A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

So, surely Judge Kaplan will sanction her for lying to him, correct?

On the other hand, hopefully she did have covid and spread it to everyone there. 

counterpoint - if used properly, covid could delay every one of his trials for years.

"my wife thinks she might have covid" has gotten me out of plane tickets, hotel reservations, dinner reservations, birthday parties, baby showers, get-togethers with annoying people.  it's insanely useful.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

how the fuck don't they have a young female GoP intern assigned to dumb ass - check his hair and make up. check his clothes and make sure his diaper is clean before he goes out in public. 

Alina Melanie Habba Doo can only do so much. 

29 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

So, surely Judge Kaplan will sanction her for lying to him, correct?

On the other hand, hopefully she did have covid and spread it to everyone there. 

No doubt she was spreading something around, it's why they call her Birthday Cake. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

He is not losing any primary to Haley. You are wishcasting. 

She will lose SC and then she will drop out and suck orange cock like DeSantis. 

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Best case scenario is the remaining Koch keeps funding her through Super Tuesday and THEN she suspends her campaign and goes back to slobbering his knob full time. 

If she’s got BMDs backing her, she may stay in it for quite a while to build up a war chest and a network for 2028. She’s already damaged in the eyes of MAGA, so then she stays in it to engage the never-Trumper Republicans and get them enthused for 2028.  If she comes out of the gate in 2027/2028 with a decent war chest, and a network of people in most of the states, she’s automatically ahead of any other Republican.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If she’s got BMDs backing her, she may stay in it for quite a while to build up a war chest and a network for 2028. She’s already damaged in the eyes of MAGA, so then she stays in it to engage the never-Trumper Republicans and get them enthused for 2028.  If she comes out of the gate in 2027/2028 with a decent war chest, and a network of people in most of the states, she’s automatically ahead of any other Republican.

Presidential campaigns are for the here and now.  The idea that you can successfully pursue one four years from now rarely if ever works.  It's far more likely she winds up being as relevant is Carly Fiorina or Jeb Bush; nothing more than a footnote in Presidential campaigning.  Thinking that she is losing now to set up for later is like trying to say Howard Dean went on his rant to set up for 2012.  Yeah, no.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Presidential campaigns are for the here and now.  The idea that you can successfully pursue one four years from now rarely if ever works. 

Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush all ran in primaries and/or general elections, and lost, and then came back to win later on down the road.

13 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

It's far more likely she winds up being as relevant is Carly Fiorina or Jeb Bush; nothing more than a footnote in Presidential campaigning.  

Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney lost primary races and then came back in later elections to win the nomination.

She was never going to beat Trump and everybody knows it, just as Ronald Reagan wasn’t going to beat Gerald Ford in ‘76, or George H. W. Bush wasn’t going to beat Reagan in ‘80, or John McCain wasn’t going to beat George W. Bush in 2000, and Mitt Romney wasn’t going to beat John McCain in 2008.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She was never going to beat Trump and everybody knows it, just as Ronald Reagan wasn’t going to beat Gerald Ford in ‘76, or George H. W. Bush wasn’t going to beat Reagan in ‘80, or John McCain wasn’t going to beat George W. Bush in 2000, and Mitt Romney wasn’t going to beat John McCain in 2008.

Or Bob Dole wasn’t going to beat George H. W. Bush in 1988.

The GOP is notorious for running previous runner-ups as future candidates.  

That’s why it was baffling that DeSantis fucked around so much.  He could have had 2028 locked up.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She won’t beat trump in 2028 either.  

• Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Looks like I'm ready to pass my 4th semester of US history exam.

Where do I sign up?

Seriously though, US history can't be just 2 semesters anymore... is it?

It took me 3 semesters. 

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

counterpoint - if used properly, covid could delay every one of his trials for years.

"my wife thinks she might have covid" has gotten me out of plane tickets, hotel reservations, dinner reservations, birthday parties, baby showers, get-togethers with annoying people.  it's insanely useful.

Wait. Are you married? 

I just wish it worked for airlines, accommodations, and Epic pass tickets. I just ate $900 on the latter.

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He makes George Hamilton look like he has no shot at skin cancer.  

Also, I sort of pity the folks at Madam Tussauds, how do you ignore all of your skill to not make someone look waxy and fake?  

Bunch of fucking white supremest pill heads ….

When you realize the parallels between the MAGAs and the Nazis are almost perfect. Yep, the Nazi leadership was also pill-popping drug-addled dead-end losers who just happened to ride a wave of dissatisfaction and a xenophobic blame game to power.
Godwin’s law has been completely and totally repealed. These fuckheads are Nazis 2.0, and anyone who is not a white evangelical male who votes for them is like a fucking keep voting for the Nazis and saying “oh, that’s just bluster, they won’t ever come for ME, and besides, there ARE some bad elements out there we probably outta go after.” Words that would end up being extinguished and scattered like the ashes of the person who was dumb enough to utter them.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Just once I want him to be asked “why do you shit on everyone you hired when you were in office? Doesn’t that speak to having poor leadership skills in selecting people for positions?”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

They refused to give me a reason or any details about why they were kicking me out.

