Aggy tears playoff selection conspiracy thread

Beau Vine

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

image.thumb.png.a5a48f03b83a92d69e0e7f5738912707.png

I'm pretty sure the ags were 100% on-board with the worthiness of the selection committee back when both Georgia and Alabama were inserted into the 4-team playoff.  The ags I know were pretty insistent that the selection committee was righteous and just.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

image.png.13038501fc3e7e3b072fecba73541814.png

I'm boycotting the playoffs. Well, I'll watch if it's Alabama and Clemson in the final. Also, the two semifinal games are a rematch of last year and a rubber match from 2012 - so I'll probably tune in to those, too. But outside of that I'm not going to watch a second.

1 hour ago, nnm said:

That 2014 TCU team was salty, and may have the best claim for a screw job. Dropping from 3 to 5 after a 55-3 demolishing of a conference opponent, in favor of brand name tOSU, is pretty egregious.
They went on to demolish Ole Miss (who beat Bama that year) 42-3 in the Peach Bowl, and it wasn’t that close. 
They could’ve played with any of the 4-team invitational teams that year. Not sure who would’ve won, but it would’ve been fun to watch. 

That's probably the best example. Baylor that year had a claim too. Penn State in 2016 won the Big Ten and beat Ohio State head-to-head. Maybe UCF in 2017 though I'm not really that sympathetic to G5 teams. I don't think it's a big deal that Ohio State's 2-loss 2017 team or one-loss 2018 team didn't make it, but both of those teams just underlined to me that we needed at least six and probably eight teams participating. 

12 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

That's probably the best example. Baylor that year had a claim too. Penn State in 2016 won the Big Ten and beat Ohio State head-to-head. Maybe UCF in 2017 though I'm not really that sympathetic to G5 teams. I don't think it's a big deal that Ohio State's 2-loss 2017 team or one-loss 2018 team didn't make it, but both of those teams just underlined to me that we needed at least six and probably eight teams participating. 

After one year they should have expanded it to 8 teams. Just ridiculous. It's entirely possible that they slotted the best and 2nd best team in the country 4th and 6th in 2014. Like, that wasn't a huge red flag moving forward that there's going to be issues with this whole 4 team thing?

Maybe UCF in 2017 was one of the best 4 teams in the country, maybe they weren't. The fact that they didn't get a chance to prove that one way or another is dumb. They beat the 2nd best team in their conference twice and beat the 3rd best team in the SEC (who was ranked 7th) in their bowl game. Sure their schedule wasn't super tough - but they went undefeated and handed out a slew of ass-whippings. The worst result on their schedule was a 7 pt WIN @SMU.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

After one year they should have expanded it to 8 teams. Just ridiculous. It's entirely possible that they slotted the best and 2nd best team in the country 4th and 6th in 2014. Like, that wasn't a huge red flag moving forward that there's going to be issues with this whole 4 team thing?

Maybe UCF in 2017 was one of the best 4 teams in the country, maybe they weren't. The fact that they didn't get a chance to prove that one way or another is dumb. They beat the 2nd best team in their conference twice and beat the 3rd best team in the SEC (who was ranked 7th) in their bowl game. Sure their schedule wasn't super tough - but they went undefeated and handed out a slew of ass-whippings. The worst result on their schedule was a 7 pt WIN @SMU.

they could have also done a 6 team with the top 2 getting a bye. 

The NCAA is the biggest public racket going. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

this is must-watch/listen re: the playoff invitational

- pooraggy, cincy screwed worse

- pac is dead

- feast/famine polarization at the top (which is why thermensa's failure = recruiting trap door)

- going to 16 = nfl money tree

- does not address elephant in the room (bowl system is dead)

credit to zeus for posting in the selection show thread (reposting here to insure visibility)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I hadn't listened to texaggy radio for a while for obvious reasons, but today I'm podcasting and 10 minutes in and Olin Buchanan has already intimated that Joey Galloway and Luke Fickell have had gay sex with each other. Can't wait to listen to how hard Looch is gonna cry later. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/CnUgh3kc5mc/0136874-lmgo.mp3

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this is must-watch/listen re: the playoff invitational

- pooraggy, cincy screwed worse

- pac is dead

- feast/famine polarization at the top (which is why thermensa's failure = recruiting trap door)

- going to 16 = nfl money tree

- does not address elephant in the room (bowl system is dead)

credit to zeus for posting in the selection show thread (reposting here to insure visibility)

This is a great take, and I laughed at the end:

"Does A&M have a legitimate gripe that they were not included? NO"

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

image.thumb.png.a5a48f03b83a92d69e0e7f5738912707.png

was this written in 2008?

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

they could have also done a 6 team with the top 2 getting a bye. 

The NCAA is the biggest public racket going. 

bye week is a non starter that just creates way more problems than it solves.  8 teams, 5 Conf title winners, 1 mandatory non P5 school.  Fin

the comedy is not that they were screwed, they were.

it's the righteous indignation....

- oblivious to cincy being screwed worse

- they are first to be screwed evar

- they are nationally relevant

- this is college football's 9/11

- kraken logic

- kraken math

- they are no one in their league = cognitive dissonance

- first-EVAR 1-loss sec team not to make it.... PUT IT ON THE WALL

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the comedy is not that they were screwed, they were.

it's the righteous indignation....

