Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Too funny!  The Venezuelans DeSantis flew to Martha's Vineyard are finding jobs, making friends and thriving on the island.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/28/us/migrants-desantis-marthas-vineyard.html

Um, I was told rich white liberals were just as racist and immigrant hating as poor white Rs.  No way they would want to live alongside these people.  This must be fake news.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

And then they go and help an immigrant and end up welcoming them into their community. Belief becomes reality. 

Or

I believe that America was founded as a Christian nation, and that anyone who disagrees with this notion is against my nation and my faith, and they need to be stopped at all costs. Therefore I ban books I think undermine my belief system, I kick out people who don't agreewith my culture, and I live in fear.

All of his great-grandparents immigrated from Italy during one of the Italian diasporas.  I guarantee they were treated like shit being Italian, but if they were treated like how he wants to treat immigrants, he wouldn't be here in the US, he and his parents/grandparents would still be in fucking Italy.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So he wants to use the IRS to punish “woke” ideology?  If we take him at his word, he would support (but dislike) Biden weaponizing the IRS to punish conservatives.

His first choice is eliminate it. His second is to weaponize it.  
makes complete and total sense. 

• Like 1

Yeah, getting rid of the DEI/CRT/woke culture at Dept. of Energy is a curious choice.  I mean, most of the ICBM's are shaped like cocks and they tend to rub up against one another by design.  And then when they reach peak climax, they open up and spray all over each other,

24 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

This isn't one of those AI generated comedy things?  It really happened?  (I hope so).

14 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Seriously, is this real? Because wow.

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

This is overdubbed right?

Depends on the state - I know he pissed off some major Republican BMDs/players/voters/etc. in I think it was New Hampshire because he was trying to hold a rally or a townhall or something at the same time that a major Republican group (Republican Women Voters or something like that). I'm probably wrong on the state, but anyways some GOP groups asked him to move his event and he wouldn't.  So I could see some Republicans showing up just to fuck with him.

Fun fact about human nature...when you choose to make something a part of your identity, it's amazing how that adoption shapes your actual behavior. Example: I and my community are the type of people who want to help those in need, and believe that help will be repaid by them being a good citizen. And then they go and help an immigrant and end up welcoming them into their community. Belief becomes reality. 
Or
I believe that America was founded as a Christian nation, and that anyone who disagrees with this notion is against my nation and my faith, and they need to be stopped at all costs. Therefore I ban books I think undermine my belief system, I kick out people who don't agreewith my culture, and I live in fear.

Moral of the story: be a good person and meet people with kindness where you can, and the world will be a better place. 

Whatever…
5e51e602cde75ab1b1a878c548a0dcbb.jpg
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Depends on the state - I know he pissed off some major Republican BMDs/players/voters/etc. in I think it was New Hampshire because he was trying to hold a rally or a townhall or something at the same time that a major Republican group (Republican Women Voters or something like that). I'm probably wrong on the state, but anyways some GOP groups asked him to move his event and he wouldn't.  So I could see some Republicans showing up just to fuck with him.

35 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

There is no chance in hell this little bitch put himself in front of a crowd that he didn't know going in would be extremely supportive of him.

So the New Hampshire Federation of Republican Women were really fucking pissed at him, because he wouldn't schedule.  I'm wondering if one of them made the establishment bitch remark.

FzPjUyxWcAAUW2y?format=jpg&name=large

Thinking about how badly DeSantis has fucked up his chance to win the GOP nom and how no one has been even remotely close to unseating Trump despite Trump being twice indicted and on track to be convicted, with polling numbers showing the majority of Republicans ready to move on from him.  For some reason he thought he had to out-Trump Trump which to me was an obvious loser move.

My current theory is that GOP voters demand someone “tough”.  To them, tough means angry.  (In reality I think they actually interpret fear as toughness.)  Can a GOP candidate come across as tough without saying a bunch of insane lies?  Why isn’t there someone who is showing anger about the deficit and the border and fentanyl without spouting stupid bullshit about election fraud and wokeness?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Thinking about how badly DeSantis has fucked up his chance to win the GOP nom and how no one has been even remotely close to unseating Trump despite Trump being twice indicted and on track to be convicted, with polling numbers showing the majority of Republicans ready to move on from him.  For some reason he thought he had to out-Trump Trump which to me was an obvious loser move.
My current theory is that GOP voters demand someone “tough”.  To them, tough means angry.  (In reality I think they actually interpret fear as toughness.)  Can a GOP candidate come across as tough without saying a bunch of insane lies?  Why isn’t there someone who is showing anger about the deficit and the border and fentanyl without spouting stupid bullshit about election fraud and wokeness?
I would only amend to say tough means bullying. Bullying the people they don't like. The more cruel the bullying, the better
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

I think this is the angle Christie is going for. He's punching Trump in the mouth a bit.

