Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Are you in SoCal?    I can’t sit in lines like that twice a day.  I’d hurt some parents at some point.   Lucky win for me as it wasn’t a must have initially

Austin.

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

School fight songs are stupid and I’ve never heard a good one in my life (that includes EoT). Do you regularly listen to any other music from the early 1900s? 

I mentioned this in the HS fight song thread. Clyde HS has (had?) Wild Irish Rose as their fight/school song. I don't know what the words were but when we went to games out there I always felt like we should sway and sing WIR in a drunken slur.

School fight songs are stupid and I’ve never heard a good one in my life (that includes EoT). Do you regularly listen to any other music from the early 1900s? 

College fight songs are part of the atmosphere and a great way to bring the students and alumni together. Now NFL fight songs and the douche nozzles that sing them are a completely different story!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Are you in SoCal?    I can’t sit in lines like that twice a day.  I’d hurt some parents at some point.   Lucky win for me as it wasn’t a must have initially

We live right smack dab between an elementary and middle school. About a 5 minute walk in either direction.

My wife drove the kids to school today…

• Rage+1 1

I am not superstitious in general but I have an irrational fear of changing flights. I was able to get on a flight home  on standby that leaves 4 hours earlier than my original flight, so I’m pretty sure this one will crash. Going to clear out my chrome history across devices prior to takeoff 

24 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I am not superstitious in general but I have an irrational fear of changing flights. I was able to get on a flight home  on standby that leaves 4 hours earlier than my original flight, so I’m pretty sure this one will crash. Going to clear out my chrome history across devices prior to takeoff 

RIP. Been nice knowin’ ya.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Why bother? Your Surly post history seems to be undeletable. 

So, went on a ski trip with 4 other families.  Here are my thoughts:

*Skiing is awesome, even as an old

*We rented a house with 2 other families, one still hasn't paid me.  Annoyed, but not angry.

*Love networkign, making friends, but do I have to like everyone?  Also, some kids, you can just see will be aggy when they grow up, it hurts.

*caravaning?  The whole group wants to caravan.  Me not so much.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

So, went on a ski trip with 4 other families.  Here are my thoughts:

*Skiing is awesome, even as an old

*We rented a house with 2 other families, one still hasn't paid me.  Annoyed, but not angry.

*Love networkign, making friends, but do I have to like everyone?  Also, some kids, you can just see will be aggy when they grow up, it hurts.

*caravaning?  The whole group wants to caravan.  Me not so much.

Trip is over and still hasn't paid? Nah, that's some bullshit. 

But then again, I'm like Hank Hill. I likely would have looked up the total cost before you told me and sent my share plus a little extra for taking the lead on booking it.

6 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Trip is over and still hasn't paid? Nah, that's some bullshit. 

But then again, I'm like Hank Hill. I likely would have looked up the total cost before you told me and sent my share plus a little extra for taking the lead on booking it.

That's the way I operate too.  I don't count other people's money, but I assume that most of the people I live around are fairly well off.  

Of course, I've been reading this self help book so I'm pretty chill about it.  Old me would've gone off and made things worse, but with kids and family and shit, I'm pretty patient.  

Unrelated to the above, I'm not huge on the multi-family housing thing.  Sometimes you need your own space but of course with a large group it's great because it becomes the party house.

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

That's the way I operate too.  I don't count other people's money, but I assume that most of the people I live around are fairly well off.  

Of course, I've been reading this self help book so I'm pretty chill about it.  Old me would've gone off and made things worse, but with kids and family and shit, I'm pretty patient.  

Well, also in the Hank Hill vein, you don't mention it or pester about it, but if the money doesn't show, you sure as shit don't invite them anywhere else again.

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Well, also in the Hank Hill vein, you don't mention it or pester about it, but if the money doesn't show, you sure as shit don't invite them anywhere else again.

Correct.  I either think they really needed the money or they don't respect me.  Old me though, would either fight or out them, maybe both.  It's not justthe dollar amount either.  I have a couple of FFB leagues and I won't tolerate slow payors. 

To me, ethics is pretty easy.  If you had the trust and kindness to volunteer to book, I will pay you early. 

the other 4 families were great about splitting meal costs .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Correct.  I either think they really needed the money or they don't respect me.  Old me though, would either fight or out them, maybe both.  It's not justthe dollar amount either.  I have a couple of FFB leagues and I won't tolerate slow payors. 

To me, ethics is pretty easy.  If you had the trust and kindness to volunteer to book, I will pay you early. 

What book did you read?

Fuck that - we're racing, and Team Doom is going to whip your ass. 
Same same. I won't even caravan with my ladyfriend down to the coast. "How about we leave at the same time instead drive our own pace so I get there an hour sooner and get checked in and unpacked"
I'm not trying to spend 6 hours driving to port A
  • Hook 'Em 1

0a828e56210cfc7aea6aba462efd4cd8.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1