I was invited to this event, RSVP’ed, and had tickets to the event.

I saw my two former bosses Trevor Naglieri and Steve Stepanek then moments later was removed from the venue.

Trevor formerly worked for Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz but somehow he is in charge of the NH Trump campaign.

——

wow, good to see that Trump hires The Swamp.

————-

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

2 minutes ago, safe sex said:

So, will anything happen about Habba lying right to the court's face, or is there some ridiculous reasoning about how it's not actually worth it to punish proven liars because something something

Some dipshit will come along and lawsplain it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, safe sex said:

So, will anything happen about Habba lying right to the court's face, or is there some ridiculous reasoning about how it's not actually worth it to punish proven liars because something something

Serious answer.  How do you prove she wasn't "feeling feverish" at the time she represented that to the court?  Does the photo above conclusively prove that she was not feeling feverish hours, or a day, earlier?  She also told the court in the same breath that she had tested negative for Covid.**

Do we all rightly suspect that she was utterly full of shit?  Yes.  

But in the law, we mostly don't go by "rightly suspected."  Also, I'm not sure if anything was gained by Trumpco.

Also, what you fail to realize I guess is that judges see witnesses, and even attorneys, being disingenuous (read lying their asses off) all the time, unless it's pretty material to something, they take no action.  It's going to have to be a more bald-faced lie than that to receive sanctions.

ETAA:  Also note that, ala Arthur Engoron, a judge, especially a federal judge, is empowered to make his own credibility determinations in dressing down or sanctioning an attorney for misrepresentations or other bad behavior.  However, Kaplan, like Engoron, is being somewhat judicious about spanking Trump attorneys and that is a good thing for any appellate prospects.  Lord knows he has spanked her pretty good.

A juror fell ill on Monday (I believe), so Kaplan canceled court on Tuesday for that reason.  For unknown reasons, possibly the NH primary, possibly the ill juror, he canceled Wednesday, too, and maybe Thursday, as well, not sure.  I rather doubt Habba dabba do's assertion affected anything.  Especially because Kaplan probably gave it the credibility it deserved.

**ETA:  before this pecadillo arose, the reporting said that Kaplan had adjourned court because of the juror, before Habba said anything, as sort of an addendum and also asked that court be adjourned on Wednesday because of NH.  The current reporting differs a bit.  I don't know which is most accurate.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Habba saying it after the juror was declared sick is like when your coworker has the flu and you start coughing and complaining about your throat so you can stay home a few extra days 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

perfect strategy …

Seriously, why didn’t she do this?  It’s exactly what Trump would have done in her position.  It’s partially how he got the nomination in 2016.

51 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I do not care who it is, what the hat says, or what the context is. It could be a picture of the late Fred Rogers wearing a hat that says "Vince Young = GOAT". But wearing a ballcap with a suit will ALWAYS make you look like a cunt.

Fred Rogers in a suit wearing a VY=GOAT hat would be fucking awesome.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, safe sex said:

no because not doing anything will actually protect your rights when you are accused of rape, insurrection, defamation, and stealing top secret documents. 

31 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Serious answer.  How do you prove she wasn't "feeling feverish" at the time she represented that to the court?  Does the photo above conclusively prove that she was not feeling feverish hours, or a day, earlier?  She also told the court in the same breath that she had tested negative for Covid.**

Do we all rightly suspect that she was utterly full of shit?  Yes.  

But in the law, we mostly don't go by "rightly suspected."  Also, I'm not sure if anything was gained by Trumpco.

Also, what you fail to realize I guess is that judges see witnesses, and even attorneys, being disingenuous (read lying their asses off) all the time, unless it's pretty material to something, they take no action.  It's going to have to be a more bald-faced lie than that to receive sanctions.

ETAA:  Also note that, ala Arthur Engoron, a judge, especially a federal judge, is empowered to make his own credibility determinations in dressing down or sanctioning an attorney for misrepresentations or other bad behavior.  However, Kaplan, like Engoron, is being somewhat judicious about spanking Trump attorneys and that is a good thing for any appellate prospects.  Lord knows he has spanked her pretty good.

A juror fell ill on Monday (I believe), so Kaplan canceled court on Tuesday for that reason.  For unknown reasons, possibly the NH primary, possibly the ill juror, he canceled Wednesday, too, and maybe Thursday, as well, not sure.  I rather doubt Habba dabba do's assertion affected anything.  Especially because Kaplan probably gave it the credibility it deserved.

**ETA:  before this pecadillo arose, the reporting said that Kaplan had adjourned court because of the juror, before Habba said anything, as sort of an addendum and also asked that court be adjourned on Wednesday because of NH.  The current reporting differs a bit.  I don't know which is most accurate.

Maybe they fucking should. 

• Like 1