TE: Tim Brewster

OL: Kyle Flood

DC: Tosh Lupoi

DL: Bo Davis

CB: Corey Raymond

S: Jerry Gray

LB: Coleman Hutzler

Athletic Director: Bryan Carrington

We’re still going to lure Clint Hurtt back to the college game I can feel it.

6 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Clint Hurtt.

What he said

28 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The dream Surly Texas staff:

QB/OC: Greg Davis

RB: Ra’shaad Samples

WR: Tee Martin

I’m old enough to remember when Joe Wickline had the OL position on that list. Then we actually hired him. 

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 3

Some of y’all need to start “day drinking” earlier. Just assume you’re hearing the theme song to College Game Day in the background, so it’ll be OK to “pop a top” around 8:03 and assume it’s Saturday!

Hook’em!!!

All this talk about Dance Across Texas/Midnight Rodeo, were you guys in your 20s? For us who were in our 30s in the 90s, Dallas, and New West were the pussy palaces. Especially for late 20 to early 40s, rocky mountain jean wearing, usually divorced, one night stands. After New West shut down, then it was Ropers. 

• Hook 'Em 3

49 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don't see Clint Hurtt

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Message boards seem to think a lot more highly of Raymond than actual football people do.

He was so good recruiting Louisiana at Florida that Wardell Mack flipped to Texas 3 weeks ago. He signed 1 top 150 DB at Florida. The last good pass defense he coordinated was….2019?

Not trying to say the dude should be coaching at Akron but he ain’t God.

I assume you just recently followed recruiting?

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Would to finish the defensive class with Black, Filsaime, Ty Smith, and either Hibbler or Lindsey on the DL.

Smith isn't flipping.  He is celebrating the Elko hire and Gerry doesn't think Texas is pushing for Smith the same way they are for others (Filsaime, Lindsey, Hibbler).

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Smith isn't flipping.  He is celebrating the Elko hire and Gerry doesn't think Texas is pushing for Smith the same way they are for others (Filsaime, Lindsey, Hibbler).

Texas asking Smith to push his visit back was pretty curious. Ceded time and momentum back to aggy. I wonder if they have a portal LB in the bag. 

How’s Hibbler’s senior film? He appears to be a hotter recruit than Lindsey right now. 

7 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

All this talk about Dance Across Texas/Midnight Rodeo, were you guys in your 20s? For us who were in our 30s in the 90s, Dallas, and New West were the pussy palaces. Especially for late 20 to early 40s, rocky mountain jean wearing, usually divorced, one night stands. After New West shut down, then it was Ropers. 

Is this the place that used to be the "Back 40" in the same strip with the Food Land?

Huh? Am I having flash backs?

Florida is trying to flip Jerrick Gibson and D'Antre Robinson. 

Corey Bender of Gatorsonline reported that Jerrick Gibson is a possibility to make a return trip to Gainesville for an official visit on the weekend of Dec. 9. Napier and the Gators are putting together a big visit weekend for their top remaining targets (including the possibility of a handful of top flip candidates) in the 2024 class in December.

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

With our RB room I get it. Robinson, however, I do not get at all. 

If either of these guys flip to that shit show in Gainsville, I have to question their decision making moving forward. Napier is a deadman walking going into next season, where they will face one of the hardest schedules I have ever seen. 

10 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

If either of these guys flip to that shit show in Gainsville, I have to question their decision making moving forward. Napier is a deadman walking going into next season, where they will face one of the hardest schedules I have ever seen. 

no kidding, that's quite a schedule.

• home games vs Miami, A&M, UCF UGA, LSU, Ole Miss
  • away games at Tenn, FSU, Texas
  • OOC games are Samford, UCF and FSU.

image.png.886f57ed1a654436eb0f58f2f42319cd.png

4 hours ago, Victor R. Franko said:

Is this the place that used to be the "Back 40" in the same strip with the Food Land?

Huh? Am I having flash backs?

3 hours ago, Victor R. Franko said:

Could've been the "South 40", recollection of those times are fading, but they must have been good.

New West was off Anderson Ln and Mopac, Dallas was on North Lamar,  Ropers was on Wells Branch. South 40 was on Ben White.

Yes they were good, many a belt buckle shining would be happening every night out.