Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

40 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Do we have anyone this dedicated to the Ryan Williams sweepstakes?

image.thumb.png.5a398d299e177c61e95a6e029a0c89d0.png

One of two scenarios would need to work here. Either:

"I am going to command my wife to slob on a wealthy knob" 

OR

"She's doing it enough with guys I don't know, so I might as well get something out of it"

Alabama is a weird state. 

• Prepare your anus 1

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

an 89.45 is a 4*, so January would need to jump like 8-10 spots in the on3 state rankings to make it to a 4*

The decimal numbers are meaningless when it comes to stars. The cutoff for five-stars is the Top 32. The cutoff for four-stars is the Top 400. If January jumps 30 spots or more he'll be a four-star.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, satyanash said:

The decimal numbers are meaningless when it comes to stars. The cutoff for five-stars is the Top 32. The cutoff for four-stars is the Top 400. If January jumps 30 spots or more he'll be a four-star.

well damn, i thought there was more to it. cancel that then. thanks man

This thinking operates under the assumption Sark lost Hampton, rather than Sark declined to chase him further.
We have been told Texas will not chase a prospect who gets an unreasonable offer from another school. Perhaps for Sark, Hampton's ask surpassed his value to Texas, and he became of more value as a "make Bama waste resources" chess piece.

I think Golden’s transfer was the writing on the wall for Hampton.

Just now, ousux said:
1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:
Likely have two spots for the Feb. signing.
ATH - Bussey, Aaron Butler
DL - Foster, Evans, McKinley

Seems to me McKinley is looking for reasons to not sign with Texas, I wouldn't count on him. Makes no sense to me, but whatever.

This was true with him the first time around, too. 

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Was initially reported he would wait until NSD2. Now Biggins is saying later in the week. Hampton flipped so we want Butler?

When it was first reported we were in on Butler, Butler was quoted as saying that we wanted 2 more WRs. Since then obviously +Golden -Hampton so not sure what the considerations totally are

Just now, Post Oak said:

I just can't see Evans committing to us today. If he pushes it to Feb than I feel much better about it. 

I doubt they do it, but I would be tempted to take Evans and Foster if both wanted in.

Got that FOMO going on especially with a potential TyAnthony flip. 

Bussey/McKinley looking around as well. 

I believe he's also close to Miller who deflected. 

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

because i'm sure someone will ask.

image.png.6d6ee1bca49a38d7bd98ea4c7fdfed7a.png

an 89.45 is a 4*, so January would need to jump like 8-10 spots in the on3 state rankings to make it to a 4*

And we still have people crying about losing one guy….   Let’s enjoy what Sark is doing in recruiting, I think he’s got it under control.  It wasn’t long ago Herman was just chasing stars vs needs and culture fits.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Just wanted to drop by to congratulate you all and thank you for your good work this recruiting season. You've done a hell of a job. 

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our spirits in the tradition of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Anyone have the list of spring enrollees?

3/4 of the signing class basically. 

The following are the only ones who aren't. 

Melvin Hills III
Micheal Kern
Santana Wilson
Nate Kibble
Freddie Dubose JR - Nothing on 247 about being an EE but a poster here says he will be. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah you don’t get it. Sark is actively trying to push Saban out of the state for targets we want and that dumb ass is actively celebrating a loss there. Yeah Hampton isn’t the end all be all prospect butb that’s not potent

We got KJ Lacey out of his backyard if he sticks, so I think this swap is in our favor. If this is a dick measuring contest, then Saban is wearing a sissy chastity lock. 

• Hook 'Em 1