Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

You know, our national stress levels would likely go down 15% if we all drove those cars. 

Cheaper, makes you less aggressive, no more big pickups on your ass

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

[edit] Come to think of it, it’s probably because my family moved every 3-4 year, so we bought only what we needed or really cherished. 

Responding to my own post.

The only things I would take with me if/when we move are old photos (I really need to get them digitized), my Telecaster, some precious metals and important documents. Most of what I buy these days are consumables and not durable goods. I've thought about getting a personal vehicle (I have a company car), but the thought of insurance and maintenance stop me from getting a mid-life crisis car.

I purge on a regular basis, donating or selling stuff on FB Marketplace. I tell my kids to fill up a box every 2 months of things they don't play with and either trash or give those away. I should really get rid of my digital SLR since my phone takes better photos anyway... I'll do that after my current work crunch.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."  - Neil McCauley

"Imagine for a second that you're carrying a backpack. I want you to feel the straps on your shoulders. Feel 'em? Now I want you to pack it with all the stuff that you have in your life. You start with the little things. The things on shelves and in drawers, the knick-knacks, the collectibles. Feel the weight as that adds up. Then you start adding larger stuff, clothes, table-top appliances, lamps, linens, your TV. The backpack should be getting pretty heavy now. And you go bigger. Your couch, bed, your kitchen table. Stuff it all in there. Your car, get it in there. Your home, whether it's a studio apartment or a two bedroom house. I want you to stuff it all into that backpack. Now try to walk. It's kind of hard, isn't it? " - Ryan Bingham

Edited by Superhero
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Superhero said:

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."  - Neil McCauley

"Imagine for a second that you're carrying a backpack. I want you to feel the straps on your shoulders. Feel 'em? Now I want you to pack it with all the stuff that you have in your life. You start with the little things. The things on shelves and in drawers, the knick-knacks, the collectibles. Feel the weight as that adds up. Then you start adding larger stuff, clothes, table-top appliances, lamps, linens, your TV. The backpack should be getting pretty heavy now. And you go bigger. Your couch, bed, your kitchen table. Stuff it all in there. Your car, get it in there. Your home, whether it's a studio apartment or a two bedroom house. I want you to stuff it all into that backpack. Now try to walk. It's kind of hard, isn't it? " - Ryan Bingham

image.thumb.jpeg.f32bc764aa5f6c04e6734976baa60ebf.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

I don't like being around that many people on land. No way I'd ever confine myself with that many people on the ocean. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

That would be like being locked in the old Highland Mall for a week with thousands of people.

No thanks.......

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

What is it with you people who feel it is necessary to swing your vehicle into the lane to your left when initiating a right turn (or vise-versa)? You are driving a damn Yukon, not piloting a fucking ocean liner! JFC!

And, while I'm here: When/why did it become a thing to drive with your hazards on during a rainstorm?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Thought using hazards has became useful during downpours and such, at least in my experiences. 

Yeah, if visibility is really bad, why isn't that a good idea? Especially if slowing down well below the official speed limit as it has become so hard to see.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

What is it with you people who feel it is necessary to swing your vehicle into the lane to your left when initiating a right turn (or vise-versa)? You are driving a damn Yukon, not piloting a fucking ocean liner! JFC!

And, while I'm here: When/why did it become a thing to drive with your hazards on during a rainstorm?

Muh racing line tho

4-5.jpg

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope. Just turn on your lights. That’s all you need for visibility.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/should-you-turn-your-hazard-lights-on-when-driving-in-the-rain/

Are you broken down? Are you in distress? No? How am I to tell? Because those are the things that your hazards signify.

This.

C'mon people, don't add to this stupidity. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2023 at 8:49 AM, Not that Bob said:

I think a case could be made that these are the three most beautiful women in the history of ever. Striking, to me, is that Sophia Lauren is so far superior to the other two. The other two are world class. Sophia is out of this world.

Slut DeCarlo has no business in the conversation. 

On 11/22/2023 at 11:39 AM, YGIFS said:

In law Thanksgiving pushed to Friday before UT game.  Cool with me.  So the plan to eat light tonight is scrapped.  They bought NY strips and asked me grill them.  So here we go.  

gotta cook nine of them well done+ with no char marks and no juice running of any kind.  While trying to parallel grill mine to medium rare and pull them all at the same time so they don’t see what I’ve done.  Just seeing a red/pink steak; they’ll think I did them all like that.  

