Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

On 5/21/2021 at 10:30 AM, SydneyCarton said:

These guys are correct. 

You're conflating Lamb with Charleston Rambo, who was a character risk who's father had to apologize to coaches for his bullshit and was an overranked talent. They both ended up at OU. Rambo washed out and is now with Miami. 

I know Rambo personally from his time at Dallas Woodrow Wilson(pre-Cedar Hill) and this is untrue. Rambo did not have a dad at home and was raised by a single mother, very high character and humble kid. You are scum for spreading character misinformation about a kid in exchange for a couple of likes. Thats low.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Well, you're going to get a kick out of this, but whichever IT mod was in charge of writing that blurb fucked up. The dad has a masters from Samford, not Stanford.

To make matters even more intriguing, apparently Samford's original name upon founding was Howard. Not to be confused with Harvard.  Nor with the separate university called Howard, which is in D.C.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I know Rambo personally from his time at Dallas Woodrow Wilson(pre-Cedar Hill) and this is untrue. Rambo did not have a dad at home and was raised by a single mother, very high character and humble kid. You are scum for spreading character misinformation about a kid in exchange for a couple of likes. Thats low.

Everyones favorite trainer, Margin Hooks was the closest thing to a father figure for Rambo, he was OC at Woodrow at the time.

18 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Lighten up, Francis. The mistake was corrected like 3 posts below the one you quoted. Unless of course you also know Henderson personally and would be equally as insulted by SydneyCarton sullying his good name. In which case, continue on your crusade, good sir! 

On 5/21/2021 at 10:37 AM, golfclap said:

That was Arjei Henderson, right?  I know Arjei Henderson's dad RJ (Team Texas Elite) had to come apologize for his son at like 6 different schools after he and his bro Wease came to town. Arjei has gone from Blinn to Jacksonville State after Florida released him from his NLI because he didn't have the grades/classes complete. 

On 5/21/2021 at 10:49 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Oooh, wait, you're right.. It was Henderson. My bad. I knew it was SOMEONE. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, NoName said:

i mean, no they absolutely are not.

Marcel Brooks was a huge character issue guy. It says everything when you are a 5*, #32 in composite (#17 overall for 247) and don't even take a visit to Texas, A&M or OU because you are such a character risk that nobody outside of LSU wants to touch you with a ten foot pole.

Lagaryonn Carson, Damion Miller and Devonaire Clarington were grade risk guys.

Texas recruited Carson, Miller and Clarington, and other grade risk guys.

Texas did not recruit Brooks and a pretty not small number of other dudes who were "character risks"

We should have pushed for Lamb more, obviously.

I have no interest in going after dudes who are pieces of shit. Grade risks != Character risks.

edit: you probably 10x'd their site visits YTD with your looking around over there haha

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I don’t want to dive into the psychology of this statement, so I’ll just sum it up by saying you were wrong, you are still wrong, and this is monumentally stupid statement. 

Ah character lessons from a guy named casual encounters, now that’s irony. I’ll take the L here. 

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

To go back to one of my favorite refrains: Read the thread, THEN respond 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Thank you, sir. Finally, for fuck’s sake, someone here is willing to call @SydneyCarton out for his behavior, low moral fiber, and general inappropriateness on this forum. The rest of us have been kowtowed and run over repeatedly by this dark, nefarious force. At last, a hero rises and I hope you vanquish this motherfucker once and for all. He’s been running this board like Johnny Tyler running a pharaoh table and we need someone to stand for all of us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lighten up, Francis. The mistake was corrected like 3 posts below the one you quoted. Unless of course you also know Henderson personally and would be equally as insulted by SydneyCarton sullying his good name. In which case, continue on your crusade, good sir! 

yikes, I only saw my friend mentioned in the quoted post and went to defend him, I should have read the rest of what was said I apologize to Carton and everyone else for this waste of time.

47 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Lubbock Coronado head coach

That guy Is a good guy to be in good graces with huge following and widely respected in the Texas coaching circuit. The Lancaster guy now on staff is probably going to be better than Shipley because he’s in with the new crowd of TXHSFB guys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Thank you, sir. Finally, for fuck’s sake, someone here is willing to call @SydneyCarton out for his behavior, low moral fiber, and general inappropriateness on this forum. The rest of us have been kowtowed and run over repeatedly by this dark, nefarious force. At last, a hero rises and I hope you vanquish this motherfucker once and for all. He’s been running this board like Johnny Tyler running a pharaoh table and we need someone to stand for all of us. 

