Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

9 hours ago, TTU13 said:

Nope. We were going to wait until Abbott said fuck it. So my wife and I found some “technicalities” to sign up.

I'd guess that better than 75% of the folks I know over 50 have one of the "comorbidities" that makes you 1B eligible -- weight, blood pressure, etc.  Once you get up in age at all, your chances of being 1B are pretty good.  I know other folks who got it when there were leftover shots that might have been wasted.  Between those two groups, you've got a lot of folks who aren't over 65 who can get a shot.

And yes, Abbott's free-for-all is creating even more impetus for anyone who has even an argument at being 1B to get a shot.

I'd guess that better than 75% of the folks I know over 50 have one of the "comorbidities" that makes you 1B eligible -- weight, blood pressure, etc.  Once you get up in age at all, your chances of being 1B are pretty good.  I know other folks who got it when there were leftover shots that might have been wasted.  Between those two groups, you've got a lot of folks who aren't over 65 who can get a shot.
And yes, Abbott's free-for-all is creating even more impetus for anyone who has even an argument at being 1B to get a shot.

I guess I got in on “leftover” shots. Houston Health opened injections to anyone on 2/9. Registration opened in the morning and was for injections that day only. I suppose they either had to get those injections done that day or had a surplus, infrastructure and manpower to vaccinate a bunch of folks and weren’t willing to waste it when folks could be getting vaccinated right then. The facility was massive and set up to vaccinate thousands but there was virtually no one there. For both appointments, time to entering the parking lot (never got out of the car) to injection was 2-5 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

indeed. I am 52 and i checked "high blood pressure" and entered my BMI and APH qualified me for the vaccine. After that it was just a matter of tenacity and repetition in trying to secure an appointment time - ie: refresh, refresh, refresh.

once you get the first dose, APH will automatically schedule you for the second. Didn't have to do a thing, they alerted me to my 2nd dose appt. 48 hours in advance. That was surprising well organized!

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This. I'm 51, and don't have anything that puts me solidly in group 1b, but I'm close in a lot of areas. Highish blood sugar, highish BMI, highish cholesterol, family history of heart disease, etc. Once Abbott turned Texas into Thunderdome, I got serious about getting it done. 

I found an appointment at a Walmart in Brady in about 10 minutes of searching. Go to the Walmart vaccine site, allow Walmart to use your location, go to settings and change distance to 100 miles. If you live in a large metro, it will pull up a lot of locations...they will all be booked but check anyway, you might get lucky. If you don't, find a smallish town an hour or so away and put their zip code and set distance to 100 miles. I live in Georgetown and used Llano as my second search and got a hit in Brady. They actually had 3-4 openings when I booked mine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This. I'm 51, and don't have anything that puts me solidly in group 1b, but I'm close in a lot of areas. Highish blood sugar, highish BMI, highish cholesterol, family history of heart disease, etc. Once Abbott turned Texas into Thunderdome, I got serious about getting it done. 
I found an appointment at a Walmart in Brady in about 10 minutes of searching. Go to the Walmart vaccine site, allow Walmart to use your location, go to settings and change distance to 100 miles. If you live in a large metro, it will pull up a lot of locations...they will all be booked but check anyway, you might get lucky. If you don't, find a smallish town an hour or so away and put their zip code and set distance to 100 miles. I live in Georgetown and used Llano as my second search and got a hit in Brady. They actually had 3-4 openings when I booked mine. 

This is exactly me...are you me? I get my shot tomorrow morning. Once the only protection for me being out in public was lifted, I said fuck it. I don’t feel bad for one second about getting my shot tomorrow. Everyone I know that wants to get the shot has either gotten it or is scheduled to. I don’t know a whole lot of people that are solidly in the 1A or 1B group, so nobody should feel guilty about getting the shot when they can.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just got my 1st round of Pfizer. It was kind of a clusterfuck at CVS. Their computer mixed me up with another guy that has the same name. After about 15 minutes of fail a different person decided to try and got it fixed in about 2 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Hate said:

This is exactly me...are you me? I get my shot tomorrow morning. Once the only protection for me being out in public was lifted, I said fuck it. I don’t feel bad for one second about getting my shot tomorrow. Everyone I know that wants to get the shot has either gotten it or is scheduled to. I don’t know a whole lot of people that are solidly in the 1A or 1B group, so nobody should feel guilty about getting the shot when they can.

This. If you "can't" get a shot, you just haven't gotten serious about trying. I spent maybe 45 minutes combined on the CVS, HEB, and Walmart websites and got an appointment. I'm also willing to drive 4 hrs round trip to get it done, which helps. 

I don't have one of the listed comorbidities for 1B, but Texas Department of HHS guidelines specifically state " . . . but not limited to:".   My lung doc said with my asthma I should get it, so I signed up as 1B.  No questions were asked.

And, fuck Greg Abbott.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

KR is packed this morning. Hundreds

of cars already 

WTF? My appointment was at 11.:50, but it looks like we will be here for hours.

