Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

54 minutes ago, tchookem said:
1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:
That was a soft serve apology.

But he said he'd give him a ride.

Anyone on Surly can get a free ride but @PenelopeWitherspoon. That trifling heifer is on her own. 

UR5ewxd.gif

I would Groverat spend the night and indoctrinate my kids before I let that heifer darken my doorstep,

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

I want to apologize [mention=2292]Pancho[/mention], for making it personal.  We don't have to agree politically but I should not have made it personal. We can just agree to disagree and move on. I don't want people to think we as black men can't have civil conversations. I don't want people to think that we as men can't have disagreements. I can and should have done better. 
We can and do have them all the time. My conversations with you are no different than the ones I had with family. But that was family and private.  So if for some crazy ass reason, you called me for a ride, I would come get you. I'm gonna talk shit, but I'm coming.  I shouldn't have taken it to that level. And for that, I apologize.  And I'm fine if you don't accept my apology. It's all good. I wish you nothing but the best going forward., champ.

My oldest is hosting a campout and they are arguing about trivial kid shit.  So as I am trying to give him/them advice, I need to listen to my own words.

Now with that being said, all you lap dogs, who are quoting me or responding to some shit from 2-3 days ago, GO FUCK YOURSELVES. I said what I said and your flip-flopping (you know who you are) is not going to change my mind or matter to me. And I would expect the same from you if it was me doing it. So don't waste your time but more importantly, don't waste my time. Be like [mention=140]mdmost[/mention] or [mention=1259]Bozo_Casanova[/mention] ignore it and/or move the fuck on. 

Ron DeSantis 2024. That's for you [mention=550]PenelopeWitherspoon[/mention]
funny-trump.gif
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Anyone on Surly can get a free ride but @PenelopeWitherspoon. That trifling heifer is on her own. 

UR5ewxd.gif

I would Groverat spend the night and indoctrinate my kids before I let that heifer darken my doorstep,

Now I know why you support Trump and DeSantis.  Because you are an insecure snowflake just like them.  You cannot stand getting called out for your complete bullshit.  You need help.  I feel for your family.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Now with that being said, all you lap dogs, who are quoting me or responding to some shit from 2-3 days ago, GO FUCK YOURSELVES. I said what I said and your flip-flopping (you know who you are) is not going to change my mind or matter to me. And I would expect the same from you if it was me doing it. So don't waste your time but more importantly, don't waste my time. Be like @mdmost or @Bozo_Casanova ignore it and/or move the fuck on. 

Ron DeSantis 2024. That's for you @PenelopeWitherspoon

image.thumb.png.199bc49ade3214e1ed6e7922f7c6803e.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He claims to be 6'1" apparently. But if you look at pictures of him in his boots standing next to Biden, he's still shorter than Biden's 6'0" -ish. He's probably 5'10" w/o shoes?

There's no way that T. rex armed motherfucker is over 5'9". 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

He claims to be 6'1" apparently. But if you look at pictures of him in his boots standing next to Biden, he's still shorter than Biden's 6'0" -ish. He's probably 5'10" w/o shoes?

Who on earth is 6'1" on a Little Italian White Man Who Just Saw Rocky DeSantis thread?

17 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

That's the first time I have heard him speak.

That's beyond grating.

recurring theme. if I'm tfg I do nothing but play the worst clips of his stupid voice. maybe he's actually an escaped Disney dwarf. oh shit, that would explain so much...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

recurring theme. if I'm tfg I do nothing but play the worst clips of his stupid voice. maybe he's actually an escaped Disney dwarf. oh shit, that would explain so much...

It's painfully awkward. There's no Elvis in him at all. Smelling his finger, the white boots, pudding, wiping snot and shaking hands. Then he actually opens his mouth and the sounds that come out are annoying. THIS is the best they can do against that lying sack of shit?

His favorables may have peaked. 

11 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's painfully awkward. There's no Elvis in him at all. Smelling his finger, the white boots, pudding, wiping snot and shaking hands. Then he actually opens his mouth and the sounds that come out are annoying. THIS is the best they can do against that lying sack of shit?