That is a real nice way of calling him a fucking idiot.

62D81A8E-79F3-4D84-873F-02BCDC6587EF.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

(Super K) Texas Commit Taking Visits

Spoiler

A Texas commit to keep an eye on is 2022 DB, Jaylon Guilbeau (Port Arthur Memorial). I am told that Guilbeau is going to be taking a couple of visits this summer.

Source says he will be visiting Texas A&M and TCU. I think TCU is the team to watch here. Their success at getting DBs drafted has Guilbeau’s attention.

I don’t think a decommitment is imminent but I do think that these visits aren’t just fun visits. Jaylon will be evaluating Texas, TCU and TAMU.

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

(Super K) Texas Commit Taking Visits

Hide contents

A Texas commit to keep an eye on is 2022 DB, Jaylon Guilbeau (Port Arthur Memorial). I am told that Guilbeau is going to be taking a couple of visits this summer.

Source says he will be visiting Texas A&M and TCU. I think TCU is the team to watch here. Their success at getting DBs drafted has Guilbeau’s attention.

I don’t think a decommitment is imminent but I do think that these visits aren’t just fun visits. Jaylon will be evaluating Texas, TCU and TAMU.

Harris, Brooks, Anderson would be good. Jaylon probably needs to tread lightly.

Edited by Bevo

15 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Yeah, landing two five stars and a borderline would be awesome. Until then, let's keep the nasty corner with positional versatility happy af

I agree completely. I'm just mentioning the other side which is if he opens up his recruitment that it could hurt him. If I was in his position, I think I would refrain unless I was pretty sure that I wanted to go somewhere else. At the very least, I would wait to see how things shape up with regard to potential playing time at Texas.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I agree completely. I'm just mentioning the other side which is if he opens up his recruitment that it could hurt him. If I was in his position, I think I would refrain unless I was pretty sure that I wanted to go somewhere else. At the very least, I would wait to see how things shape up with regard to potential playing time at Texas.

Like, say, maybe take visits to other schools while still being committed to Texas? You should probably DM him your idea. Not sure he’s thought of it yet. 

17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Harris, Brooks, Anderson would be good. Jaylon probably needs to tread lightly.

Jaylon doesn't need to tread lightly, Joseph needs to handle his business.

TCU has been on Guilbeau the entire time and if Joseph can't fend off TCU for Guilbeau what exactly do you think he's going to do when it comes to Harris being personally recruited by Saban? Texas is not a position to throw away a top 150 player and certainly not one that could fill several spots in the defensive backfield. Esp after losing out on a layup in Hullaby heading to Oregon. Joseph hasn't made any other contingency plans/relationships at CB (ie. Humphrey, Evans, Peoples, or Chambers). So while your list of Harris, Brooks, and Anderson would be good imagine for a moment that you lose Guilbeau to TCU and Harris goes to Alabama - then where are you?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Like, say, maybe take visits to other schools while still being committed to Texas? You should probably DM him your idea. Not sure he’s thought of it yet. 

Guilbeau and me are like peas and carrots. PM sent:

Peas And Carrots Forrest Gump GIF - PeasAndCarrots ForrestGump - Discover &  Share GIFs

What is Sark's philosophy on this, no big deal or if you are taking visits then you are not committed and there may not be a spot for you later on?

Edited by Bevo

(Eric Nahlin) IT Recruiting Matters: Class needs, commits, June visitors, and comments

Spoiler

Normally June is IT’s favorite month because of me and Justin’s birthdays. This year there will be the added excitement of wall to wall recruiting weekends as recruits are allowed to interact with college coaches for the first time in well over a year.

June should come with some emotional swings but on balance be fun, or at least interesting, for you, the dear reader.

Here’s a little primer on where the class sits as we head into the summer.

Quarterback

Needs: 1-2
Commits: Maalik Murphy, Junipero Serra (CA);
June visitors: Murphy; Tevin Carter, Kirby (TN)

Comments: Ewe know the deal here. Murphy is locked in and Carter is probably visiting in order to throw at camp on the 12th. Numbers are going to be interesting because the coaches are after two elite guys in back to back classes. If they miss on Quinn Ewers, would they want to keep the position as lean as possible while they pursue Arch Manning?

