anymore seems like the bigger problem, don’t you think?
Also, it hasn’t been years you said anything about voting for the GOP.  This all started because you said you wanted to vote for Desantis instead of Biden, in part because of Biden’s racism and ice cream.  What issues are most important to you that makes you believe the GOP challenger is preferable to Biden? 
This.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Hey @Brothahorn I'm curious did you vote for Obama? First term or second?

I'm interested in your reply.

No, I did not. My vote is worth more than some symbolic bullshit. He could only be POTUS but his bills could last my lifetime. 

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

But what is more chickenshit than refusing to accept you lost an election and trying to inspire a coup instead?  I get not liking Democrat policies.  I’m conservative and was Republican until 2015/2016 when the fucking crazy train went off the rails so bad I couldn’t ignore it anymore.  But if we are choosing which side to lambast, the side that celebrates the most loathsome American politician ever and who doesn’t believe in free elections anymore seems like the bigger problem, don’t you think?

Also, it hasn’t been years you said anything about voting for the GOP.  This all started because you said you wanted to vote for Desantis instead of Biden, in part because of Biden’s racism and ice cream.  What issues are most important to you that make you believe the GOP challenger is preferable to Biden?  

Immigration

Energy policy

Domestic policy

Etc.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

22 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

No, I did not. My vote is worth more than some symbolic bullshit. He could only be POTUS but his bills could last my lifetime. 

Immigration

Energy policy

Domestic policy

Etc.

What do you want to see on immigration, hmmmm?  Considering that the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress and the Presidency from 2017 to 2019 and didn't do jack shit about immigration pretty much tells me you do not fucking care that much about immigration.  

Go ahead, enumerate what you like about Republican policies.  We are all ears.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

That's interesting @Brothahorn

I didn't vote for him either time as well. But right now, looking back he's in my opinion the best President in my lifetime. I'm 50 years old.

I reluctantly admit I voted for Trump back in 2016. While I will forever feel shame for enabling that piece of shit, it did open my eyes to what the GOP stands for. Unfortunately, the GOP has realized their days are numbered as a political force and they are fine with embracing a culture of fascism to remain in power.

If Obama could run again, I'd cast my vote for him today.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Immigration

Energy policy

Domestic policy

Etc.

Care to articulate the Republican platform on these issues that you support?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

The Disney thing isn’t even defensible.  I don’t like plenty of other things he’s doing, but there is at least the possibility someone can argue the others have some policy objective and aren’t just pure political retaliation on their face.  But the Disney stuff is just him openly saying he wants to use the government to punish Disney because they don’t support his politics.  It’s one of the most blatantly fascist things I’ve seen an American politician do.

I drop in on a boating/fishing board that has a heavily conservative tilt. Those that hang from his jock have justified the Disney deal by viewing Disney as a governmental entity rather than a for profit corporation because of the district they operated under. They don’t understand there is a distinction between the two entities, but they are wholly onboard with the belief that Disney should not be exerting its influence in politics and that when they opened that door they jeopardized their standing as a stand alone autonomous entity. They also applaud the fact that Disney isn’t moving 2000 more libs to FL to influence the political landscape, so I’m not sure that’s going to play out as a loss.

As far as the last few pages, civil discourse is clearly dead in this country which is kind of sad. Calling some random guy an “Uncle Tom” because he doesn’t vote like you is a little out there in my opinion, but whatever floats your boat. Roughly half the country would vote for Desantis tomorrow so the 3-4 people on here aren’t an anomaly. To them guns, sending the bad brown people home, owning the libs, and shoving alternative lifestyles back into the closet are way more important than some of the other things up for discussion. Small government sure as shit isn’t the reason anymore.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Man, I understand that we will never be on the same page(thankfully) in politics. But if you don't understand how Biden is a chickenshit racist, then you really are a soft-serve ice cream negro. This clown wrote and proudly admitted to two of the most detrimental crime bills in America. They were not just locking up criminals, they were locking up regular black people! Fucking up families! The effects are still being felt today. That's not what the communities asked for at all. How the F do you excuse that?  How the F do you excuse his fight against integration? Something his own VP called him out for? Before she bent the knee. I don't care how many tokens or half-assed apologies he threw out the damage was done. Man, don't ever question my blackness while you slurping Democrat dick.

image.jpeg.a27b9ce70efb74c84a37ef24bde9a958.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Abbot is 65 and starting to look it - no way he's able to run for President in '28, and there's plenty of under-50 Republicans who have more national name recognition than him.  And something about Harris County has him scared shitless (obviously they have the numbers to flip the state, but I mean the GOP's attacks on Harris County have really ramped up in a very targeted way). He maybe angling for a spot in an administration, but either way, whatever shine his star had, it is fading fast, and he's acting like some kind of Hollywood movie star who is past their prime and just trying to get one more starring role.  Which is fucking stupid, like I said - he could be doing things that would make a lot more Texans respect/like him and burnish his legacy, but he's doubling down on pleasing a small minority.

Meatball appears to be on a collision course that will either see Trump destroy him or he outlasts Trump, but is still damaged goods with the MAGA crowd.  The hardcore MAGA types seem to hold as much of a grudge as Trump does.

Texas is one of the dumbest states in the country. They exacerbate that fact by not having term limits. Now we Texans are stuck with loser candidates like Abbott, potty Patrick, and indictment Paxton who have no national prospects and nothing to move up to. What do these guys do? They treat our statewide positions like seats in US Congress. We could be stuck with these asshats for another 10-15 years because no term limits. What a shitty state we live in.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

What do you want to see on immigration, hmmmm?  Considering that the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress and the Presidency from 2017 to 2019 and didn't do jack shit about immigration pretty much tells me you do not fucking care that much about immigration.  
Go ahead, enumerate what you like about Republican policies.  We are all ears.  

Immigration as the first point is hysterical. Biden sucks on immigration… because his administration has quietly been very Trump-esque. Maybe he wants the family separation and kids in cages stuff back? Otherwise

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1