A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Also, re: money, money is not power.

If I may quote a comic bookstick figure lich, POWER ... is power.

Our society is somewhat egalitarian in that you can buy power with money, and anyone can potentially gain enough money to be able to buy quite a bit of power, but there are some very strict yet undefinable limits on how much power your money can buy. Even infinite money can't buy all the power.

Power is power.

What pisses off Trump is that he's believed all this time that money WAS power, and he's now finding out those limits. That's why he walks out of yet another court loss muttering "This isn't America!" Because he thought, in America, that money was power.

But money isn't power. Not even here. POWER is power.

Other countries have their own mechanisms. China's power, for 5 millennia, has been tied up in the bureaucracy; when Kublai Khan took over after his father "conquered," it was only by remaining subservient to the bureaucracy that he could reign. Repeat for every new conqueror, for every new revolutionary. Military might can get you most of the power, but not all.

And for all that time, if a Chinese person passed the civil service exam, no matter who you were, you became part of that bureaucracy, and from there you wielded power. Education could get you power, but not all the power.

Power is power. You can buy power with money, you can conquer power with armed forces, you can gain rank with education. But these are just effective but limited tools that hide the reality.

I mean, yeah...kinda.

Power is the end, the destination.  There are two key ways of getting to that destination: 1) money and 2) brute force.  Hey, and would you look at that, Trump is trying both.

Power is the destination.  You can get to that destination by walking, sure.  But it's a lot quicker to hop on a private jet and fly there direct.  That's how money is a proxy for power.  Those of us who have to walk to DC are not going to have the success as those who fly there on their G5.

Money is the shortcut to power.

It is also the shortcut to pussy.

Those facts are not coincidental. 

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, yeah...kinda.

Power is the end, the destination.  There are two key ways of getting to that destination: 1) money and 2) brute force.  Hey, and would you look at that, Trump is trying both.

Power is the destination.  You can get to that destination by walking, sure.  But it's a lot quicker to hop on a private jet and fly there direct.  That's how money is a proxy for power.  Those of us who have to walk to DC are not going to have the success as those who fly there on their G5.

Money is the shortcut to power.

It is also the shortcut to pussy.

Those facts are not coincidental. 

So, power equals pussy?

the hangover GIF

9 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

So, power equals pussy?

the hangover GIF

Bingo.  My wife still loves the adage of "There's no good reason women don't run the world: they have half the money and all the pussy."  And men are suckers for all of it.

• Hook 'Em 4

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There are two key ways of getting to that destination: 1) money and 2) brute force. 

This isn't just oversimplified; it's inaccurate.

That's the point of Xykon's little rant, there: Whatever you think is the way to get power isn't real if, say, a single dedicated DA and a non-corrupt judge out of New York can (and will) take all of it away from you with a little bit of evidence and the standard rules of the NY Court system.

That's what DJT himself doesn't seem to quite grasp... but he's getting an education.

Just now, Rimbo said:

This isn't just oversimplified; it's inaccurate.

That's the point of Xykon's little rant, there: Whatever you think is the way to get power isn't real if, say, a single dedicated DA and a non-corrupt judge out of New York can (and will) take all of it away from you with a little bit of evidence and the standard rules of the NY Court system.

That's what DJT himself doesn't seem to quite grasp... but he's getting an education.

Sort of. I think that this fraud actually did have a massive negative impact for someone at one of the many institutions in the web of financing

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Sort of. I think that this fraud actually did have a massive negative impact for someone at one of the many institutions in the web of financing

Of course it did. The point is... power that can be taken away, power that you're borrowing or renting, isn't real power.

Trump's power is all on loan, and the bills are due. Laetitia James et. al. have come to collect.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Of course it did. The point is... power that can be taken away, power that you're borrowing or renting, isn't real power.

Trump's power is all on loan, and the bills are due. Laetitia James et. al. have come to collect.

I think that is somewhat true and think it’s also true those with even more power are trying to prevent the irrevocable power of being dictator of the most powerful country on earth 

46 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My wife still loves the adage of "There's no good reason women don't run the world: they have half the money and all the pussy." 

And she’s a member of the clergy. That’s straight from the top, y’all.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

My biggest gripe is everyone knows dotard’s strategy is delay, delay, delay by any means necessary. That said, why did Garland wait two fucking years to get going on this shit?  I’m not saying he had to have the investigation, trial and sentencing wrapped up in six months, but how long after Jan 6 was it before Smith got appointed?

Smith's appointment did not signal the commencement of the investigation.  Smith was appointed when Trump announced his candidacy and created an apparent conflict of interest between him and the administration (prior to that, it was theoretical).  That is the ONLY reason Smith was appointed.  Special Counsel are not roving badasses.  They are appointed when there is a conflict of interest between the DOJ/Administration and the target of an investigation.

