Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It don’t make a shit. 

Well, I mean it does in the sense that there's not an infinite amount of money and it sounds like we had to make a larger counter-offer yesterday.

I'm curious if that's liable to make less available for Black, Mack, or whoever is left on the board.  Or does LSU now have more money available for McKinley. 

Regardless, it's satisfying to win one of these instead of lose it to LSU or Aggie and then we find out it was a relatively tolerable amount if paid through legitimate means. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

FWIW, adding Kobe Black on the calculator puts us 1 spot above the Ags in the class rankings…

That’s actually pretty crazy considering how much the ratings services have shit on our commits after they committed to us.

Damn near every player on our commit list dropped after committing to us and ,the opposite has happened for aggy, and we’re 1 player from passing them anyway.

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's not Ransom when all parties are willing participants, dipshit.

Every time Simmons said "Family" in his speech I heard "I'm setting up my family and taking care of my little brother." Big ole' Evil Texas for doing thsoe things....legally. They can get fucked, I'm sure they'll still have plenty of home grown players who stick around for nutria chitlins. But they are litterally on wire tap talking about cheating and got busted funelling money through a fucking hospital, and acting sanctimonious. They can get all the way fucked, stay fucked, and die of got fucked poisoning. 

Fuckin’ A…

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's not Ransom when all parties are willing participants, dipshit.

Every time Simmons said "Family" in his speech I heard "I'm setting up my family and taking care of my little brother." Big ole' Evil Texas for doing thsoe things....legally. They can get fucked, I'm sure they'll still have plenty of home grown players who stick around for nutria chitlins. But they are litterally on wire tap talking about cheating and got busted funelling money through a fucking hospital, and acting sanctimonious. They can get all the way fucked, stay fucked, and die of got fucked poisoning. 

GIF applause standing ovation - animated GIF on GIFER

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I assume they're bitching about NIL. You know, the fans of the team that just bought a baseball championship with NIL.

Wish we would buy us a baseball NC, but I feel better knowing that Augie built his like a mfing boss. 

But we definitely need to step up our baseball NIL or else LSU will be the equivalent of ou softball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Wasn't it just 48 hours ago you were on here telling everyone that it was 100% over and he was headed to LSU?

No. I literally said I had no idea where he was going and didn’t have special knowledge but it was trending LSU’s direction and people were right to be worried as at one point in time he was a silent here and then he wasn’t. 
People here have told you that we sweetened our offer in the past day- and we were having that discussion like 5 days ago. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls