Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I haven’t seen the clip myself, so someone should fact check this, but I heard that Ian Boyd asked Ewers, at Big 12 Media Day yesterday, if he felt like Worthy quit on the team during games last season. 

If he did that, credit to him for asking a non-softball question, I guess. It’s just another example of guys that cover UT sports not actually giving one fuck about casting UT in a positive light, though. 

I’ve always assumed the IT poster base was better than the other $9.95er bases, but apparently posters there clamor for Ian Boyd content. It is a dark, dark commentary that Surly is the Internet oasis for decently intelligent longhorn fans. 

He asked " what do you find was the disconnect when you were trying to find Xavier Worthy" 9:40 mark at the end. Obviously someone didn't like the question.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, NoName said:

e: @Getafix beat me to it, including the screenshot

Hide contents

let me introduce you to Anthony Hines, who sought out offers:

image.thumb.png.012470a50762817ae3be4f2ce2c5aef9.png

Its a lot of offers, but I am always a fan of a recruit that has officially visited LSU, Ohio State, Texas, Georgia, and Florida. It's fair to assume when your official visits look like that, your offers are legit. 

Edited by Codaxx

2 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

i know we like to make fun of Ian, but there was nothing wrong with that question.     The way he phrased it wasn't really even a "gotcha" question, there are plenty of ways to answer that.    And hey, you want to get paid like a professional, well you sometimes get questions that aren't just "whats the best part about being in austin and running through zeta Tri-Delt sluts"

This man is the starting QB for the GD University of Texas.  Show some respect.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve always assumed the IT poster base was better than the other $9.95er bases, but apparently posters there clamor for Ian Boyd content. It is a dark, dark commentary that Surly is the Internet oasis for decently intelligent longhorn fans. 

i-am-a-meat-popsicle-bruce-willis.gif 

2 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

And hey, you want to get paid like a professional, well you sometimes get questions that aren't just "whats the best part about being in austin and running through zeta sluts"

Thetas or GTFO

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

More

F03CmIFWcBI-SPb?format=jpg&name=mediumF03Cm5JWcAoqOr6?format=jpg&name=medium

If I'm reading this correctly, Embody thinks we're running 4th, behind LSU, A&M, and OU? Seems like a massive disconnect between his info and our guys. I always expect there to be a little difference, but that seems too big to chalk up to "difference of opinion."

53 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Jabba the Ketch couldn't make it because of the weight restrictions at jerry world. 

Quinn probably doesn’t need to worry about running into Ketch unless he wonders too close to the deli counter at Walmart.  

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

i-am-a-meat-popsicle-bruce-willis.gif 

Thetas or GTFO

If I'm reading this correctly, Embody thinks we're running 4th, behind LSU, A&M, and OU? Seems like a massive disconnect between his info and our guys. I always expect there to be a little difference, but that seems too big to chalk up to "difference of opinion."

…..he also said that LSU really didn’t have the info that Texas has….so, really….he don’t know and is just blowing smoke.

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

How come it always seems like we’re in this if we get recruit a we can’t get recruit b or recruit b will not come?

....because recruits like playing in real games and playing in real games is harder if there's a bluechip in the same class as them that does what they do?

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

....because recruits like playing in real games and playing in real games is harder if there's a bluechip in the same class as them that does what they do?

So Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, A&M, Ohio State don’t take multiple people at same position? Especially at a rotational position like DT coupled with the PT we have expected for 2024

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, A&M, Ohio State don’t take multiple people at same position? Especially at a rotational position like DT

We take multiple people at the same position all the time as well. You just notice this phenomenon when it happens at Texas because it's the team you follow closely.

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I haven’t seen the clip myself, so someone should fact check this, but I heard that Ian Boyd asked Ewers, at Big 12 Media Day yesterday, if he felt like Worthy quit on the team during games last season. 

If he did that, credit to him for asking a non-softball question, I guess. It’s just another example of guys that cover UT sports not actually giving one fuck about casting UT in a positive light, though. 

Ian trolling OU fans is entertaining. They fucking hate him with a passion.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls