Curb Your Enthusiasm: Best scenes, scenarios

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I seriously thought Richard Lewis died. I was confused and a little scared to see him in the trailer.

Maybe thinking of Funkhouser who did a couple of years ago? 

Funkhouser looked dead the entire time he was on the series, but he was funny as hell.  I'll miss that guy not being in this season at all.

Bob Einstein has got to be on the Mount Rushmore of greatest straight man actor ever.  The range of his body language is about from here to the edge of my desk, but with that and one singular monotone voice...he created a wonderful array of hilarious characters and played elegantly off a thousand other comedic actors.  Even his actual smile was fucking hilarious because of how awkward it looked even though it was often genuine.   

On Richard Lewis---we've talked about this before.  Without Funkhouser, I think Lewis is needed on the show because he's really the only male character/friend that calls Larry on his behavior/bullshit.  Suzy and Cheryl do it, but there has to be scenes where it's just Larry and friends, no women.  So Lewis is needed to call Larry to task.  Jeff and Leon won't do it.  There's some other friends of his and tertiary characters that do it, but nobody that's an old and trusted friend of Larry. 

It is strange that on a show known for its heavy improv and cast chemistry, that it's Richard Lewis and Larry David's scenes together that have the most "off" rhythm somehow, considering how long they've known one another.  10 mORE DAYS!

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Maybe thinking of Funkhouser who did a couple of years ago? 

Funkhouser looked dead the entire time he was on the series, but he was funny as hell.  I'll miss that guy not being in this season at all.

P.S Your cunt is in the sink.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Can't wait....to communicate with the wife about weird things her friends do I say "see that's a larry david situation".  And then she gets it.   Happened last week with an awkward social setting where someone broke a social rule...not a real rule, but just a common sense unwritten rule.  "Larry would have tore her up.."

Tear that ass up Larry.  Get way up in there.  Spraypaint some shit, throw down your wrappers and old newspapers down, and then get out but you leave that ass open so they know you been there.  

2 hours ago, yoladu said:

pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty OK.

i am a bit worried that the whole extortion/actress/daughter storyline is going to fall flat all season.

but, yeah, still must watch sunday night tv.

I got the impression that Larry knew they would can the show if he insisted on her casting. They may circle back, and I may be wrong,  but I took it to mean he knew they’d lose the show but he kept his promise.  All he had to do was cast her. He told the dude the show could get cancelled. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/25/2021 at 7:50 AM, MrBig said:

I’m surprised Larry didn’t grab some club soda after spilling that wine. They did a whole episode about that before. 

Right?! How does nobody in the Curb world address a wine stain emergency?

I was internally yelling for someone to spring into action like an audience at a horror movie yelling, "don't go in that room!" 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/25/2021 at 10:06 AM, kevwun said:

I liked it.  The Albert Brooks funeral was good stuff.

Same. That was great watching AB get aggravated at Larry's roasting him instead of eulogizing him. Hamm was funny too.

I get such a kick out of Larry getting into these painful situations with his famous friends and they basically hate each other in one scene and the next they're hanging out like LD and AB at the symphony during the closing credits.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Right?! How does nobody in the Curb world address a wine stain emergency?

I was internally yelling for someone to spring into action like an audience at a horror movie yelling, "don't go in that room!" 

Exactly! There’s no way Larry would be preoccupied with Susie plopping while that stain was setting in. Larry should have had a “wine stain club soda protocol” and then yelled at Susie for plopping while he was desperately scrubbing the couch.

I would have liked for Larry to be offered tonic or seltzer and have him refuse it because he stands by the superiority of club soda for stains while also arguing with Susie about the plopping. Something in that vein of Larry assholeness for the scene. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, I hope the extortionist’s daughter plot doesn’t last very long.  That actress may be good at playing a bad actor, but she’s not very funny while doing it.

Jon Hamm has been deprogrammed from being Larry David, Jr.  That makes me sad.  I was hoping that would be his persona on the show.

They didn’t call back the table salt and club soda for the spill, but I think this was the third or fourth time Larry has talked about being a limo driver for a blind lady and never washing the car.  So, that must have been a true story, which is outstanding. 

Extortionist also played the hotel customer service guy at that Mexico wedding where LD took the yo-yo.  When he bitched about being charged for the chocolate stain on the chair after he confessed.  By far one of my favorite episodes lol.

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

Same. That was great watching AB get aggravated at Larry's roasting him instead of eulogizing him. Hamm was funny too.

I get such a kick out of Larry getting into these painful situations with his famous friends and they basically hate each other in one scene and the next they're hanging out like LD and AB at the symphony during the closing credits.

Hamm yelling “a shonda” at AB after Larry found the Covid hoarding closet was great. Hamm has good comedic chops and delivery.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:32 PM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I quite enjoyed Leon’s story about the pigeons and the ones that fly into a window or building being ostracized and flying behind the rest of the flock.  

That shit killed me. I actually laughed out loud on that one. 

11 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Garlin and Brooks are voice twins. They sound exactly alike. 

That's funny you say that.  My teenage daughter (no pics) was in the kitchen when I was watching the show.  I asked her if she recognized Brooks' voice - her response was the dad from the Goldbergs.  I was looking for Nemo's dad.

On 1/19/2020 at 12:36 AM, washparkhorn said:

As a fan of Seinfeld, I love this "two worlds colliding" scene - Larry talking with "George" Jason Alexander. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-dQCa2p9Q

We own that office building.  Jason did have his office here for about 5 years.  I am typing this from there right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1