Wish I had read your post earlier.... took us 30 minutes just to get inside the parking lot, and there are at least 20 lines of us cars parked in the east lot waiting to roll in to the checkin lines.

image.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

@Armybrat Stand up and wave! I am about 6 lanes from the stadium...waiting patiently. Much more of a cluster than my first shot.

We are about 6 lanes from the v1 lamppost 

a couple of gottdam idiots are stilling running their engines

2B311209-52FC-453E-B264-114E7A592EA3.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat

When she received her first dose in Sun City, the morning had been busy, but the afternoon was no line, no waiting.  Supposed to take mom over the Reeves this afternoon between 2:00 and 8:00 for her second shot.  Was planning on going around 3:00, but I'm thinking of heading over earlier.  

2 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

When she received her first dose in Sun City, the morning had been busy, but the afternoon was no line, no waiting.  Supposed to take mom over the Reeves this afternoon between 2:00 and 8:00 for her second shot.  Was planning on going around 3:00, but I'm thinking of heading over earlier.  

We have been here an hour and it looks like we might get up to the checkin by 3. You might reconsider.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wish I had read your post earlier.... took us 30 minutes just to get inside the parking lot, and there are at least 20 lines of us cars parked in the east lot waiting to roll in to the checkin lines.

image.thumb.jpg.d5075487a417a12812f9484e7d6fe262.jpg

Brat - is this the J&J one shot?

8 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Are they only allowing entry into Reeves from the north?

When we came in from the north (our line started around the corner on the west side of avery Ranch) We saw about a dozen cars come up Parmer from the south and were able to left turn in across Parmer right at the front entrance. We had already been in the line from the north for at least 15 minutes.

Edited by Armybrat

12 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

If you're gonna cut in front of me I shall shoot you.

j/k

I think you'll be shot and out of there before we get there - hoping so at least.

I'm going to do a drive by on the way to pick her up in order to scope it out.

Edited by Jerry Callo

When wife and I went to KR on Monday it took about an hour total from first turning in until turning out. It moves quickly but they are administering a LOT of shots and if someone is getting their first dose they have to confirm they have pre-registered. If you don't pre-register it adds another 30 minutes to your stay. 

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

image.jpg

And here I thought you’d be rolling in this

image.gif.eecd848c8e34dc6c315c91e9ed6ac667.gif

looks like they double booked KR today  
image.thumb.jpeg.5b0b562cfad5b47fde8fc82cbabba8bf.jpeg
Wilco and FHS are tripping over each other to come up with new ways to fuck this up.

I called FHS and told them about an email I received two days ago and a conflicting Twitter post I saw this morning - both saying to show up during an afternoon window to get shots. The guy I talked to said that was wrong and you had to have an appointment - it must have been false information spread on social media. Both the email and the Twitter post were from FHS.

Now we have an appointment for 4:00. I'm going to pick her up now, though.

Line was still wrapped around Avery Ranch Blvd with assholes trying to cut in along the way. Two shorter lines coming from the south, but no traffic control to get across.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Correct, Jerry.

Be sure mom/grandma goes to the bathroom before you leave.... and take a snack. There are some portapotties by the stadium.

We rolled out of KR at 2:11.

once we left the holding area parking lot to snake around to the checkin, the line moved steadily.

Edited by Armybrat

Drove to Gatesville today for my first dose appointment. No line...I was in and out in about 20 minutes (including the mandatory 15 min. waiting period). Like many others here have also echoed, I also was going to wait until Gov. Abbott decided to say fuck you to everybody.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

I'm about where you were 3 hours ago.

9b0be659af27f96c64136751cb52fdae.jpg

There are at least 8 or 10 lines on the other side of the V1 light pole. But once you get rolling it only takes a total of about 45 minutes to get to the checkin, get jabbed, and do the 15 minute wait before leaving.

We spent about an hour and a half sitting in the parking lot holding area before our line started moving around to the checkin lines.

Tip: After the injection and the volunteer directs you to a line for the 15 minute wait, you can actually cut over to a shorter one.

Edited by Armybrat

4 hours ago, Bruno Sardine said:

More than 24 hours since first Moderna dose. No side effects other than an extremely mild headache yesterday evening. Feel fine today. 

I think I might have had a side effect this morning, some 44 hours in.  I was slightly chilled and nauseous.  Went back to bed for an hour and all was well.  If that was a side effect, sign me up for more.  It was probably unrelated.

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't have one of the listed comorbidities for 1B, but Texas Department of HHS guidelines specifically state " . . . but not limited to:".   My lung doc said with my asthma I should get it, so I signed up as 1B.  No questions were asked.

And, fuck Greg Abbott.

A month or two ago, when I signed inlaws, myself and wife up, "asthma" was on the list that included COPD.  I noticed in the latest signups, the 1B description said only COPD.  Until I broke the frame on my mountain bike in July, and before the holidays, I was well under BMI 30, now I'm probably pushing it.  I'm close to having to take BP meds (I creep into the 130s at times, maybe whitecoat).  Probably a little closer with the BMI thing.