Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Inside Texas dives into the latest from five-stars Ryan Wingo, Dominick McKinley, Terry Bussey, Tre Johnson, and more in the recruiting Humidor.

Ryan Wingo, WR, St. Louis (Mo.) St. Louis University

The On3 Industry Ranking five-star and Texas continue to connect multiple occasions per week. Steve Sarkisian and Chris Jackson are big in this recruitment and are making Wingo feel wanted and needed.

He’ll be in Austin for the Texas-Wyoming game on September 16th and will visit Tennessee on September 30th.

Wingo has said he’d prefer deciding in mid December, but too many indicators point at a decision in season.

Dominick McKinley, DL, Lafayette (La.) Acadiana 

The On3 Industry Ranking five-star began his 2023 season last night. 

The 6-foot-5, 300-pounder is set to announce on September 1st. He’ll chose between Texas, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M. Word coming out of Lafayette last night was that Texas and Texas A&M could have the best shot a week out from an announcement. McKinley really likes Larry Johnson at Ohio State, but the distance is a factor. 

Texas continues to have productive conversations with the Pelican State product. McKinley and his family have spoken with Steve Sarkisian and Bo Davis multiple time this week, whether via phone call or texts. 

Terry Bussey, ATH, Timpson (Texas) 

While On3’s No. 2 athlete in the class of 2024 still recovers from his off-season knee surgery, he’s looking at a number of visits before his announcement on September 28th. 

He’ll be at Oklahoma next weekend, then Tuscaloosa on September 9th for the Alabama-Texas game. That weekend looms large. 

Bussey tells Inside Texas he could be visiting Austin for the Texas-Wyoming game on September 16th, or he could be at LSU. 

The one school to watch is Texas A&M. He still hasn’t taken an official visit there, but we could see that happen in October. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RollingPresidential said:

Hide contents

Inside Texas dives into the latest from five-stars Ryan Wingo, Dominick McKinley, Terry Bussey, Tre Johnson, and more in the recruiting Humidor.

The On3 Industry Ranking five-star and Texas continue to connect multiple occasions per week. Steve Sarkisian and Chris Jackson are big in this recruitment and are making Wingo feel wanted and needed.

He’ll be in Austin for the Texas-Wyoming game on September 16th and will visit Tennessee on September 30th.

Wingo has said he’d prefer deciding in mid December, but too many indicators point at a decision in season.

The 6-foot-5, 300-pounder is set to announce on September 1st. He’ll chose between Texas, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M. Word coming out of Lafayette last night was that Texas and Texas A&M could have the best shot a week out from an announcement. McKinley really likes Larry Johnson at Ohio State, but the distance is a factor. 

Texas continues to have productive conversations with the Pelican State product. McKinley and his family have spoken with Steve Sarkisian and Bo Davis multiple time this week, whether via phone call or texts. 

While On3’s No. 2 athlete in the class of 2024 still recovers from his off-season knee surgery, he’s looking at a number of visits before his announcement on September 28th. 

He’ll be at Oklahoma next weekend, then Tuscaloosa on September 9th for the Alabama-Texas game. That weekend looms large. 

Bussey tells Inside Texas he could be visiting Austin for the Texas-Wyoming game on September 16th, or he could be at LSU. 

The one school to watch is Texas A&M. He still hasn’t taken an official visit there, but we could see that happen in October. 

Spoiler

Darkmode

• Hook 'Em 9

4 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

North of Beaumont.  It’s a real shithole.  That part of Texas has more in common with Louisiana.

Hometown of Mark Henry. 

I had a fraternity brother from Silsbee who was as country as they come. Drove a Pontiac Fiero. Damned if I didn’t just Google him and learn he got a Ph.D at MD Anderson and is a big deal in the biotech world. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I’m pretty sure Justin Tucker’s (who was Westlake’s kicker at the time) dad (a cardiologist) came out of the stands and used the defibrillator that shocked his heart back into rhythm.

Yes, and an anesthesiologist was there and secured the airway (via intubation I believe).

24 minutes ago, stork642 said:

If I’m a high school player and my heart stops on the field I’m hoping it’s at Westlake with a bunch of Drs in the stands as apposed to Gunspoint were there is just one extremely rich nurse. 

They don’t help players from opposing schools. You’d be waiting for ATCEMS like a peasant. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Hometown of Mark Henry. 

I had a fraternity brother from Silsbee who was as country as they come. Drove a Pontiac Fiero. Damned if I didn’t just Google him and learn he got a Ph.D at MD Anderson and is a big deal in the biotech world. 

