Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

Got a text message yesterday from the VA to come and get it. Got there and they'd already run out. Oh well, got an appointment on the 31st and they'll have a shot there then with my name on it. I've been in isolation for over a year now so a little longer ain't gonna hurt. 

• Hook 'Em 3

i am almost a week past the first moderna poke that i am still completely confounded by how i received it being the ubermensch that i am.

injection site was sore for two days and i was a bit gassy the first day (could have been the taco deli) but other than that, no real noticeable effects.  assuming that pleasure comes after the second one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sidis said:

so you are one of those Argentinians, eh?  Ones with that skin complexion that decided South America was looking a bit nicer than northern Europe in the mid-1940's?

More like one of "those" Argentines like...

...one who went down for a couple of months in 2007 because it was still VERY cheap for an international big city with loads of late 19th/early 20th century Western European architecture. Then stayed for 8 months instead of two. Then decided to go back the following year for 12 to 18 months and was living down there when the financial crisis hit North America & Europe and everyone recommended that staying down in Argentina was better than returning to the States.

Then found that getting a work visa to work above the table in Argentina was more difficult than getting citizenship through a loophole discovered by a lawyer who was heavily involved in the tango community and was trying to figure out a legal way for some European friends to stay in the country longer.

Kind of one of THOSE kinds of Argentines.

There are DOZENS of us.

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

i just went there to exploit monetary and currency arbitrage opportunities and pillage the indigenous population of what little wealth they have which is as bad as being a nazi expat but they frankly deserved it because they are the most unfounded and inexplicably arrogant dipshits on the planet with a serious case of euro-envy and the shittiest soccer on-field behavior that any nation has ever seen outside of honduras and mexico.

my bad, i had bad intel. 

Edited by sidis
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

Was it Johnny Manziel?

No, it was definitely Tim Couch.  It had "Couch" on the back of the jersey.  I was shocked.  He's been out of the league for more than 15 years.  He did marry very well though. 

Former Playboy Bunny, Heather Kozar.

heather-kozar-56.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

26 minutes ago, sidis said:

i am almost a week past the first moderna poke that i am still completely confounded by how i received it being the ubermensch that i am.

injection site was sore for two days and i was a bit gassy the first day (could have been the taco deli) but other than that, no real noticeable effects.  assuming that pleasure comes after the second one.

speaking of gassy

• Hook 'Em 1

I am on day 28 from my first dose of Moderna and APH hasn’t reached out but I verified I’m in their system with the correct date. Supposedly, if I reach Day 42, I can just show up and get vaccinated but I really hope to get a confirmed appointment before then.

I got my first dose just before they closed down all the sites in Travis County for a week so I’d think my chances are good about getting dosed next week, but it doesn’t look like APH is getting large allotments from the state which bothers me.

My wife and I joined team Pfizer this morning. I’m a little disappointed that my 40 time hasn’t gotten any faster, but at least there haven’t been any negative side effects yet. It feels really good to see a path out of this for my family.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Austinvines said:

I am on day 28 from my first dose of Moderna and APH hasn’t reached out but I verified I’m in their system with the correct date. Supposedly, if I reach Day 42, I can just show up and get vaccinated but I really hope to get a confirmed appointment before then.

I got my first dose just before they closed down all the sites in Travis County for a week so I’d think my chances are good about getting dosed next week, but it doesn’t look like APH is getting large allotments from the state which bothers me.

I'm in the exact same boat (got Vaxxed at Delco on 2/11) but I'm not sweating it.

Here's a useful summary

Ev-6InvWQAMLHaJ?format=png&name=4096x409

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bonnieblue said:

Just got my second Moderna an hour ago and my arm is somehow already even more sore than round one. I’m thinking this may be brutal.

Arm was definitely more sore with second shot in relatively short time.  Expect some chills tonight.  Hit up a couple advil if they come and it will hopefully knock it down.  Felt like a really atrocious hangover.  

• Hook 'Em 2

My wife and I got the emails with our second shot appointment times today.  One week from tomorrow we'll get those, then Good Friday we're good to go.  I think my dad gets his second shot the same day.  If so, I am going to see him on the 3rd.  It's been too damn long.  I imagine my in-laws (already had their second shots) get a visit the following weekend.  It's been too damn long since we've seen them, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 hours since my 2nd Moderna jab. Only had a very slightly sore arm yesterday, but did have a few minutes of unsteadiness in the shower. Have not slept well the past two nights. No other side effects at all, if those could be considered as such.

Haven’t had any sex either, but that’s nothing new.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My girlfriend and I put ourselves on the Galveston County/UTMB waiting list when they opened it to everyone last week. Got a call yesterday (I’m 28 and not 1B so I can’t be very high priority) for an appointment and got my first Pfizer dose this morning. The 5G service is just phenomenal.

Girlfriend did not get a call and was a little jealous though, so I’ll be paying for this if she doesn’t get it soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

My girlfriend and I put ourselves on the Galveston County/UTMB waiting list when they opened it to everyone last week. Got a call yesterday (I’m 28 and not 1B so I can’t be very high priority) for an appointment and got my first Pfizer dose this morning. The 5G service is just phenomenal.

Girlfriend did not get a call and was a little jealous though, so I’ll be paying for this if she doesn’t get it soon.

Just tell her she can get the antibodies through your penis one load at a time.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I got my second Pfizer in January, wife got her second Moderna a couple weeks ago.

We're in Mexico this week, and I had a little anxiety about the pre-return test, but no issues.

Incidentally, a lot of people down here have had (or claim to have had) at least one injection, many of which I would not have expected based on my biases (as a bad person). I think lifting travel restrictions when vaccinated could be a valuable carrot when we try to boost numbers, like company bonuses.

