Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

So this is apparently a thing for the lazy who work out of their house: A mouse jiggler. You place your mouse on it, and it moves it randomly so that your screensaver doesnt come on to give you the appearance of working while you are out doing other things.

https://www.amazon.com/Undetectable-Mover-Parts-Software-Automatically/dp/B08GPGZ4Z6/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3QFL75TBSYNSG&keywords=mouse+jiggler+mover&qid=1671201245&s=electronics&sprefix=%2Celectronics%2C102&sr=1-3

Almost 9,000 reviews so they are selling the shit out of them.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

So this is apparently a thing for the lazy who work out of their house: A mouse jiggler. You place your mouse on it, and it moves it randomly so that your screensaver doesnt come on to give you the appearance of working while you are out doing other things.
https://www.amazon.com/Undetectable-Mover-Parts-Software-Automatically/dp/B08GPGZ4Z6/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3QFL75TBSYNSG&keywords=mouse+jiggler+mover&qid=1671201245&s=electronics&sprefix=%2Celectronics%2C102&sr=1-3

Is it still 1997? LCD and LED screens don’t have image burn issues. Just turn off the auto sleep or whatever!

25 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Start a PowerPoint presentation.  Your screensaver won't come on.

17 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Is it still 1997? LCD and LED screens don’t have image burn issues. Just turn off the auto sleep or whatever!

That isnt what is was designed for.  It is made to simulate that you are working.  And some F500 companies wont even allow you to adjust time/date or even install a local printer because they are on super lockdown. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/15/2022 at 2:22 AM, 52-80 said:

Finally got around to making my wife a list of all the financial accounts and insurance policies that i have an interest in, just in case…

So if i suddenly stop posting soon, youll know why

I actually do update mine once a year. But I don't give it to my wife. She would loose it anyway. I print it off and keep a copy at work and a copy in my friends gun safe. 

I got a $10,000 raise today. It came after bitching to management (by me and many others) that the 5% raise they gave us in June was rather fucking insulting. 

I'm probably still underpaid for my position, but for an extra $20-$30K per year, I'd have to sit in traffic for 4 hours everyday. I'll stay with my lower salary and enjoy my 7.5 mile commute.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 12/10/2022 at 5:40 PM, closetohumping said:

I don’t know if my amazon delivery lady was hitting on me but she just asked me if I knew of any stores where she could take her break at.  Like you’re driving around.  Wouldn’t you know?

I actually have an outdoor-accessable "pool bathroom" and I make all the delivery folks aware that it's there if they need it.  I should install a camera

On 12/14/2022 at 7:40 PM, Superhero said:

I thought Readers Digest was dead, but apparently it's alive an well at www.rd.com

Oh, how I've missed "Laughter is the best medicine"

On 12/14/2022 at 8:25 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I still have a VIP membership at the St. James that I bought back in the day.  It was a lifetime membership and last time I checked, which has been a couple of years, it still got me upstairs.

I had one at my  local titter, and they were kind enough to store them (by request) in a little file box at the reception booth, so married guys wouldn't have to possess them.   Walk in; "Hi, I'm Gil Bang, I'm in the box".

1 minute ago, Superhero said:

I got a $10,000 raise today. It came after bitching to management (by me and many others) that the 5% raise they gave us in June was rather fucking insulting. 

I'm probably still underpaid for my position, but for an extra $20-$30K per year, I'd have to sit in traffic for 4 hours everyday. I'll stay with my lower salary and enjoy my 7.5 mile commute.

Oh boy.  I used to commute from Oceanside to Main/Jamboree.   It was miserable, and that was 25 years ago. 

On 12/16/2022 at 9:04 AM, markstanco said:

That isnt what is was designed for.  It is made to simulate that you are working.  And some F500 companies wont even allow you to adjust time/date or even install a local printer because they are on super lockdown. 

I used to have a Chrome extension for this. Keep Me Awake or something like that. You could set it for specific sites/tabs, and you’d never get logged out for inactivity. 

