Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

Can I just go on record and say that the entire adrenochrome thing is complete batshit lunacy?  I mean, for real, if a human being thinks that is really a thing, they should be immediately sterilized and not allowed into public for the rest of their lives.  That is literally a non-functioning brain.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Can I just go on record and say that the entire adrenochrome thing is complete batshit lunacy?  I mean, for real, if a human being thinks that is really a thing, they should be immediately sterilized and not allowed into public for the rest of their lives.  That is literally a non-functioning brain.

That is exactly what I would expect to hear from someone who is obviously addicted to adrenochrome to keep them young and evil. Please turn yourself in to the nearest QAnon sargeant-at-arms ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Have you see how young Oprah Winfrey and Tom Hanks look?

The man doesn't look a day over 65

Tom-Hanks-HISTORYTalks-Carpet-GettyImage

• Haha 1

The whole adrenochrome thing was a clear sign the Qanon idiots were all mentally ill (and idiots).

And when you confront them, and they pull the "well I haven't looked into it, but people are talking about it" bullshit, they know full fucking well that it's batshit insane, but they want to be in on the big conspiracy that all of their online friends are into. There's power to believing that you are in on a conspiracy that most people don't know about.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The whole adrenochrome thing was a clear sign the Qanon idiots were all mentally ill (and idiots).
And when you confront them, and they pull the "well I haven't looked into it, but people are talking about it" bullshit, they know full fucking well that it's batshit insane, but they want to be in on the big conspiracy that all of their online friends are into. There's power to believing that you are in on a conspiracy that most people don't know about.

It is now and always has been the playground power of “I know something you don’t know.” It’s giving powerless people an idea that they have power. In exchange for that feeling they give knobs like tfg and DeSadtits actual power.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

33 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It is now and always has been the playground power of “I know something you don’t know.” It’s giving powerless people an idea that they have power. In exchange for that feeling they give knobs like tfg and DeSadtits actual power.

And it makes stupid people feel smart because they know “what’s really going on.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Sorry if it leads to a thread derail but how and when did this shit start? 

On 6/9/2023 at 9:37 AM, Biff Tannen said:

If there were such a thing as Adrenochrome, Pfizer would have already isolated it and have been mass producing it for years

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The Disney Nazis have a DeSantis flag.

Which prompted a bunch of “These are provocateurs being paid to damage DeSantis!” comments.

Nah fam - when you only speak in dog whistles, sometimes actual dogs show up.

I’m stealing that last line by the way. So true.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

The Disney Nazis have a DeSantis flag.

Which prompted a bunch of “These are provocateurs being paid to damage DeSantis!” comments.

Nah fam - when you only speak in dog whistles, sometimes actual dogs show up.

Why is that one Nazi flag flying at half staff? Is it because Pat Robertson died?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

On the adrenochrome thing:

https://www.litcharts.com/lit/fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas/part-two-chapter-5-a-terrible-experience-with-extremely-dangerous-drugs#summary-157000

Summary of relevant text from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" followed by literary analysis.

Spoiler

“Where’s the opium?” Gonzo asks. Duke hands him the drug bag, which is nearly empty. “As your attorney,” Gonzo says, “I advise you not to worry.” He tells Duke to take “hit” from a small bottle in his shaving kit. “Adrenochrome,” he says. “You won’t need much.” Duke has heard of this drug—it “makes pure mescaline seem like ginger beer.” He dips the head of match into the bottle and licks it. “Where’d you get this?” Duke asks. Adrenochrome isn’t the kind of thing you can just buy. It comes from “the adrenaline glands from a living human body.” Gonzo tells him he got it as payment from a client, a “Satanism freak” that didn’t have any cash.

The addition of adrenochrome means that Duke and Gonzo’s drug binge is officially out of control. The fact that they have the drug implies that someone had to die for them to use it, which is in keeping with Thompson’s overarching theme of violence as meaningless brutality and even entertainment. While Thompson is being satirical here, adrenochrome does exist, but it is not known to have any psychedelic properties.

The adrenochrome hits Duke almost immediately, and he can he can “feel [his] eyeballs swelling, about to pop out of the sockets.” Gonzo begins to back away. “Goddamn it,” he says. “You took too much.” He assures Duke that the rush won’t last long, and that he will have to “just ride the bastard out.” Gonzo turns back to the television and continues watching the news. Images of “Nixon’s face fill the screen,” but Duke can’t make out what he is saying. “Just stay relaxed,” Gonzo says again. Duke looks back to the television where Nixon is repeating “sacrifice…sacrifice…sacrifice.”

