Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

22 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I don’t know if my amazon delivery lady was hitting on me but she just asked me if I knew of any stores where she could take her break at.  Like you’re driving around.  Wouldn’t you know?

She wanted to come in at best, and for you to have coffee with her, at worst. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I don’t know if my amazon delivery lady was hitting on me but she just asked me if I knew of any stores where she could take her break at.  Like you’re driving around.  Wouldn’t you know?

She was asking for you to deliver your package.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 11/27/2022 at 1:54 PM, Underdog said:

The 'that didn't go as planned' post, left the clips for xmas lights on our gutters from last year thinking all I had to do was just snap in the lights this year...  But no, motherfuckers broke apart and now I have run and find another set of clips.  

I had a "string of lights" in a tree once and squirrels stole all the bulbs.  Found a pile of them on a branch.

• Haha 4

how do you break into the toddler book business? 
because goddamn they dont seem to need any writing or creativity at all.  just get some completely random idea, contract some pakistani kids on fiverr.com to do the illustration, publish, and then sit on the beach and collect the royalty fees

A friend just illustrated a kid’s book that her coworker wrote. The author self published it, she paid to print 500 copies initially that are sold locally at Book People and on Amazon. I would think if it sells quickly, you have a strong case to take to a publisher or maybe just print a second batch yourself.

4 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Not often, but maybe once a year or so a fanny pack would be handy as hell.

They’re back in style, or so I’ve been told by some Gen Z people. 
My former SF, current paramedic/firefighter SIL uses his to carry his emergency supplies, which include a 9mm. 

19 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

A friend just illustrated a kid’s book that her coworker wrote. The author self published it, she paid to print 500 copies initially that are sold locally at Book People and on Amazon. I would think if it sells quickly, you have a strong case to take to a publisher or maybe just print a second batch yourself.

I could do a shitty watercolor illustration of all the FBS mascots and that would probably sell well with all the dads

If theres no licensing issues, of course

8 hours ago, nnm said:

They’re back in style, or so I’ve been told by some Gen Z people. 
My former SF, current paramedic/firefighter SIL uses his to carry his emergency supplies, which include a 9mm. 

They’re back, but worn cross body now
image.thumb.jpeg.db3f26f4a3d318ada06464273963a39c.jpeg

Huge fan actually 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 12:43 PM, 52-80 said:

how do you break into the toddler book business? 

because goddamn they dont seem to need any writing or creativity at all.  just get some completely random idea, contract some pakistani kids on fiverr.com to do the illustration, publish, and then sit on the beach and collect the royalty fees

@RamjetFDO to the courtesy phone.

On 11/7/2022 at 11:06 PM, burntorangebongos said:

Fuck your two hours shit that would fuck up my morning sleep. I don't give a fuck about light in the evening. I'm not a farmer. Daylight savings was always bullshit and it needs to die and be heaped in the dustbin of history as the fucked-up policy It always was. 

Of course you don't care about light in the evening. That's when you're inside cooking dinner and doing laundry. Us manly men are outside, doing hard stuff with our muscles. You wouldn't understand because you have boobs.

Also, you do realize that it would be dark in the morning for even longer, right? Unless your morning sleep requires sunlight, I think you'd be fine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/12/2022 at 10:17 PM, Js1 said:

They’re back, but worn cross body now
image.thumb.jpeg.db3f26f4a3d318ada06464273963a39c.jpeg

Huge fan actually 

I used on when I was on vacation in London last week. It was the greatest, I fucking loved it. I'd say 60% of men over there were wearing one too. I was so sad when I came back home and I'm too embarrassed to use one now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I used on when I was on vacation in London last week. It was the greatest, I fucking loved it. I'd say 60% of men over there were wearing one too. I was so sad when I came back home and I'm too embarrassed to use one now. 

Lol same. Used it in Paris and Copenhagen 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Be the change you want to see. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

I’m sure I speak for a few of us, and not the crop dusting part, but I bet it would have been JT type of fun hanging with you 20 years ago. Maybe 40 years ago. Not sure of your real age.

Split the difference.  30 years ago would have been just a couple of years before I met my ex.  I spent a lot of time in the club where I met her.  I also met Charlie Sheen there once, and quite a few of the Astros were regulars. Playboy did a spread on Houston strip clubs that featured a couple of dancers I knew very well.  That was also back when strip clubs still had their golf tournaments.  Fun times.

Split the difference.  30 years ago would have been just a couple of years before I met my ex.  I spent a lot of time in the club where I met her.  I also met Charlie Sheen there once, and quite a few of the Astros were regulars. Playboy did a spread on Houston strip clubs that featured a couple of dancers I knew very well.  That was also back when strip clubs still had their golf tournaments.  Fun times.

I’m only a few years your junior. Those tourneys in my industry were about the same in the early 90s.

Ford Nuevo Laredo was a blast once a year back in the day. Probably from 99-2003ish. Airgas was the distributor. They would have a vendor only party, hang out on the USA side until about 11 then boys town.

Then, take the ford safety team to boys town and feed them whores. Miller Lites were a dollar back then. I specifically remember buying them whores and going back in the rooms to bang them, and asking my local customers how in TF am I going to expense this. They told me my business CC would show up as a gas charge since the owner had a few Pemex gas stations.

Good times.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Spring forward Fall back. That means driving home from work is typically dusk or for me dark.

The amount of retards on my 32 mile drive home in the evening consist of brain dead idiots who either drive with their lights off or on high beams. I honestly see at least 5 a day, and that doesn’t include the tards camping in the left lane on a 75 mph divided highway.

And yes I will post about this again probably in the next 6 months.