I’m no Aaron Franklin but ain’t no fucking Doug Henning either.  

WITELF?(What in the ever loving fuck?) Kill em all.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 11:39 AM, YGIFS said:

In law Thanksgiving pushed to Friday before UT game.  Cool with me.  So the plan to eat light tonight is scrapped.  They bought NY strips and asked me grill them.  So here we go.  

gotta cook nine of them well done+ with no char marks and no juice running of any kind.  While trying to parallel grill mine to medium rare and pull them all at the same time so they don’t see what I’ve done.  Just seeing a red/pink steak; they’ll think I did them all like that.  

I’m no Aaron Franklin but ain’t no fucking Doug Henning either.  

WITELF?(What in the ever loving fuck?) Kill em all.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pantone159 said:

Yeah, if visibility is really bad, why isn't that a good idea? Especially if slowing down well below the official speed limit as it has become so hard to see.

I'll also see truckers use them when going up steep hill and are well under speed limit to warn drivers coming up on them.  While I wouldn't necessarily drive with them on constantly I've used them to alert people behind me of an upcoming slow down they likely can't see yet. Every little bit helps when you have people going 85MPH+ and suddenly coming up to near stopped traffic.

In rain though... ehh.. maybe if going well under conditions, otherwsie no...temp use only

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I wonder if the fact that popular animated movies have A-list voice actors is a matter of supply seeking demand. 

Super Mario Bros: anya taylor, chris pratt, etc

Unless one is specifically listening for it, and/or the voice is distinctively (eg Shrek), I wouldnt know who the actors are, and their name recognition isnt a selling point for the audience (kids) anyway. 

Half of why A-list are A-list are for their physical appearances and expressions. If you simply need someone to read lines effectively, couldnt you find 4x the candidates doing it for 1/4th as cheap?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The boy is home from school. He and a buddy were busting their asses all day fixing his old go kart, got it running.
So I come home, and 1) smell weed on the back porch, 2) there’s a carton of donuts on the counter, and 3) Hot Pockets in the microwave. Yep. The boy is definitely home.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/4/2024 at 7:24 PM, Steel Shank said:

What's the story on eating a taco/sub sandwich on one end, and then deciding (for whatever reason) to start eating on the other end?

I know I do it.

As a matter of fact, did it the other night at your momma's house.

On tacos, I do it if it’s an overstuffed taco and the stuff is coming out the other side. Take a bite on that side so as not to have the stuff spill out and make a bigger mess than tacos already are. 

What's the fascination with rooftop tents (on your SUV / truck)?

Do people think critters are going to attack them if the tent is on the ground? I get the thing about living in Central Texas & it can be a hassle setting a stake in Caliche or Limestone, however this is a national trend here.

37 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Do people think critters are going to attack them if the tent is on the ground? I get the thing about living in Central Texas & it can be a hassle setting a stake in Caliche or Limestone, however this is a national trend here.

Sibling has one. I think its the convenience of pitching it and the sleeping surface is always flat. 

weird to me the idea of sleeping atop a car tho…

• Like 1

On tacos, I do it if it’s an overstuffed taco and the stuff is coming out the other side. Take a bite on that side so as not to have the stuff spill out and make a bigger mess than tacos already are. 
That's why you put a blank tortilla on the plate, to catch all of the runoff...
☆presto☆
2nd Taco.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, ROFL BOX said:

That's why you put a blank tortilla on the plate, to catch all of the runoff...
☆presto☆
2nd Taco.

This.....  especially if corn tortillas. Or forget about the plate. That is what the second (or third) tortillas are for.

• Like 1

Nice ones are over a grand and it sucks if you need to go somewhere after you’ve set up camp and have to take it back down.

On 6/16/2023 at 2:17 PM, HRSchenker said:

Friend of mine got murdered in November of 2020. They caught the guy in January of 2021 but he's been locked up in the county jail since then. Haven't heard anything about a trial 

Still locked up. No trial date or any sort of hearing scheduled. 

The mow and blow guys are working across the street from my house right now... when it just rained, it's cloudy, overcast, soaked, and the grass hasn't grown for about a month now.

On 1/6/2024 at 11:08 PM, BearSchlong said:

The last time I posted stuff about him, it showed up on his google alerts, so I’ll be vague. Almost had a heart attack when he called me by my username.

“The Suspicious Death of Megan Parra” is the episode title.

5 years for killing his wife? That would be a death sentence if he killed my daughter. I'd meet him the second he stepped out of prison.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1