- oblivious to cincy being screwed worse

- they are first to be screwed evar

- they are nationally relevant

- this is college football's 9/11

- kraken logic

- kraken math

- they are no one in their league = cognitive dissonance

- first-EVAR 1-loss sec team not to make it.... PUT IT ON THE WALL

Agree to disagree. 

41 minutes ago, markstanco said:

They beat #1 who is now #2, that was their best win.  Also beat #19 UNC at UNC.

Aggy beat a 3 loss florida team who was 5 and now (lol) 7. The teams they beat went a combined 29-50.  Gauntlet. 

this year, yet again, exposes the pussy scheduling strategy of the sec. even more damning is that they primarily played each other this season.

total fucking fraud.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

I hadn't listened to texaggy radio for a while for obvious reasons, but today I'm podcasting and 10 minutes in and Olin Buchanan has already intimated that Joey Galloway and Luke Fickell have had gay sex with each other. Can't wait to listen to how hard Looch is gonna cry later. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/CnUgh3kc5mc/0136874-lmgo.mp3

I for one hope they continue to tweet at and bash ESPN personalities.  Kirk and his peers may not have a vote, but they absolutely have influence on the perception of teams. 

On 12/20/2020 at 6:48 PM, slorch said:

For you hypersensitive idiots negging the post quoted above, maybe you ought to keep up with a little current events, with regard to Texas High School football.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/naacp-files-uil-complaint-over-austin-lbj-jaguars-loss-to-lindale-eagles

take the loss, pussy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Disappointed Aggie fans say Texas A&M “robbed” by CFP selection committee

Aggie fans expressed their disappointment and frustration Sunday after the College Football Playoff selection committee decided to leave Texas A&M out of the top four in the final rankings of the season, ending the team’s hopes of winning a national title.

The Aggies again were placed 5th in the CFP poll by the committee, the same spot the team occupied for all five of the rankings released this season.

“We were robbed man, robbed,” Victor Castillo of Bryan said. “Honestly, last night I thought we were going to the playoffs. Notre Dame lost by 24 points. Signed, sealed, delivered. The committee, I don’t know what they’re smoking, but it’s something crazy.”

Alabama received the committee’s top ranking, followed by Clemson, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. The CFP semifinals will be played on New Year’s Day for a spot in the national championship, which is set for January 11 in Miami Gardens, Florida.

But A&M fans firmly believe the Aggies are one of the best four teams in the country.

“A&M is 8-1 in the SEC. It’s the best conference in the U.S.A.,” Andrew Acosta, who has held Aggie season tickets since 2005, said. “I know a lot of other fans, and we’re all upset. There are no words, really.”

“I think we proved our point winning against Florida, who almost beat Alabama yesterday,” College Station resident Haydn Murrell said.

Texas A&M did not lose a game since the first rankings were released on November 24. Their three victories came over LSU, Auburn, and Tennessee. Many analysts said winning out should’ve been enough for the Aggies to earn a playoff spot.

“I feel like they got cheated,” Franklin resident Top Hogan said. “Why are you going to tell them they have to win all their games, and when they do that, they still don’t make it? How does that work?”

“They definitely did their part,” Cameron Griffin, another College Station resident, said. “They did all they could. They convincingly won the games they needed to, and it kind of just left it up to the committee. I guess they did what they thought was best, which obviously as Aggie fans, we’re going to disagree with, but it hurts a little bit.”

Aggie fans believe Texas A&M has a stronger case as a playoff team than both Ohio State and Notre Dame, the two teams finishing just above the Aggies at three and four.

“How is a team supposed to be in the top four if they just got blown out? That makes no sense, right?” Murrell said, referring to Notre Dame’s 34-10 loss to Clemson in the ACC Championship Game Saturday night. “Same for Ohio State. They played six games. We’ve won seven games in a row, and Ohio State can still be in the top four and only play six games? It just doesn’t make sense.”

“I thought after Clemson’s dominating win last night, it kind of showed that Notre Dame wasn’t all that they were made out to be,” Griffin said. “I think like what Jimbo said, with seven straight SEC wins, that really gave us a strong argument to push into the playoff.”

“Ohio State only has six games and struggled against Northwestern,” Acosta said. “It’s just very disappointing.”

Texas A&M accepted the invitation to the Capital One Orange Bowl which will kick off on January 2 in Miami Gardens, Florida where they will take on 13th-ranked North Carolina. The matchup will mark the first-ever meeting between the two programs.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/12/21/disappointed-aggie-fans-say-texas-am-robbed-by-cfp-selection-committee/

10 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

“They did all they could. They convincingly won the games they needed to...."

I know 2020 has been weird. But I could have sworn the most recent game aggy lost badly to Bama was this year. 

That game is an automatic L for them so it's never going to factor into their calculus

Edited by Bevo14

My ag inlaws are actually smart, decent people.  My FIL told me he was glad they didn't make it into the CFP and get their heads caved in by Alabama or Clemson.  He recognizes that the Orange Slice Bowl is a more winnable game for his team.

I think the ags and tar heels are going to be pretty evenly matched, so he's right about that.