It feels good to take steps toward the new normal.7d56fa9b96bd4a521dc578798f9e20fe.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2021 at 8:41 AM, Hanrahan said:

Now 46 hours out from Moderna number two and nada. Sore arm has resolved and so other side effects. Same for my wife.

I'm 26 hours out since 2nd shot.  Arm is much less sore than last night, and I just feel a little tired/sleepy.  No fever.

1 hour ago, Damor said:

I got my second Pfizer in January, wife got her second Moderna a couple weeks ago.

We're in Mexico this week, and I had a little anxiety about the pre-return test, but no issues.

Incidentally, a lot of people down here have had (or claim to have had) at least one injection, many of which I would not have expected based on my biases (as a bad person). I think lifting travel restrictions when vaccinated could be a valuable carrot when we try to boost numbers, like company bonuses.

It feels good to take steps toward the new normal.7d56fa9b96bd4a521dc578798f9e20fe.jpg

Okay, dumb question.  What are those?  Is there anticipation of an amphibious assault?

• Like 1

Got first Moderna shot this morning. So far so good except I’m pretty sure it gave me diarrhea. The work shitter has taken a beating from me this afternoon. No shart thread though, I’m smarter than that.

Shitting at work is an under the radar victim of the pandemic

For those of you having just gotten your second shot, I'm aggregating similar stories from all of you about how you felt right after and for the first day.  But how long did the serious shit last with some of you?  24 hours?  36 hours?  72 hours?  I moved mine to Friday afternoon based on what a lot of y'all have said.  Just hoping I can get back to work that next Monday...about 60 hours later.  

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

For those of you having just gotten your second shot, I'm aggregating similar stories from all of you about how you felt right after and for the first day.  But how long did the serious shit last with some of you?  24 hours?  36 hours?  72 hours?  I moved mine to Friday afternoon based on what a lot of y'all have said.  Just hoping I can get back to work that next Monday...about 60 hours later.  

Man fuck that, take your shot on a Wednesday, recover for weekend.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/11/2021 at 1:39 PM, El Diablo said:

Got a text message yesterday from the VA to come and get it. Got there and they'd already run out. Oh well, got an appointment on the 31st and they'll have a shot there then with my name on it. I've been in isolation for over a year now so a little longer ain't gonna hurt. 

Notsureifserious.gif  Username does not check out.

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Mine, and most everyone I’ve talked to personally lasted less than a full day, but it took probably 12 hours to start feeling that way. If you got it done Friday you’d be good to go by Monday would be my guess.

but as @gmr548 said, feel good for the weekend, fuck work. Get it done mid-week.

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

13 hours after is when it started for me. The nasty stuff only lasted 3 or 4 hours. After that just tired and muscle aches 

Okay, dumb question.  What are those?  Is there anticipation of an amphibious assault?
Decreasing beach erosion. The concrete is also a convenient place to encase the severed heads of missionaries, cartel families, and American tourists.

I love coming down here, but the beaches are not the selling point.

We're flying Southwest back today. Interested to see what kind of a shitshow it is with testing documentation.
  • Like 1

I called a lot of the places listed on the Texas website 8 weeks ago to see if I could get on backup lists. DeliverIt pharmacy here is Clear Lake told me to go ahead and sign up on their webpage. Well they finally emailed me Thursday and said the had slots open to sign up for. They actually had a lot of openings.  I signed up for one that day, but apparently it was a mistake to have had them opened up same day, and they couldn’t (rightfully, obviously) open a 10 pack that would go bad just for me. They said come back tomorrow (Friday) and said I could bring my wife. We were both in and out in 15 minutes with Moderna shot 1.

Shot was at 3, arm started getting sore by 5ish.  Very sore around 1 AM, but it’s 9 now and back down to the pain level it was at  last night.  

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

How long did arm soreness last for you assholes?

Got my first Moderna shot friday morning and arm is still sore as hell 24+ hours later.

Got mine on a Wednesday and it was sore as hell until Saturday morning, then all the pain went away in an instant. 

3 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Moderna #1 a couple weeks ago. Arm didn’t get sore until three days later...and itched like a bug bite. That went away @ 12 hours later.

I’m going opposite arm on the next shot.

My mom had a similar reaction to the Moderna. Her arm got red and itchy. Her doc told her to put a warm compress on it and it cleared it right up. 

Edited by Deej

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

I felt horrible but was still able to make it through a full day of work yesterday, and I was completely fine when I woke up this morning. If you can take off work, I would recommend it, but I had some closings to handle, so wasn’t really an option for me.

Two days (Pfizer).
Then my dick grew three inches and is now close to normal size.
Pfizer also. 1st shot sore night of shot but better in the morning. Second shot not bad at all, arm was a little sore but didn't even need Tylenol. Dick grew 4 inches so now i have 5 inches and my 40 time is amazing.

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm about 48 hours from 2nd Moderna shot.  Arm soreness within 4 hours, not as bad as 1st shot.  Subsided over the next 24 hours.

No fever, chills, aches, nothing really.  Just felt tired / sleepy at about 24 hours post.  Went to bed early last night, slept fine.  No issues today, arm soreness almost gone.

6 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

I'm about 48 hours from 2nd Moderna shot.  Arm soreness within 4 hours, not as bad as 1st shot.  Subsided over the next 24 hours.

No fever, chills, aches, nothing really.  Just felt tired / sleepy at about 24 hours post.  Went to bed early last night, slept fine.  No issues today, arm soreness almost gone.

Pretty much my experience as well. Had a weird ass dream the second night though.