Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Jordan Johnson-Rubell plans to move to Austin after he graduates on the 14th and participate in bowl practices. Jerrick Gibson should likely be on same plan.
Can they actually suit out and be available for the bowl game? Not that it would be a good idea, (outside of Tceh style blowout) just curious.

34 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

This is correct. But now there are shoes called Natives that use a similar material and style without looking like it was dreamt up by a crackhead that work well for kids. And they don't fly off. 

If as a mature teen or adult you wear crocs or heydude shoes, you need to be pushed off a cliff before reproducing. 

I had to google hey dude shoes 

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 12/3/2023 at 7:41 PM, BurntOrange&White said:
Jordan Johnson-Rubell plans to move to Austin after he graduates on the 14th and participate in bowl practices. Jerrick Gibson should likely be on same plan.

Can they actually suit out and be available for the bowl game? Not that it would be a good idea, (outside of Tceh style blowout) just curious.

No but as an exercise it's interesting. Who would actually play? I'd imagine Simmons would get some snaps. Maybe one of the safeties. 

11 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 12/3/2023 at 7:41 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

247 is currently showing everyone in the class as an EE, so guessing that's broken.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2024-Football/Commits/

meanwhile on3 has a tag for EE and shows no one in the class as an EE

https://www.on3.com/college/texas-longhorns/football/2024/commits/

---

Gerry wrote an article yesterday that had the Christian Clark info in it and has more of a list it looks like:

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/the-final-word-is-in-texas-commit-christian-clark/

14 EEs

Trey Owens, QB, Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 417 (3-star)

Christian Clark, RB, Phoenix (Ariz.) Mountain Pointe #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 314 (4-star)

Jerrick Gibson, RB, Gainesville (Fla.) IMG Academy #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 82 (4-star)

Ryan Wingo, WR, Saint Louis (Mo.) University #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 27 (5-star)

Parker Livingstone, WR, Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 321 (4-star)

Jordan Washington, TE, Houston (Texas) Langham Creek #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 380 (4-star)

Brandon Baker, OT, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 24 (5-star)

Daniel Cruz, IOL, North Richland Hills (Texas) Richland #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 197 (4-star)

D’antre Robinson, DL, Orlando (Fla.) Jones #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 262 (4-star)

Alex January, DL, Duncanville (Texas) High #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 477 (3-star)

Colin Simmons, EDGE, Duncanville (Texas) High #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 9 (5-star)

Zina Umeozulu, EDGE, Allen (Texas) High #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 279 (4-star)

Jordon Johnson-Rubell, S, Fort Worth (Texas) IMG Academy #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 337 (4-star)

Wardell Mack, CB, Marrero (La.) John Ehret #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 107 (4-star)

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

No but as an exercise it's interesting. Who would actually play? I'd imagine Simmons would get some snaps. Maybe one of the safeties. 

no EE who has been practicing for like 14 days is going to get playing time unless it's a 77-0 style blowout, which it won't be.

Arrested Development No GIF

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I’m just guessing here but I would assume you have to actually be enrolled in school be be able to be on the team… 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kwood4408 said:

I don’t doubt it but it’s rarely below that here. The hoodie when it’s 105+ is insane to me.

A couple of things.

Your body is 98.6 °F, so putting on a thermal barrier of sorts will keep a body at rest near that temperature, for a short period of time.  As the hoodie warms to ambient temperature, the heat transfer to the body is faster from the hoodie than the heat transfer from the ambient air, so you will warm up quicker. If you are doing strenuous activity that accelerates the heart rate, raising the body temperature and causing  perspiration, the hoodie is no bueno. 

If you are in direct sun, any thing that covers your body is preferable to being exposed to the direct sun, unless you are working on your tan.

If you want to warm the house up, open the refrigerator door ...

A couple of things.
Your body is 98.6 °F, so putting on a thermal barrier of sorts will keep a body at rest near that temperature, for a short period of time.  As the hoodie warms to ambient temperature, the heat transfer to the body is faster from the hoodie than the heat transfer from the ambient air, so you will warm up quicker. If you are doing strenuous activity that accelerates the heart rate, raising the body temperature and causing  perspiration, the hoodie is no bueno. 
If you are in direct sun, any thing that covers your body is preferable to being exposed to the direct sun, unless you are working on your tan.

Thanks for the info? Have you seen a 13 yo boy stand still for more than 2 minutes? They aren’t wearing hoodies in the summer to protect their skin from the sun, it’s just a fad that some other idiot teens started now they all do it.

1 minute ago, kwood4408 said:

Thanks for the info? Have you seen a 13 yo boy stand still for more than 2 minutes? They aren’t wearing hoodies in the summer to protect their skin from the sun, it’s just a fad that some other idiot teens started now they all do it.

Maybe it will reduce the number of people with a skin cancer diagnosis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

This is correct. But now there are shoes called Natives that use a similar material and style without looking like it was dreamt up by a crackhead that work well for kids. And they don't fly off. 

