Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

4 minutes ago, pacman said:

lol at LSU ever limiting themselves to "straight up recruiting"

Must be something in those swamps giving them brain damage. 

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/lsu/2023/06/22/lsu-football-ncaa-vacated-wins-recruiting-vadal-alexander/70347349007/

It hasn't been even two months and those bayou yokels decide to play the victim card.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, GirlsLikeFootballToo said:

Girls who have kids and are gainfully employed read this board and donate too. 

Man my girlfriend is 37 yo has three kids and definitely doesn’t work so No doesn’t donate. I’m over 60 and a better looking version of CTJ which is not saying much. 

• Haha 3

Not to derail the thread, but as good of a play caller as Sark is as an OC, I’d rather he give up those duties to someone else on game day while he’s the head coach. 
Depending on how well the Jimbobby offense works, we could steal a sitting SEC coordinator corch from the sheep humpers!

Bobbysark offense has quite a ring to it, no?

The truth is this: Sark is one of the best offensive playcallers currently coaching right now. I'm willing to give it another year and see if the continuity among coordinators/assistants is enough to offset any game management issues that may arise from Sark doing two jobs on gameday. When your head coach is thinking about the next offensive series while his defense is on the field it requires the D-coordinator and position coaches to pretty much run that side of things, and I'll give Sark props for getting PK out of the booth and on the sidelines.

Year one was a weird deal where Sark hired the defensive position coaches before PK signed on...and Sark has acknowledged that. The defense meshed much better in year two (maybe because of Gare) and I expect even better this year...requiring less of Sark's attention in that area on gameday.

/Thread derail

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Knewk210 said:

Man my girlfriend is 37 yo has three kids and definitely doesn’t work so No doesn’t donate. I’m over 60 and a better looking version of CTJ which is not saying much. 

Did you work hard for the money that you are now giving to this 38 year old and her 3 kids?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Knewk210 said:

Weird flex 

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

RIP your inbox.

Fuckyeah.gif

9 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Orrrrrr…maybe he just doesn’t want muppets like you spoiling his announcement, Shea?

The best way to not have your announcement spoiled is to not have an announcement date announcement.  That’s the price to be paid for wanting the clicks and attention-everything is a trade off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I have to get used to the NIL era where we are no longer one of 8 teams paying recruits and Texas has been unshackled. 

It's gotta be rough having the only things of value in your state be a college football team you have to reallocate infrastructure funds to in order to keep it running, and one small district of a city that is quarantined off so tourists don't notice the rest of the city burning down.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Donations also make great gifts for your friends of rival schools. Donate in their name and make them use the tax receipt for the one fund when it’s time to file

That's a spectacular idea. I already give like $100 a month but it would be just too perfect to do another $20/month in the name of a particularly obnoxious aggy in-law

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

It's gotta be rough having the only things of value in your state be a college football team you have to reallocate infrastructure funds to in order to keep it running, and one small district of a city that is quarantined off so tourists don't notice the rest of the city burning down.

I am currently in Baton Rouge on business, there is no small district that isn’t burning down.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

What a bitch.

Also - Spiegelman just updated his RPM to Texas.

"It's not about straight up recruiting" coming from an LSU guy is very funny to me. Jai Eugene called Lloyd Carr after flipping from Michigan to LSU in 2007 and told him that he wanted to go to Michigan but that LSU offered his family too much money to pass up. It was reported in the Advocate (Baton Rouge paper). 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, ousux said:

Depending on how well the Jimbobby offense works, we could steal a sitting SEC coordinator corch from the sheep humpers!

Bobbysark offense has quite a ring to it, no?

The truth is this: Sark is one of the best offensive playcallers currently coaching right now. I'm willing to give it another year and see if the continuity among coordinators/assistants is enough to offset any game management issues that may arise from Sark doing two jobs on gameday. When your head coach is thinking about the next offensive series while his defense is on the field it requires the D-coordinator and position coaches to pretty much run that side of things, and I'll give Sark props for getting PK out of the booth and on the sidelines.

Year one was a weird deal where Sark hired the defensive position coaches before PK signed on...and Sark has acknowledged that. The defense meshed much better in year two (maybe because of Gare) and I expect even better this year...requiring less of Sark's attention in that area on gameday.

/Thread derail

That’s fair, and improvement in our offensive personnel will likely help as well. 

5 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

IMG_6134.gif

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls