Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

And watching local news it seems only 80+ year olds are getting shots. Anybody saying they are flying here to get shots is either lying or being conned by someone selling them.

Hummmm. Maybe a part time biz (all “legal” of course) selling shots in Canada. 

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Should be okay. CDC guidance allows for six weeks. Three weeks was a date used in trials to allow them to finish quickly. Other vaccines have performed better with longer intervals barren doses - don’t know how that carries over to the mRNA shots, but we do know that the difference been three and six weeks isn’t a big deal beyond being that boost from 75-80 percent efficacy to 95.

Where are those numbers from? I was doing some research after my Pfizer one today and saw some numbers showing 45% with 75% being for hospitalizations. That seems like a good recipe for creating variants.

10 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Where are those numbers from? I was doing some research after my Pfizer one today and saw some numbers showing 45% with 75% being for hospitalizations. That seems like a good recipe for creating variants.

I've seen this number elsewhere for Moderna, but this is from the WHO website.

The Moderna vaccine has been shown to have an efficacy of approximately 92 per cent in protecting against COVID-19, starting 14 days after the first dose.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/the-moderna-covid-19-mrna-1273-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

• Hook 'Em 2

So, I had the 1st Moderna 2 weeks ago, minor soreness, no problem. Monday I started passing a kidney stone, uncomfortable, but I've had several before and this wasn't too bad. I did take the opportunity to use it as an excuse to stay home, so the anti-vaxxers on the shop floor were aware that I wasn't around. They are spreading the story that this is just my body rejecting the tracking chip. Proof that they shouldn't get the shot. We offered a day off with pay if they would go get it. Zero takers. Morons

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So, I had the 1st Moderna 2 weeks ago, minor soreness, no problem. Monday I started passing a kidney stone, uncomfortable, but I've had several before and this wasn't too bad. I did take the opportunity to use it as an excuse to stay home, so the anti-vaxxers on the shop floor were aware that I wasn't around. They are spreading the story that this is just my body rejecting the tracking chip. Proof that they shouldn't get the shot. We offered a day off with pay if they would go get it. Zero takers. Morons

You should take one of the passed stones and tell them you pissed the chip out but you still got the good part of the vaccine.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just for context purposes, I had the vid last February and it knocked me on my ass for three weeks.  Felt like a combo of cedar fever and the flu at the same time.  I got the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine Monday morning and no issues that day. Tuesday woke up with a sore arm thinking "no big deal".  Tuesday by 10:00 am I felt just like I did last February.  Wednesday, same.  Today, woke up feeling normal and deteriorated a bit throughout the day so far but nothing unmanageable.  They say if you had the vid the first shot sucks and the second is ok.  I hope they are right.  

Just got an e-mail from UTMB (Galveston County) asking me to schedule.  Getting first dose tomorrow at 2:25 in Clear Lake.  Not 1A, 1B, 1C or teacher.  Leftovers I guess?

I got mine in Collin County and didn’t get validated for eligibility. I think the take rate is low enough they don’t care. I was prepared to pull the obese card (using the shitty BMI standard) but nobody cared.

Is she hot?

Yes (no pics)

They are exactly the same. 

Good to know. But they are tracking who has had the shots (I got a little CDC card after the first one) so it would be hard to get round one again.

In the grand scheme of things it’s not a huge deal, but I was hoping to be double-vaxxed by Spring Break, and as mentioned before it doesn’t matter how much evidence my wife sees she’s convinced that we aren’t safe until two weeks after the second shot. I want to get back to my irresponsible lifestyle dammit!

lol holy shit I hope this is a joke

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

First shot done here in San Diego. Team Moderna.  Was able to make a same day appointment online this morning and go to one of the county super sites this afternoon.  Really smooth process.  Finally, being a fat kid pays off. 

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/most-padres-now-qualify-for-vaccination-under-san-diegos-expansive-guidelines

At least 34 of the players on the San Diego Padres’ 40-man roster now qualify for vaccination, including Manny Machado and 22-year-old star shortshop Fernando Tatis, Jr.

That’s because on Monday, San Diego County began offering vaccination appointments to individuals with a body mass index of 25 or above, the clinical definition of “overweight.” BMI is a measure of height and weight, and although it is widely used in the medical community, it can be thrown off by athletes with low body fat and high muscle mass.

Nearly 60 percent of San Diego County residents have a BMI of 25 or more.

Wife and I got the J&J last week. Received my follow up email from the NSA, CIA and other intel agencies and my chip is registered and running. I hope I'm followed to Disney with my granddaughter in the summer...

on a serious note. We had zero side effects.

• Hook 'Em 1

How is Pfizer 95% effective against all infections, but only 75% against severe ones?

Bc the efficacy is the percent your chances drop, not that you have for example a 5% chance of infections. So (using random numbers) could drop all infections from 1M to 50,000 (95% decrease) but only drop severe from 20,000 to 5,000 (75% decrease).
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Bc the efficacy is the percent your chances drop, not that you have for example a 5% chance of infections. So (using random numbers) could drop all infections from 1M to 50,000 (95% decrease) but only drop severe from 20,000 to 5,000 (75% decrease).

A gambling man who knows his probabllities.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

How is Pfizer 95% effective against all infections, but only 75% against severe ones?

Multiple patients in the 5% on active vaccine group tested positive AND ended up with a severe case.  In other words, the n for the severe case group is much, much smaller than the n for for the tested positive group.  Which is absolutely what was expected.

There are any number of reasons for the 75%, including the way the analysis groups were defined (according to the Statistical Analysis Plan), oddities or subtleties in the data, etc.  My guess is that this is some statistical related anomaly based on design. Qualitatively, in my opinion, I think the BioNTech vaccine is virtually the same as the Moderna vaccine.  There could have also been randomization errors, sample mishandling, or any number of mistakes made if it wasn't due to a stats related anomaly.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

1st shot done. Pfizer at UTMB at a park in Clear Lake. Well run. Was in and out in an hour or so, drive thru style. Go back in 3 weeks (4/8) for second dose at the same time, no follow up appointment required. Just go get back on line at the same time. Very smoothly run.

Arm still really sore, more than it is whenever I get a flu shot.  Still doing fine though.

5 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Getting J&J in a few hours in Burnet. I'm scared of needles.

I looked at the needle. It was like 2 inches longer than I thought it would be. I looked away and braced myself. I felt a very slight prick. I thought that was some preliminary deal and waited for the injection. She puts a band aid on and says "That's it". I am like "You did it already?".

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Atxracer said:

Just for context purposes, I had the vid last February and it knocked me on my ass for three weeks.  Felt like a combo of cedar fever and the flu at the same time.  I got the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine Monday morning and no issues that day. Tuesday woke up with a sore arm thinking "no big deal".  Tuesday by 10:00 am I felt just like I did last February.  Wednesday, same.  Today, woke up feeling normal and deteriorated a bit throughout the day so far but nothing unmanageable.  They say if you had the vid the first shot sucks and the second is ok.  I hope they are right.  

This is what I was wondering,  I was exposed twice (close contact with someone who had tested positive) back in November.  Both times tested negative, but then I developed a terrible cough and headaches for 3 weeks.  Tested negative again, Doc thought sinus infection, did 3 round of antibiotics, no help.  Had sinus xrays chest xrays showed nothing. Then the cough suddenly went away.  My first Moderna shot sucked, cold symptoms immediately, chills body aches fever at 24hrs felt drained for a week.  Got second shot Wednesday and no symptoms at all, just sore arm.  I was really concerned about getting the second after how bad the first one was.