If as a mature teen or adult you wear crocs or heydude shoes, you need to be pushed off a cliff before reproducing. 

Now you know good and dang well some idiots will be wearing these at tailgates next year

Crocs will soon sell cowboys boots with jewels and spurs

Croc On! Why You Need a Pair of Cowboy Boots From Crocs | by Abdelrahman  Ahmed | Medium

As for hey dudes....its basically just an update to the boat shoe.....I think they show dirt too easily but lots of people wear em.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Now you know good and dang well some idiots will be wearing these at tailgates next year

Croc On! Why You Need a Pair of Cowboy Boots From Crocs | by Abdelrahman  Ahmed | Medium

As for hey dudes....its basically just an update to the boat shoe.....I think they show dirt too easily but lots of people wear em.

Oh now WTF. This is a bridge too far. 

33 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Please tell me this is just an AI-generated "what if crocs made boots" image...

Seriously...wtf?

[edit] Nope, google shows me it's real.  Or at least has been coded into this shitty simulation we exist in...

Edited by morehornsepower

1 hour ago, PTINS said:

A couple of things.

Your body is 98.6 °F, so putting on a thermal barrier of sorts will keep a body at rest near that temperature (sic), for a short period of time.  As the hoodie warms to ambient temperature, the heat transfer to the body is faster from the hoodie than the heat transfer from the ambient air, so you will warm up quicker. If you are doing strenuous activity that accelerates the heart rate, raising the body temperature and causing  perspiration, the hoodie is no bueno. 

A few clarifications;

The hoodie (at least when dry) does function as a thermal barrier. The body is constantly generating heat. The body stays at the same temperature when the heat transfer rate is equal to the heat generation rate (basically). If the ambient temperature is such that heat is transferring out faster than the generation rate, the hoodie moves the system closer to equilibrium (temperature stability). If, however, the ambient temperature is such that the heat was not already transferring out faster than generated, the hoodie increases the rate at which the body heats up, starting right away. Water and perspiration can interact with the hoodie in at least two significant ways: (1) a soaking wet hoodie transfers heat away from the body-hoodie interface to the hoodie-air interface much faster than a dry one or the absence of one, typically; (2) The hoodie may be decrease the heat loss from perspiration evaporating by reducing bulk transport of perspiration and by setting up a thermal barrier between the site of the evaporation and the skin. The body has a few other tricks to help keep thermal equilibrium, but those have less to do with the hoodie.

TLDR: teenagers are almost as crazy as adults

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

A few clarifications;

The hoodie (at least when dry) does function as a thermal barrier. The body is constantly generating heat. The body stays at the same temperature when the heat transfer rate is equal to the heat generation rate (basically). If the ambient temperature is such that heat is transferring out faster than the generation rate, the hoodie moves the system closer to equilibrium (temperature stability). If, however, the ambient temperature is such that the heat was not already transferring out faster than generated, the hoodie increases the rate at which the body heats up, starting right away. Water and perspiration can interact with the hoodie in at least two significant ways: (1) a soaking wet hoodie transfers heat away from the body-hoodie interface to the hoodie-air interface much faster than a dry one or the absence of one, typically; (2) The hoodie may be decrease the heat loss from perspiration evaporating by reducing bulk transport of perspiration and by setting up a thermal barrier between the site of the evaporation and the skin. The body has a few other tricks to help keep thermal equilibrium, but those have less to do with the hoodie.

TLDR: teenagers are almost as crazy as adults

This is not a turn in the recruiting thread that I saw coming and there have been a lot of weird turns.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, MontereyMXmuthafucka said:

is there anyway to know who will stick around for practices and both bowl games and then find a new home? (will need to know where to ship the ring to)

This is the recruiting thread. Only talk about green beans and Crocs here (maybe some nice, not 100% asshole will help in the transfer thread). 

• Haha 6

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/story/clemson-early-enrollees-getting-great-experience-by-participating-in-bowl-prep-20976
EEs can now travel with the team and participate in bowl activities.
"The players can now do everything the elligible players can do except play in the game."
That answers it, thanks. Tossing in someone literally straight out of HS would be a bad idea anyway...and slap in the face of the 3rd and 4th stringers who have been with the team for a while.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, kilroydos said:

I wear these.  Get mistaken for the Hey Dude things all the time, but whatever.  Bought a pair at the beach a few years ago and I've bought two other pair since then.

Been wearing them since 2015.. first flip flops then i started buying the coast cushioned shoes.. I never seen a pair of hey dudes til I moved back to TX in '21.  Seemed like everyone in VA wore reefs

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Gerry he's heard from his IMG source that he expects Gibbs to sign with Texas and not to take another visit to Florida.

I knew Choice was good but I didnt think he could get someone to leave profootball. Great news

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, kwood4408 said:

No, I have not watched a 13 yo boy for 2 minutes, NTTAWWT