Running Back

Needs: 2-3
Commits: Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain
June visitors: TreVonte’ Citizen, Lake Charles Prep (LA); DeAnthony Gatson, Newton; Blue; Tavorus Jones, El Paso Burges

Comments: There’s positive movement on Citizen as the Bayou Bengals continue to step on their own tail. If Texas lands Citizen, they’d probably want to complement with Jones. If Texas can’t land Citizen, they may want both of Gatson and Jones. These are my comments and shouldn’t be taken as staff gospel.

Wide Receiver

Needs: 4-5
Commits: Armani Winfield, Lewisville
June visitors: Winfield; Shazz Preston, St. James (LA); CJ Williams, Mater Dei (CA)

Comments: Both Evan Stewart (Frisco Liberty) and Brenen Thompson (Spearman) are extremely likely to visit in June with Thompson having an unofficial visit set for UT’s big June 18th-20th weekend. Winfield is as solid of a commit as he can be. We’re not sure how hard the staff is pushing for Williams. Preston will be a very difficult player to pull. Kevin Coleman (St. Mary’s, St. Louis, MO) could also drop in at some point.

Tight End

Needs: 1
Commits: N/A
June visitors: Arlis Boardingham, Birmingham High (CA); Tommy McIntosh, DeWitt (MI)

Comments: McIntosh may be ahead of Boardingham but we’re not sure. They’re both really good options for the flex TE role. McIntosh doesn’t have a visit firmed up while Boardingham’s is an official.

Offensive Line

Needs: 4-5
June visitors: Cole Hutson, Frisco High; Connor Robertson, Westlake; Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek; Cameron Williams, Duncanville

Comments: Gun to head, Hutson would be my prediction to be the first o-line commitment. Banks could also commit this summer. Williams likes UT and OU; this visit will be as big as him. Devon Campbell (Arlington Bowie) doesn’t have a visit set up but we’d guess he makes his way to campus to visit the coaches. The staff should work hard to get Kam Dewberry (Atascocita) in June, even if it’s for half a day. The same goes for Neto Umeozulu (Allen).

Interior Defensive Line

Needs: 3
Commits: Zac Swanson, Brophy Prep (AZ); Kristopher Ross, North Shore
June visitors: Swanson; Ross; Jaray Bledsoe, Bremond, Aaron Bryant, Southaven (MS)

Comments: Bryant is only a three-star, but he’s a covet to me as a prospective nose tackle with some size and bounce. There will be serious competition for him, which is how you know the rating is poor. His dad went to Ole Miss. Swanson and Ross profile to athletic 3-techs in the PK defense. Bledsoe will be difficult as well but the official visit gives the coaches a chance. Need to win over mom.

Outside Linebacker (Jack and X)

June visitors: Derrick Brown, Texas High; Robby Snelling, McQueen (NV); Anthony Jones, Liberty (NV); Justice Finkley, Trussville (AL)

Comments: Brown is already a huge must-get on upside alone, but evolving into a UT/Aggie battle adds a little something extra. He’s a better fit for the UT defense, so that should help. My original thinking on Snelling is starting to overlap with Texas', he’s probably too good at baseball. Jones is going to have a big senior year and end up being a ”steal” for someone, but he was a stud all along. Finkley is a swing guy like Moro Ojomo — could start off at Jack then spin to 3-tech. Texas is definitely in that recruitment.

Inside Linebacker (Will and Mike)

Commits: Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin
June visitors: Jeremy Patton, Tenaha; Sebastian Cheeks, Evanston Prep (IL); Niuafe Tuihalamaka, Bishop Alemany (CA); Johnson; TJ Dudley, Montgomery Catholic (AL); Ish Harris, Pilot Point

Comments: They look good for Patton and he could be a June commit. If Notre Dame doesn’t have room for Cheeks, or perhaps even if they do, Texas could win this and push the number to three. We’d be mildly surprised if Tuihalamaka made it to campus. It’s hard to see Ish Harris ending up at Texas.