Smith, being appointed to do one thing, did focus the investigation, most assuredly, and freed it from the hierarchy and bureaucracy of the DOJ.   There are some innuendos that various factions in the DOJ didn't want to indict Trump and others were in disagreement about what crimes he committed and for what he should be indicted.  Smith bypassed a lot of that, and it's pretty clear that he is single-minded and tough.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Key takeaway (yes I clicked on fox dammit):

On Wednesday, House republicans derailed Speaker Mike Johnson’s effort to renew the legislation after former President Trump confused Section 702 with FISA Title 1, directing lawmakers to tank the bill on Truth Social. "KILL FISA, IT WAS ILLEGALLY USED AGAINST ME, AND MANY OTHERS. THEY SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN!!!" he wrote. 

Fucking lickspittles.

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yuge recovery this afternoon 

Yuge, but fleeting . . .  I guess someone came in strong for a moment around 3pm, but that vanished.  

image.thumb.png.d7499a748fab6b104ff72dd8884a5dd6.png

7 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Under 35. Going to be really difficult for bad actors to prop it up unless they just take it private.

I had an economics professor once who had been an advisor to the Czech government.  At one point their central bank started propping up their currency with the intent of making it "strong." (We had dimwits screeching about a strong dollar years ago and how Obama let it be "weak" with zero fucking clue what that actually means).  

Turns out that none other than George Soros (from nearby Hungary) had made a lot of his early fortune by currency speculating against artificially supported currencies.  Eventually the central banks that caught his eye ran out of the ability to keep buying and it led to a drop in value he could exploit.

5 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

DJT Stock.jpg

I’m assuming the election will make the price fluctuate like the aggy football season rollercoaster, but what’s a realistic value for the stock to hover at in the short term? Low teens? Mid twenties? Forbes said this:  SEC S4 filings make clear, that if the stock price remains above $17.50 for 20 out of 30 trading days, Mr Trump will receive an additional 36 million “earnout” or bonus shares.

I’m assuming the election will make the price fluctuate like the aggy football season rollercoaster, but what’s a realistic value for the stock to hover at in the short term? Low teens? Mid twenties? Forbes said this:  SEC S4 filings make clear, that if the stock price remains above $17.50 for 20 out of 30 trading days, Mr Trump will receive an additional 36 million “earnout” or bonus shares.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, achooloco said:

in other words, he always expected the stock would drop to high teens/low 20s, but neglected to tell all of his followers who bought it at 70

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

12 hours ago, achooloco said:

Where do those 36M shares come from? Are they currently held in reserve and exempt from trading or is the company going to have to buy a block and give them to him?

Anyone with skills want to modify the aggy roller coaster shamepaint with Trump's head on the aggy body?

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Where do those 36M shares come from? Are they currently held in reserve and exempt from trading or is the company going to have to buy a block and give them to him?

I'm assuming you meant 36 million shares, in that they eventually will be trading at around $1 per share.

Edited by dcbc

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

dilution would be my bet

• Hook 'Em 1

With all the false, but inside and widely spread, 'news' about the stock.  Does he want to add SEC violations to his already impressive court resume?  

I mean, there's nothing wrong with championing a stock you're duly bound to and saying to the effect of, "There's been a dip, but things are going to get better.  We have tremendous things in the works.  Jump on in."  And then there's what Trump is doing.  It's not over the line yet, but you know him...he'll put his toe there and see how he can push the envelope.  And by the idiom "push the envelope", I mean literally slide an empty envelope across the table to the Kingdom of Saudi to see if they can fill it with enough cash to off-set any calls or puts, depending on the day.  

Edited by YGIFS

20 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Garland seems to have no mission.  RFK came out of the gate against Vito Corleone.  Garland just likes it as a desk job, imo.

His glacial pace proves more disastrous each day that Trump delays.

Yet, it's the Senate that could have and should have convicted Trump in 2021. The only reason I believe they did was omertà. As a criminal organization, they protected a collegue perhaps in fear that there are things he could reveal. Maybe it was just plain fear of the cappo.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Yet, it's the Senate that could have and should have convicted Trump in 2021. The only reason I believe they did was omertà. As a criminal organization, they protected a collegue perhaps in fear that there are things he could reveal.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON!!

Some good news for Trump Social stockholders: whilst the short term prospects are bearish, things should be looking up in about 9 months (lower right corner):

image.thumb.png.1805f907e244e5e22e87bff06f3f50b2.png

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Also, Trump during impeachment: "This is a legal matter, not political!"

Magats: "Yeah!"

Now: "This is a political matter, not legal!"

Magats: "Yeah!"

a3ed4cb2-1cd4-41ec-a191-b1deea5827f5_tex

• Like 2
  • Haha 3