His favorables may have peaked. 

I don't even think Trump has gotten really warmed up in terms of destroying him - he's had a lot of other stuff on his plate.

I could see Trump mocking his boots if they ever actually debated (they won't).

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't even think Trump has gotten really warmed up in terms of destroying him - he's had a lot of other stuff on his plate.

I could see Trump mocking his boots if they ever actually debated (they won't).

trump will come at him, but more importantly maga will never support desantis 

• Hook 'Em 1

His voice sounds like a satirized version of his voice already. Like the overemphasized SNL skit version, but that's how he really sounds. 

I can imagine Trump saying something in the first debate (if there are any) like "awww listen to that little guy's voice. How cute is that" and ending his campaign in that moment. 

I would caution us not to misapply the charge of racism to every position we don’t like. It will become as meaningless as the term, woke. It might be helpful when having difficult but crucial conversations about race/racism to seek common ground on a generally accepted definition racism.

• Like 1

It’s fairly hard to be truly influential on an advisory committee.  Course loads are maxed out, what to trade for what else, etc?  The real lingua franca is, of course, money.  Luckily, my employer let me bring it by the bushel.  So one can influence by funding labs or partnering in research, but the philosophy of the dept/school/college is not really up for debate.  Because we were all satisfied with said philosophy, for one thing.  But mainly the dept chairs and deans held that subject ferociously close.  I imagine a river of faculty exits would occur by the time we get to establishing phrenology programs.  Yet we have an associated school that is little more than that, right now.  

I wouldn’t think holding the money back would count against the pols.  If UT destruction is their aim, defunding works for them, too.

Excellent thread on the slow strangulation of UT.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

just out of curiosity, what keyword(s) do you use to conjure this gif? I've tried and cannot get it to come up

I tried “SNL duh gif” and it came up. I also learned that the character’s name is Cathy Anne and it’s played by Cecily Strong. I’m not familiar with it because I haven’t watched SNL in ages. It stopped being funny years ago. But I figured, that’s from SNL, she’s going “duh,” and it’s a gif, so I thought it was pretty easy to piece together. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I would caution us not to misapply the charge of racism to every position we don’t like. It will become as meaningless as the term, woke. It might be helpful when having difficult but crucial conversations about race/racism to seek common ground on a generally accepted definition racism.

When someone bans the teaching of African-American studies in schools and tries to whitewash American history when it comes to the treatment of slaves and of black people post-emancipation, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to label them as racists. They’re certainly racist policies. When someone asks why you don’t denounce the neo-Nazis who support you and you respond by attacking the media, you might be a little racist. And when you’re trying to ban books and companies and people because they don’t conform to your ideology, that makes you a fascist. You know who else thinks so? Other fascists.

IMG_2753.thumb.png.3ce3446a3eb32f8a7e25b4ed12f578f1.png

IMG_2758.thumb.png.fbcdae3edc1b37ecdf8fb47f7ef3ce9c.png

IMG_2887.thumb.png.7cb8a5bce893cab998b3b3684e4c856a.png

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

When someone bans the teaching of African-American studies in schools and tries to whitewash American history when it comes to the treatment of slaves and of black people post-emancipation, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to label them as racists. They’re certainly racist policies. When someone asks why you don’t denounce the neo-Nazis who support you and you respond by attacking the media, you might be a little racist. And when you’re trying to ban books and companies and people because they don’t conform to your ideology, that makes you a fascist. You know who else thinks so? Other fascists.

IMG_2753.thumb.png.3ce3446a3eb32f8a7e25b4ed12f578f1.png

IMG_2758.thumb.png.fbcdae3edc1b37ecdf8fb47f7ef3ce9c.png

IMG_2887.thumb.png.7cb8a5bce893cab998b3b3684e4c856a.png

I agree completely. That wasn’t my point at all.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Didn’t Disney make the last move with ending their relocation plans? What response are we expecting from DeSantis this week? 

This is when he's supposed to announce he's running.

Also, I'm wondering if he'll try and tangle with the NAACP after they put out their travel warnings for African-Americans visiting Florida.