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I think this is the angle Christie is going for. He's punching Trump in the mouth a bit.

Yeah, but I think combining the right anger with attacking Trump is also a losing strategy.  (Also, Christie is a proven loser so he is not a viable candidate.). Had DeSantis or Haley come out of the gate focusing on how angry they are about the deficit and fentanyl and the border while ignoring Trump/wokeness/election fraud, I think that would have been a winning play.  You have to avoid completely alienating Trump’s base until after the primary.

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

republicans talking about the deficit is always an insane lie.  border too. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

republicans talking about the deficit is always an insane lie.  border too. 

They are lies, but they’re not insane.  Sane lies are how the GOP has won any national election in the last 50 years.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

While the traditional GOP model and current Democratic model of "Turn out the base", MAGA was busy finding about 20-25mm disaffected voters between 2015-2020 who either never voted or rarely voted because they felt marginalized and left out.  And depending on the state, no GOP candidate can now win statewide elected office, let alone the Presidency unless virtually all of these people continue to get out and vote.   This won't go away for another 10-20 years unfortunately.  It is the last gasp of a dying regime based on lies and stupidity.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/26/2023 at 5:12 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

You know that guy who flies those helicopters down at the border? Like him or don't, whatever man, either way he still gets to fly helicopters all day.

I'm talkin DaVinci style flyin machines.

He's datin Kayla the Lotion Girl.

ABLE. BODIED. ATHLETICISM.

Here's his buddy Ron, who's got the meatballs for his Velveeta meatball sandwich.

Achieve your dreams. Liquid Gold. Eat Like That Guy You Know.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 4

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Actually Abbott has to be furious over this - no way he would have signed off on DeSantis using DPS resources to boost his campaign.

Well, if your plan is to turn the entire country into Florida, makes sense to annex a really big state first.

Or maybe it's like right after the Revolution, when each colony claimed their own strip of land going all the way to the Pacific.

Maybe DeSantis is just sitting down at Abbott's table, reaching across his plate, and taking his corn bread. And Abbott just lets him.

51 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Well, if your plan is to turn the entire country into Florida, makes sense to annex a really big state first.

Looks like I picked the right week to start sniffing meth.  

Yeah, Abbott would never answer the question (or any question) in 1000 years...but somebody should prod him with, "What did you think of Gov. DeSantis using our state tax dollars and your DPS assets to effectively film a campaign commercial for free?"  Never mind it's an FEC violation.  Cut to next week when Abbott is blasting through the Everglades on an FSP fan-boat looking for Cuban flotillas.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Drool 1

law and order crazy shit GIF

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/desantis-crowd-heckler/

While the video is real, this audio is either AI-generated or fabricated in some other way. The video was taken at a June 26, 2023, campaign event in Eagle Pass, Texas, in which DeSantis "presented his border security plan as part of his platform to win the Republican nomination for president." 

A video of the hour-long event can be found on Rumble. In reality, the exchange — which begins at 51:30 in the full Rumble video — concerned fentanyl deaths in America. The actual transcript of that interaction looks like this:

WOMAN: Thank you Governor. Um, my name is Veronica [...]. My daughter passed away from Fentanyl poisoning. Um, this isn't really a question, but more of a… Sometimes fentanyl overdoses are not overdoses. They're poisonings. So can we start calling them what they are: a poisoning and it's a murder. 

DESANTIS: Absolutely. And we're sorry to hear about your daughter. And, you know, unfortunately, I mean, we have, uh, two mothers. 

[Audience member raises hand]

DESANTIS: We probably even have more here. Um, and, and it's um… yes.

Real question:  Who besides the dotard can anyone conceive of getting the nomination for the Rs?  Not this year.  For any year in the foreseeable future?

There was so much talk of DeSantis being a "smarter" or "more capable" dotard version and he's getting absolutely annihilated more than a year before the election.  The right has seemingly decided they want dotard or no one.  When dotard is dead/imprisoned/dead, who could possibly replace him?