Duke has only taken the smallest drop of the drug, yet it is still too much—not even he can handle the pure essence of human emotion that adrenochrome supposedly contains. The news image of Nixon again calls attention to the violence and corruption of the Vietnam War. The image of Nixon repeating the word “sacrifice” reflects the violence of the government and their willingness to kill innocent people, which Duke is paradoxically calmed by—presumably because he is so used to it.

tldr: The actual compound exists, but it has no psychoactive properties. How it went from being used satirically by Thompson in the early 70s to something Democrats harvest from children in 2023 I don't know.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

How it went from being used satirically by Thompson in the early 70s to something Democrats harvest from children in 2023 I don't know.

What's really awesome is that the examples they use to show they are harvesting this shit from children....look their ages.

It's like these fucking idiots could be using somebody like Paul Rudd who is in his mid-50s as their example of Hollywood celebs harvesting it from children to stay young.

Nope, they are using Tom Hanks and Oprah Winfrey, both of whom, without makeup, look like they are in their late 60s.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

If there were such a thing as Adrenochrome, Pfizer would have already isolated it and have been mass producing it for years

8 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The actual compound exists, but it has no psychoactive properties

It’s oxidized epinephrine lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m what world would a 30 something woman who constantly wears Gunne Sax and Jessica McClintock prom dresses, polyester white gloves, faux Chanel suits from Wish.com and casual wear from Talbots paired with makeup that looks like it was done at a Belk makeup counter and poorly done up-dos by cosmetology students be fêted by any fashion magazine???

Bitch please.

wat

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m what world would a 30 something woman who constantly wears Gunne Sax and Jessica McClintock prom dresses, polyester white gloves, faux Chanel suits from Wish.com and casual wear from Talbots paired with makeup that looks like it was done at a Belk makeup counter and poorly done up-dos by cosmetology students be fêted by any fashion magazine???

Bitch please.

Is that Fashion Speak for "she's a pin-headed troll doll?" If so, we agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

lol I forget sometimes that you boys are visual.

It means, does this woman cosplaying FLOTUS look like someone any high fashion magazine would consider for a cover?

e4a53398c3babc5f8cc8188773b4c89c.jpg
711203698a6dc2c67f8786ed6480735f.jpg
ca0d1c13020af6723bca24db8c1a4894.jpg
1042afa55ba2e4381090f5fc05050858.jpg
930cf7bf13ae758ac0fcddb39d0208e0.jpg
f625a48601a854693027dc9022aa744d.jpg
8cf3bafa1c57de9e88dfb2e995e756d8.jpg
cb94fd6f199094c56748697a68d60429.jpg

My lawyer also wears a cape. She's very independent, doesn't follow trends.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

I don't get this whole thing.  I think she's smoking beautiful.  She is a warrior for battling cancer.  By all accounts, is a great mother.  

Her prize mistake is she pulled a Lynette Pomeroy and fell for a Naval officer who would turn out to be a complete piece of shit.  In the end, she's the least shitty thing named DeSantis.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

lol I forget sometimes that you boys are visual.

It means, does this woman cosplaying FLOTUS look like someone any high fashion magazine would consider for a cover?

e4a53398c3babc5f8cc8188773b4c89c.jpg
711203698a6dc2c67f8786ed6480735f.jpg
ca0d1c13020af6723bca24db8c1a4894.jpg
1042afa55ba2e4381090f5fc05050858.jpg
930cf7bf13ae758ac0fcddb39d0208e0.jpg
f625a48601a854693027dc9022aa744d.jpg
8cf3bafa1c57de9e88dfb2e995e756d8.jpg
cb94fd6f199094c56748697a68d60429.jpg

She reminds me of the vibe I get from political posters in places like Sudan or Syria, where somebody has printed a faded yellow background on vinyl, and cut-and-pasted several creepily sharp images into the same scene except they all have the light source in different directions. Then there will be some telenovela-ish man-version of her face, with meticulously groomed stubble and reflective bug-eye sunglasses. There will be disco-beat Middle Eastern music and dry camel-dung dust in the air.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2