Defensive Back

Needs: 2
Commits: Bryan Allen, Aledo
Pending visits: Allen; Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook; Austin Jordan, Denton Ryan

Comments: Allen is the ’big’ safety they want to help free up the coverage guys. Anderson is listed as a DB because that is his quickest path to the field. He could play corner as well. Jordan has always been a safety despite his early corner listing. An elite school is going to push for him, it’s just a matter of who. fOSU would be the front-runner if they truly push.

Cornerback

Needs: 3
Commits: Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial
Pending visits: Denver Harris, North Shore; Terrance Brooks, John Paul II

Comments: June visits will give way to July decisions, or in the case of Harris, maybe August, for two of the biggest needs in the class. Texas versus Bama, with both sides concerned for the other.

Expect more names to pop up for June visits, plus the staff may take a kicker.

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

TCU has been on Guilbeau the entire time and if Joseph can't fend off TCU for Guilbeau what exactly do you think he's going to do when it comes to Harris being personally recruited by Saban? Texas is not a position to throw away a top 150 player and certainly not one that could fill several spots in the defensive backfield. Esp after losing out on a layup in Hullaby heading to Oregon. Joseph hasn't made any other contingency plans/relationships at CB (ie. Humphrey, Evans, Peoples, or Chambers). So while your list of Harris, Brooks, and Anderson would be good imagine for a moment that you lose Guilbeau to TCU and Harris goes to Alabama - then where are you?  

Are we putting Joseph in the Drayton penalty box?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Everyone, which in this case is literally everyone on this thread, be sure to mark down "Golfclap blames Terry Joseph" on your bingo cards. 

• Haha 6

33 minutes ago, Machinator said:

(Eric Nahlin) IT Recruiting Matters: Class needs, commits, June visitors, and comments

Hide contents

Normally June is IT’s favorite month because of me and Justin’s birthdays.

Every subscriber should get $9.95 back for the month of June for that fucking abomination of a sentence, especially considering it's the lede.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, golfclap said:

He doesn't make my eye twitch but he's arrived on probation after his evals at aggy led to them taking Roney Elam and the like. 

How much do you blame that outcome on Joseph prioritizing Roney Elam and the like, versus Joseph getting to pick leftovers while at A&M?

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

How much do you blame that outcome on Joseph prioritizing Roney Elam and the like, versus Joseph getting to pick leftovers while at A&M?

I think he took Elam pretty early if my memory isn't too faulty. It's not like he took him because there wasn't any talent left on the table and it was January and he needed numbers. That was the class with Kyler and Daylon so there was plenty of momentum to capitalize on. I feel like he often targets these long/tall guys that can't turn and go and then they have to position switch players to meet numbers at either CB or S. (Williams for you guys, UNC, and ND all had that happen under him). 

The thing is Joseph is a good recruiter. He's a really nice guy and connects well with recruits and their families. I'm not a fan of his evals or his dated coaching style, but he can recruit, connect, and close. So I think he simply did prioritize the wrong guys like Pryor, Dunning, and Elam in that one class. Notably he pursued Pryor and Dunning over DeShon Elliot (as well as Houghton, PJ Locke, McKinney). Pryor and Dunning both turned around like a tractor trailers and both were going to need to spin down at the next level. You can't take both of those kind of guys in the same class or you cripple the room - which of course is what happened. The next year they took the same basic player in Okeke - who predictably moved to LB almost immediately. I liked Oliver a lot but Fuller was another guy who didn't profile at CB (couldn't turn and go) and his career bore that out. Watts was a McKinney recruit as was Harvey but Wilson was an excellent job by Joseph. Thats' a pretty rough rolling 3 year group. 

His one year at UNC they only took two DBs - a 6'3" DB Caleb Rozar who can't turn around, they tried him at CB and he's now at Pearl River CC. The other, Tre Shaw, entered the portal after not cracking the 2-deep. UNC had to take 4 portal DBs on top of their high school recruits to try and replenish the room before Dre Bly's recruiting kicked in. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Esp after losing out on a layup in Hullaby heading to Oregon.

99% sure Texas passed on Hullaby because they had a silent from Jacoby Matthews. Now, we know how that ended up working out but they had a reason for passing at the time. They didn’t let him slip away.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

99% sure Texas passed on Hullaby because they had a silent from Jacoby Matthews. Now, we know how that ended up working out but they had a reason for passing at the time. They didn’t let him slip away.

This is not correct. They wanted Hullaby. He wanted to forge his own path. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting