The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I’ve told this story before but I interned and worked in the state Capitol in the lead up and during all of the 82nd legislature most of 2010 they mid 2011. Anybody could walk into the Capitol, no metal wand, no basic security measures, no nothing. Few months into being an intern some random guy walked up to the front of the Congress entrance, fired a few rounds into the air and waited to be arrested. Nothing changed immediately. Once the session began I was on the crack team of fearless messengers that did all your bs busybody work. I was in the state senate side and had a hate-hate relationship with Rick de Leon the sergeant at arms. Always had to fill up his ice chests whenever he decided to shoot some animal and throw it in the back of his truck on the way to work. One morning after finishing it I was waiting in his office and a Capitol deputy came in and asked me and his secretary if he was in but he wasn’t. Deputy said please get ahold of him immediately and he took out from his pocket a red handkerchief with some peashooter gun they found hidden in the Senate gallery. Could not have been bigger than my thumb to pinky. At the end of the day he called me into his office and asked I tell nobody (told everyone at HH). Came in next week and they finally put up the metal detectors at all entrances. 

Telling the story just to show a lot of basic measures weren’t even implemented until 10 years ago here in Austin.

I interned in the Texas House during the 2009 session. Agree with this. 

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

How incompetent are the people securing the capitol that they can't take down the trump 2020 flags dangling on our nation's capital instead of american flags. 

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Like what the fuck. It's been 8 hours. 

You know the answer to this.  It's not incompetence.

I really don't want my wife to be right on this but she says she has no faith Joe Biden will let the Justice Department go after Trump and the others for insurrection and inciting riots. Sadly, I agree with her. Biden will want to reconcile. Oh we can reconcile but after we have a reckoning with what happened today. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I really don't my wife to be right on this but she says she has no faith Joe Biden let the Justice Department go after Trump and the others for insurrection and inciting riots. Sadly, I agree with her. Biden will want to reconcile. Oh we can reconcile but after we have a reckoning with what happened today. 

We have to pressure the Dems.  It's on the populace.

• Hook 'Em 1

Is Mexico still using the Islas Maria for a prison? If not, we could maybe rent it, put all the Q folk on it, then they do whatever they want surrounded by their own kind. Maybe they know how to fish and grow food, maybe not. I say we have to give them a chance.

Just send them all to Mississippi.

19 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I don't see that limitation in the text of the Constitution. https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript

There is precedent for impeaching after an official has resigned at least.

Sec. of War Belknap back in 1876 resigned before the House voted to impeach him.  They did so, and he still had a trial in the Senate, even though he was out of office.  He was acquitted, but they still had the proceedings after voting that they had the jurisdiction to do so.

Edited by El Hornarino
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I can't wait until all you crying ass 18-29 year olds on this thread get older and realize that NOTHING IS EVER GOING TO FUCKING CHANGE! This political pitting each other again each other is the norm. Its been going on for as long as there has been politics. BOTH PARTIES ARE TWO SIDES OF THE SAME "FUCK ALL THE NORMAL PEOPLE" COIN!

• Fuck You 52

1 minute ago, Lou Sassle said:

I can't wait until all you crying ass 18-29 year olds on this thread get older and realize that NOTHING IS EVER GOING TO FUCKING CHANGE! This political pitting each other again each other is the norm. Its been going on for as long as there has been politics. BOTH PARTIES ARE TWO SIDES OF THE SAME "FUCK ALL THE NORMAL PEOPLE" COIN!

Fuck off

Just now, Lou Sassle said:

Perhaps, but at this moment in history the Republican Party is much more complicit in reprehensible behavior than the Democratic Party.

It won't be long.

If you’re going to troll, could you at least put a little effort into it?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, G650 said:

From people I know actually there, the Capitol Police were mostly just overmatched and scared out of their mind. One dude actually flung himself.at the door alone per Lisa Desjardins a few minutes ago desperately trying to keep them out.

The big failure was in their leadership not being ready, not most of the officers on the ground.

That's understandable. I know when I'm terrified the first thing I do is take a selfie with the thing that's scaring me out of my mind. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Lou Sassle said:

Polarization has actually increased in researched and measurable ways. Your statement is just factually wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Or we watched them literally storm and take possession of Congress. Tomato/tomahto 

Ah yes, that's so much better than literally burning cities to the ground as cnn calls it a "mostly peaceful protest". Both parties have their fucking whack jobs.

• Fuck You 27

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

That's understandable. I know when I'm terrified the first thing I do is take a selfie with the thing that's scaring me out of my mind. 

No shit.  I'm not buying that "oh, we were just all scared" bullshit.  Those fuckers were deferring to those seditious fucks.  There must be an investigation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Lou Sassle said:

Ok. A good topic of conversation when the Pols screw us, but today something else happened.

Just now, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

If you’re going to troll, could you at least put a little effort into it?

They're not sending their best

Ah yes, that's so much better than literally burning cities to the ground as cnn calls it a "mostly peaceful protest". Both parties have their fucking whack jobs.

Keep talking. We're on the clock. TTom is waiting for you. He's a hoot. You're gonna love him.

does it effect your actuarial rating if you've been raiding federal buildings during terroristic riots? 

Paul Davis:  "Well, that depends on the overall health of the potentially underwritten insured."

no dude, we're talking about.  How the fuck do you get to do shit like this and remain head of Goosehead INsurance?  

3 minutes ago, Lou Sassle said:

Burning cars and stores is not the same as storming the seat of democracy. Fuck off with your both sides bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2