Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

10 minutes ago, locodos said:

Your Honor, I feel I'm not being heard. It seems you don't quite understand the consequences of my actions are going to have a significant negative impact on my life. Honestly, sort of a big fail on your part.

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Your Honor, I feel I'm not being heard. It seems you don't quite understand the consequences of my actions are going to have a significant negative impact on my life. Honestly, sort of a big fail on your part.

Yup, and he is not even remorseful.

• Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

hang his ass from the yard arm. 

Do they still do that? If not, this would be the perfect time to bring the practice back. 

He's Navy, so they have to dust off the plank. Or perhaps the jet catapult?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, locodos said:

He's Navy, so they have to dust off the plank. Or perhaps the jet catapult?

10 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

We have reached peak saturation in our cultural media. Literally everything anybody posts can be followed up by a meme or clip from a movie or TV show. 

Why would you say that?

26626244.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

We have reached peak saturation in our cultural media. Literally everything anybody posts can be followed up by a meme or clip from a movie or TV show. 

It's the logical extension of the Simpsons did it! bit from South Park.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AnTiM said:

Mumble, mumble...something in an oath when joining the military about swearing to protect and defend...sentence should be doubled at the very least.

Court Marshall and dishonorable discharge.  No GI bill benefits, no medical, etc.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Fuck this...

UPDATE | Petty Officer First Class David Elizalde gets 30 days home detention — and chance to save his career in the Navy. "Not because it's my job to ensure he doesn't lose his job," Judge Nichols said, "but because he has served our nation honorably."

• Rage+1 3

39 minutes ago, locodos said:

Fuck this...

UPDATE | Petty Officer First Class David Elizalde gets 30 days home detention — and chance to save his career in the Navy. "Not because it's my job to ensure he doesn't lose his job," Judge Nichols said, "but because he has served our nation honorably."

I wonder what Lee Harvey Oswald's service record was like?

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That freedom fries bullshit should have tipped us off that the GOP was about to start its path to insanity.

I was teaching French at the time. One of my students suggested that we call it "Freedom Language."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Why don't we exile more people? Remove their citizenship status? Ban their SSN? Send like something that should happen to people convicted of "light" treason. Give them a time limit to exhaust all appeals/ leave the country, then tell them GTFO or choose from a list of countries well dump them off in.

To be honest with you, that might be worse than prison for most of these people. I know I'd be up shits creek.

I've often wondered why this wasn't done to Confederate leaders (I know, I know, white supremacy).

I was going to suggest we take the money it would cost to incarcerate them and pay off some shithole country to take them, but then it occurred to me that this would not be in line with our goal of making the owners of private prisons richer than God.

Edited by jimmyjazz

On 4/20/2024 at 11:07 AM, tchookem said:

I've often wondered why this wasn't done to Confederate leaders (I know, I know, white supremacy).

Most likely because people had big families, and it would cost another Union soldier for every Second-Try-Confederate they had to hunt down. Andrew Johnson offered amnesty (probably Lincoln would have done the same,) they accepted their pardons and swore oaths of loyalty, then ranged from Acting Right to Being Insanely Violent Dickheads in the following years.

Jeff Davis did a little time, but never got the trial he wanted so he could weasel out of a wee bit of treason. Feds were probably like "pound sand and eat your prison food, Mr. Imaginary President."

About those former Confederates who went to Mexico, Brazil, Central America, and who knows where else, I imagine they knew what happened to failed rebellions, and they didn't know that the hang-em-high faction up north wouldn't prevail. Also, there was a fair amount of war-criming depending on when and where they fought. It'd be just their luck to go back to Old Kentucky and run into some guys who Knew What You Did Last Summer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 9:57 PM, Brisketexan said:

I remember listening to J6 on the radio as it unfolded. As the reporters were relaying that they were trying to breach the doors of the chambers, I visibly remember yelling in the car “they have to shoot them! They have to shoot them NOW!”
I was fucking right. When J6 was over, they should have needed semis to remove the stacked corpses of the traitors. That’s how you solve this fucking problem. You kill them. On the spot.

Agreed. I would have had no problem if more of them had been shot. Since Ashley Babbit's husband claims she was shot for expressing her opinion, I say the security officer who shot her was also expressing his opinion.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

And now some of them want to run for office.

"The Deep State came to my home and ripped me away from my wife and my four children," said Evans, referring to conspiracy theories about the existence of a shadowy, anti-Trump administrative body that secretly exerts power over American society.

- Hunted or hunters? -

The home page of his campaign website leaves no doubt about his past, proudly proclaiming: "J6 Prisoner running for US Congress."

Evans vows that "when I take my seat in Congress, we will turn the tables and the hunters will become the hunted" -- language that seemingly echoes Trump's threat of "retribution" against political enemies if reelected.

They stormed the US Capitol in 2021 - now they want to serve there

ridiculous pendulum swinging.  all those ivies getting in trouble for 'allowing hate speech' on campus.  hartzell isn't smart enough to figure out how to not fall into that trap short of deploying stormtroopers.  just ridiculous.

we need bill powers.  he knew how to tell the vultures in the capitol to go fuck themselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Some of those Navy interpreters have very high security clearances.  Being able to understand a foreign language does not exclude you from being a nutjob.

• Hook 'Em 1