Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Are you guys talking about letting Dallas Turner just illegally cheap shot a QB and knock him out of the game? I’d like to see one of his opponents square up on his knee and bend it in backwards, thus ending his football career. If it happened on TV, I’d be howling. If I’m in person in Houston, I will be hooting and clapping as loud as I can. I’d hope he could hear my shrill cackling in the quiet of the stadium as they fit his deformed mess of a leg inside an air cast and loaded him onto a cart. 

My stars, this really made me clutch my pearls

Just now, nbmishoid said:

I have gotten used to CTJ’s style, even when he’s calling me a dumbass.  But Sark and crew have less background and may not appreciate what they are reading

I hope that our coaches are more focused on preparing for the Sugar Bowl than they are reading an anonymous message board user brother...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NoName said:

You know how many old guys I know who send Sark and Herman before him and Strong before him and Mack before him physical letters weekly during the season?

There are two I know of. But I can't imagine how many the coaches get sent to them. Texas has a lot of old dudes who think their voice matter way more than it does.

I can only imagine the scathing letters CTJ probably sends.

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

Sternly worded? 

1 hour ago, Nabad said:

Probably won't make it since it will be addressed to esteban

I know the guy. Not well, but if I wanted to give him my thoughts, I could. Fortunately for all of us, I am not a clueless imbecile and would never try to give a college HC advice, even if I thought he was an idiot. I don’t think Twelve Win Theven is an idiot. 

After an OU mauling, we once fedexed Mack a shoebox full of shredded Texas shirts that we’d literally torn off in fits of anger. He never sent anything back to us as an acknowledgment, oddly.

Also, some of you fuckers are for sure older than I am. Who writes letters?

1 hour ago, Jebus said:

My stars, this really made me clutch my pearls

This @CastHorn guy was hurt. He’s currently taking turns sobbing and praying in front of his shirtless framed photo of Dallas Turner, wishing me ill will for being a meanie. 

Edited by closetojumping
bizarre original reference to ou instead of texas shirts
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

After an OU mauling, we once fedexed Mack a shoebox full of shredded Texas shirts that we’d literally torn off in fits of anger. He never sent anything back to us as an acknowledgment, oddly.

If you did it after every OU mauling, the dude probably had no room left to store it all by the time he left Austin. 🤬😡 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I know the guy. Not well, but if I wanted to give him my thoughts, I could. Fortunately for all of us, I am not a clueless imbecile and would never try to give a college HC advice, even if I thought he was an idiot. I don’t think Twelve Win Theven is an idiot. 

Also, some of you fuckers are for sure older than I am. Who writes letters?

This @CastHorn guy was hurt. He’s currently taking turns sobbing and praying in front of his shirtless framed photo of Dallas Turner, wishing me ill will for being a meanie. 

After January 8th we gonna be able to call him seven win sark x2. 
next year he becomes 16 win Steve. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Are you guys talking about letting Dallas Turner just illegally cheap shot a QB and knock him out of the game? I’d like to see one of his opponents square up on his knee and bend it in backwards, thus ending his football career. If it happened on TV, I’d be howling. If I’m in person in Houston, I will be hooting and clapping as loud as I can. I’d hope he could hear my shrill cackling in the quiet of the stadium as they fit his deformed mess of a leg inside an air cast and loaded him onto a cart. 

JesusJohnny.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

So nine of the top 32 players in the country are wide receivers and only two are offensive linemen?

Seems legit.

I'd guess they're realizing how bad they are at evaluating offensive linemen and how easy it is for elite WRs to produce. You're less likely to be embarrassed by making a WR a 5 star than an offensive linemen.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, C-Man said:

And Evans didn't even "sign" today, right? He just said he's keeping his commitment to aggy and will sign in Feb? Lot can happen between now and then anyways.

Elko straight up beat Sark head to head for this guy.  No other way to spin it than as a massive blow to the Longhorns moving forward as we enter the gauntlet of the SEC.

image.png

• Haha 10
  • Fuck You 2

50 minutes ago, futureman said:

Elko straight up beat Sark head to head for this guy.  No other way to spin it than as a massive blow to the Longhorns moving forward as we enter the gauntlet of the SEC.

image.png

I had to double take at that little avatar next to aggies wire. It looks like a sheep at first glance.