We went to Universal Studios yesterday. The park is split into 2 lots - the upper and lower lot. In between, they have the "Starway", which is a series of 4 escalators with accompanying stairs on the side.

What's pretty uh... cool (?) is that they have numbers on the stairs to let you know how many you've walked.

I didn't notice the numbers when I started on the first short flight of 43 (?) steps. But being the person I am, had to finish the job.

I think it's pretty cool how those numbers motivated me to do something I would never have thought about doing.

• Hook 'Em 1

I might or might not have spent some time at the St. James back then when I worked in that area in the early 90s. Allegedly.

Despite the fact that I am a total perv, the only strip clube I have ver been to was St. James. I was working for Royce Homes (the owners were pieces of shot that screwed over a lot people). I went there twice because coworkers insisted. I will say I was impressed by a blonde dance to Jimi and afterwards she sat on my lap. But I am totally missing the point because indent pay for sex. That’s just me, not hiding y’all (too hard).

Despite the fact that I am a total perv, the only strip clube I have ver been to was St. James. I was working for Royce Homes (the owners were pieces of shot that screwed over a lot people). I went there twice because coworkers insisted. I will say I was impressed by a blonde dance to Jimi and afterwards she sat on my lap. But I am totally missing the point because indent pay for sex. That’s just me, not hiding y’all (too hard).

Dude, you having a stroke? 911 Amigo, 911!!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I must be blessed with weather-impervious hobbit feet. 

Wife freaks out when she sees me in sandals in the winter. Friends during skiing complain about their feet freezing and such. Fellow bicyclists always going on about wearing overshoes and toe covers and winter booties and such. 

But I dont think once in my life have my feet ever felt cold. 

The issue is your status going yellow on Teams if your mouse doesn’t move for 5 minutes.

I have had a similar mouse mover for at least 5 years. My job takes about 10 hours a week. Before getting the mouse mover, I was tied to my desk for 40 hours. Now, I do whatever. Having Teams is also a game changer since our phone calling and messaging is exclusively through Teams. I can answer questions wherever I am.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

The issue is your status going yellow on Teams if your mouse doesn’t move for 5 minutes.

I have had a similar mouse mover for at least 5 years. My job takes about 10 hours a week. Before getting the mouse mover, I was tied to my desk for 40 hours. Now, I do whatever. Having Teams is also a game changer since our phone calling and messaging is exclusively through Teams. I can answer questions wherever I am.

68fa39b267c372249ae78893d41e27b7.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I used on when I was on vacation in London last week. It was the greatest, I fucking loved it. I'd say 60% of men over there were wearing one too. I was so sad when I came back home and I'm too embarrassed to use one now. 
Neighbor has one that he carries his gun in. So you can shoot someone if they make fun of you.
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
On 12/14/2022 at 3:00 PM, Sandman said:
I used on when I was on vacation in London last week. It was the greatest, I fucking loved it. I'd say 60% of men over there were wearing one too. I was so sad when I came back home and I'm too embarrassed to use one now. 

Neighbor has one that he carries his gun in. So you can shoot someone if they make fun of you.

Do tell, but haven’t worn it around my waist in 25 years. Have carried the strap over my shoulder like a “man purse” once in a while when walking around between car & hotels. The OWB holster under a jacket is more convenient, but have never done that option.

F60CE4EC-B358-458A-BE02-C901ACB5734F.jpeg

70B82292-63E7-4A6F-B536-5966CDEEF114.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fighter jets will never not be cool. My kid heard Danger Zone and loves it, so I showed him the video with all the cuts from Top Gun. Gives me goosebumps to see afterburners light up and jets take off from a carrier.

On 12/19/2022 at 4:56 PM, 52-80 said:

I must be blessed with weather-impervious hobbit feet. 

Wife freaks out when she sees me in sandals in the winter. Friends during skiing complain about their feet freezing and such. Fellow bicyclists always going on about wearing overshoes and toe covers and winter booties and such. 

But I dont think once in my life have my feet ever felt cold. 

Sign Language Diabetes GIF by Sign with Robert

• Haha 1