I grew up in Lumberton. Wedged between Silsbee and Beaumont, and is basically where anyone who wanted to escape the disgusting aspects of the entire area has landed. Over $200/ft now and the only place I’d be ok with in the golden triangle aside from MAYBE Port Neches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I grew up in Lumberton. Wedged between Silsbee and Beaumont, and is basically where anyone who wanted to escape the disgusting aspects of the entire area has landed. Over $200/ft now and the only place I’d be ok with in the golden triangle aside from MAYBE Port Neches. 

I am from Call and went to high school in Kirbyville.  I loved growing up there.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Want know how we know that you’re White?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

I don’t mind Orangefield and Orange.

in fact, I don’t mind it so much that I’m building in Orange this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Anyone else know the Nader resuscitation details and want to flex that known information?

If only you were the one giving mouth to mouth, you both might have become big Surly stars. Of course, Wendy Peffercorn was the best.

2 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

Being born, raised and a former resident of a a county that touches Hardin County, I resemble this remark 

Tell me what you think about the chucklefucks that honeymoon and summer there.  Am I crazy? Half of my white trash redneck family has tried to escape that region of Texas.

Like go to Bend, Oregon.  That place doesn’t suck ass and you can get baked.

Edited by Fondren & Main

19 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Tell me what you think about the chucklefucks that honeymoon and summer there.  Am I crazy? Half of my white trash redneck family has tried to escape that region of Texas.

Those posters may not have been entirely on the level with those posts. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I would to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, or somewhere just over the border in Idaho if I could stand the winters. (Next choice would be Kallispell, MT)

I can’t.

• Hook 'Em 1

All of those piney woods schools were in our district growing up and Lumberton was as bad at football as you’d expect with those demographics.  

I also recall thinking that Lumberton and New Caney were okay but Kirbyville, Silsbee, Jasper, etc just had no good looking girls at all.  

3 hours ago, Rholl said:

just got back from Kalispell Mt area (actually even closer to Canada) but landowner told us the low for the winter was -47….. not enough fuck you’s to try and winter there!

It's a dry cold. But hey, so is a blast freezer.

Last time I was in Saskatchewan, I chipped a molar while trying to eat a granola bar I'd been "keeping warm" in my pocket. Nothing is all that pliable below 0° F, and that includes the human body. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@Thiefery thoughts on Kibble and 25' Dickinson OL, Thomas?

kibble is a really big kid.. but he didn't look as good as Thomas, run blocking.  As far as pass blocking Kibble did really well while Thomas not so well, but Thomas also has a weak LG lined up next to him... early in the season so there was communication issues.  The OL as a whole for Atascocita is much better than the DL Dickinson has.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MisterP said:

you mother fucking fucks take it to the fucking travel board so help me god

I'd far prefer to see travel pics to another goddamn cheese pun. 

Here, I'll help get back on topic.  Justin Wells, whatever you think of him, let slip during a video with Gerry and Sam Spiegelman today that McKinley will commit to Texas.  I don't know if it was inadvertent but neither Gerry nor Spiegelman corrected him. 

Another thing that was touched on that feels intuitively true but I hadn't heard someone speak out-loud yet is that NIL is changing the merits of getting a Malik or an Arch to act as a in class ringleader or create some momentum. 

Finally, they didn't say this (in fact, they said the opposite), but I keep wondering why supposed A&M partisan Terry Bussey hasn't committed and keeps visiting schools he's already seen before.  I don't think he's coming here (they indicated he's small town guy and that Austin's probably too big for him, plus what CTJ and others have said about where he sits in priority for UT) but maybe LSU or Bama. 

• Hook 'Em 7

35 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I'd far prefer to see travel pics to another goddamn cheese pun. 

Here, I'll help get back on topic.  Justin Wells, whatever you think of him, let slip during a video with Gerry and Sam Spiegelman today that McKinley will commit to Texas.  I don't know if it was inadvertent but neither Gerry nor Spiegelman corrected him. 

Another thing that was touched on that feels intuitively true but I hadn't heard someone speak out-loud yet is that NIL is changing the merits of getting a Malik or an Arch to act as a in class ringleader or create some momentum. 

Finally, they didn't say this (in fact, they said the opposite), but I keep wondering why supposed A&M partisan Terry Bussey hasn't committed and keeps visiting schools he's already seen before.  I don't think he's coming here (they indicated he's small town guy and that Austin's probably too big for him, plus what CTJ and others have said about where he sits in priority for UT) but maybe LSU or Bama. 

Arch may now be less important as a ring leader in recruiting, but any high school wide receiver who is worth a shit should consider coming here because of Arch and our offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/25/2023 at 3:26 PM, JesusSweatDuck said:

Was it a nurse? @GreenspointTexas

In all honesty, if you need your airway secured, Greenspoint-style nurses are doing intubation way more often than the docs. The best anesthesiologists can throw down, but your standard CRNA is almost certainly intubating more frequently than the average MD.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls