Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, you say that like it's somehow different from Liucci and  Perroni's business models as well. They don't hide, they just delete threads and posts till things calm down. 

But perroni & pubes will never quit aggy.  Karen will follow Baggins to his next stop and all the shit she will talk about aggy in hindsight might just earn her a classics page on surly. 

26 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Apparently, when A&M started the search for Sumlin's replacement and Jimbo's name was brought up as aggy having an interest in, Karen told her FSU buddies that Jimbo would never work for a second-tier football school.

Screenshots of this from an FSU forum would prove highly entertaining. 

48 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Apparently, when A&M started the search for Sumlin's replacement and Jimbo's name was brought up as aggy having an interest in, Karen told her FSU buddies that Jimbo would never work for a second-tier football school.

This would be worth some digging.  What is the FSU board she was on?

57 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Stupid sip. Getting Jimbo automatically makes them first-tier.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

This would be worth some digging.  What is the FSU board she was on?

I'll have to ask the guy that told me that. He's a co-worker and  FSU grad that still lives down there. She apparently got into with a bunch of them when FSU was getting tired of Jimbo's crap before he left. 

Edited by texaslong

6 hours ago, golfclap said:

yes. that was the rumor. Did you see the Renfro stuff? 

A post also said that Erik Young broke his arm.  So who else do they have now at CB besides Myles Jones, Oliver, and Fuller?  Am I missing anyone?  Blades hasn't set foot on the field yet.

Lulz Lawrence is going to toast those Corners.

Does Spav have a decent passing QB?

Shit, Starkel may throw for 350+ on this bunch.

IT AIN'T GONNA BE LIKE IT USED TO BE

2,554 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 sec ago by Bill Superman

Bill Superman

AG

And it ain't gonna end like it used to end.

We are already expected to have no chance in 4 games this season - Clemson, Bama, Georgia, LSU.

We are NOT losing all 4 of those games! But I certainly can't say we are winning all 4 either.

0-4: not the end of the world if we handle business the rest of the way

1-3: I'll take it

2-2: Good season. Exceeded expectations. Potential SEC champions

3-1: See y'all in the playoffs 

4-0: Championship, give it to us.

We have to take care of the remaining SEC gauntlet. 

Auburn always fields a good team. Can we beat both Miss schools for once? We are due for an L to Arkansas at some point - same goes for Scar.

This is year 2 under Jimbo and I expect to be better. Considering the schedule, I would be content at 8-4. I would be let down at 7-5, but I don't see that happening.

Here's to BTHO this damn schedule! 

Gig'em

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

IT AIN'T GONNA BE LIKE IT USED TO BE

2,554 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 sec ago by Bill Superman

Bill Superman

AG

And it ain't gonna end like it used to end.

We are already expected to have no chance in 4 games this season - Clemson, Bama, Georgia, LSU.

We are NOT losing all 4 of those games! But I certainly can't say we are winning all 4 either.

0-4: not the end of the world if we handle business the rest of the way

1-3: I'll take it

2-2: Good season. Exceeded expectations. Potential SEC champions

3-1: See y'all in the playoffs 

4-0: Championship, give it to us.

We have to take care of the remaining SEC gauntlet. 

Auburn always fields a good team. Can we beat both Miss schools for once? We are due for an L to Arkansas at some point - same goes for Scar.

This is year 2 under Jimbo and I expect to be better. Considering the schedule, I would be content at 8-4. I would be let down at 7-5, but I don't see that happening.

Here's to BTHO this damn schedule! 

Gig'em

Bill Superman was all in on the UIL conspiracy.  

9 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

"He'd be an aggy if he made his decision today" is my new favorite. 

I agree with this one. It's just a bit better than:

"Smart money is on him landing in aggieland"

"I would give the ags the edge here"

"I like where the ags stand as of right now"

"Jimbo and company going all in on this one"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

I agree with this one. It's just a bit better than:

"Smart money is on him landing in aggieland"

"I would give the ags the edge here"

"I like where the ags stand as of right now"

"Jimbo and company going all in on this one"

He almost committed to the good guys during the bbq

• Like 1

Yea I was told that Demas still hadn’t passed the STAAR test and the education aspect probably was a big driver in moving up there. Good luck to the young man.

In other news I’m fairly certain that I saw Daniel figurelli at L’auberge this evening from the craps table. It was a heater though so I couldn’t get up to give him shit. He looks very very short if that was really him though.

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

ImageImageImageImage

Has anyone else noticed before that regardless of the aTm reporter, website, or era, all of these cheesedicks use the term “smart money” in like every other recruiting article? They use it all the fucking time.

”if the player chose today, the smart money would be on aTm.” If the phrase Smart Money were a sentient being it would have to be horrified that these slobbering goons over use of the phrase considering the irony that they’ve never done anything smart with their money, ever. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
I see you have noticed. Still absurd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Has anyone else noticed before that regardless of the aTm reporter, website, or era, all of these cheesedicks use the term “smart money” in like every other recruiting article? They use it all the fucking time.

”if the player chose today, the smart money would be on aTm.” If the phrase Smart Money were a sentient being it would have to be horrified that these slobbering goons over use of the phrase considering the irony that they’ve never done anything smart with their money, ever. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

True. The writers should use a phrase their readers can better relate to, like “if I was betting on it today, my insurance commission checks would be on Broughton, Princely, Alford, Conner, OT Harris Jr. to aggy.”

• Like 1

wait, so lost on me because of some of the other depth chart shit is that Max Wright is listed as the backup to Tyree Johnson at the Edge spot. 

in their own words :: 

This is the hybrid rush/drop position that often lines up to the boundary that’s listed as a defensive end by A&M. 

so they're going to have that dude drop in coverage? Like, to cover the RB or H-Back/TE on swings/flares? Travis Etienne for example? Fantastic. 

there was also this nugget :: 

A&M has slimmed down most of its defensive linemen but not Brown who is hard to move and yet still has more explosion than you think.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1