Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry Hamilton said Texas and Florida State are the top two for Skinner. Also said Florida State is probably in the lead because of some connection Skinner has with a person who works in the FSU program, but that Banks has Texas within striking distance.

We know what needs to be done to land him. Let’s hope for program direction and state we land him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry Hamilton said Texas and Florida State are the top two for Skinner. Also said Florida State is probably in the lead because of some connection Skinner has with a person who works in the FSU program, but that Banks has Texas within striking distance.

FSU didn't have a single reception by a TE in the ND loss.

So the rumor on SEC Rant, Tigerdroppings, and LSU 247 is that Ed O tried to fight a LSU booster not to long ago.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/did-eaux-really-pull-up-on-a-boosters-fish-camp-looking-for-a-fight/98199641/

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/pulling-up-on-someones-fishing-camp-is-a-terrible-idea/98199440/

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

So this is their version of Tom and Michelle trying to open the door on a booster's plane at 30k feet?

This was the first thread that popped up on it.  Apparently a local media guy started it.

Last night, local media host Jordy Culotta said back in the summer, Coach O and his kids were on a boat down on Louisiana coast. Some LSU fans said hey that’s coach O and one of the guy’s son said you better win every game not in a rude manner. Few minutes later Coach O and his kids show up to that guy’s camp saying who said something about me? While this was happening, the son pressed record on his phone on the table facing up and coach O was on the video for a second of the confrontation. What coach O didn’t know was that guy was a big time LSU booster and he emailed the video interaction to the LSU administration. They were pissed and with his interaction this past Saturday with the UCLA fan, the administration has had enough of coach O. Coach O is very thin skin and he is spiraling out of control.

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This was the first thread that popped up on it.  Apparently a local media guy started it.

Last night, local media host Jordy Culotta said back in the summer, Coach O and his kids were on a boat down on Louisiana coast. Some LSU fans said hey that’s coach O and one of the guy’s son said you better win every game not in a rude manner. Few minutes later Coach O and his kids show up to that guy’s camp saying who said something about me? While this was happening, the son pressed record on his phone on the table facing up and coach O was on the video for a second of the confrontation. What coach O didn’t know was that guy was a big time LSU booster and he emailed the video interaction to the LSU administration. They were pissed and with his interaction this past Saturday with the UCLA fan, the administration has had enough of coach O. Coach O is very thin skin and he is spiraling out of control.

So a booster's son talked shit to O and O got pissed. Is this some kind of a surprise?

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

So a booster's son talked shit to O and O got pissed. Is this some kind of a surprise?

I highly doubt a booster's kid would talk shit to the head coach of the school his dad is giving money to. Like it said above, it was probably in jest. O being the asshole that he is probably didn't appreciate anyone disrespecting him, in jest or not. Dude is a fucking idiot. In the corporate world, he would be considered a walking HR nightmare.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

I highly doubt a booster's kid would talk shit to the head coach of the school his dad is giving money to. Like it said above, it was probably in jest. O being the asshole that he is probably didn't appreciate anyone disrespecting him, in jest or not. Dude is a fucking idiot. In the corporate world, he would be considered a walking HR nightmare.

in the corporate world he would be the ceo of a fortune 500 company

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Like any of the Surly Shaggy kids wouldn't talk shit to Mack in his last year.

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

@closetojumping shared some insight about who Ed O was back in the 80s. IIRC, something along the lines of individuals covering O's serial domestic abuse. So this stuff is just small potatoes if the allegations of his previous behavior are indeed true.

No doubt O is a thin-skinned prick. That's obvious - He is a former alcoholic and a Cajun. But CTJ is buddies with a Bama insider, so take his O takes with a grain of salt.

8 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Kid is a relative term. Between 17-23 I said ridiculous shit to plenty of people. My dad wasn’t a rich booster, my buddies that had that kind of money were ten times worse.

Mike at Night: Recruiting Louisiana is a worthwhile venture for Longhorns

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike at Night: Recruiting Louisiana is a worthwhile venture for Longhorns

Mike Roach

The state of Texas is home to the biggest talent base in recruiting. That's a big reason why every elite program in the country wants to sink its teeth into the Lone Star State to get a taste of the best football players in the country. It's also why Texas must more than hold its own within state borders though completely owning the state probably isn't realistic unless Texas returns to being a nationally elite program.

It's also vital that Texas take advantage of other talent pools available to them. One of those talent pools lies just over the eastern border in Louisiana. While The Boot doesn't have the overwhelming amount of depth that Texas has, the high-end talent in the state takes a backseat to nobody. Steve Sarkisian had this in mind when he constructed his initial staff. Keeping former LSU quarterback Brandon Harris on staff while hiring experienced Louisiana recruiters like Bo Davis, Terry Joseph and Cordae Hankton sent the message that the Longhorns would like to be more than occasional visitors to the bayou.

While it may seem that now is the perfect time to strike with some questions surrounding Ed Orgeron and LSU, the fact is that it's always been a worthwhile venture to invest in recruiting Louisiana. It's a battle that will likely end in more losses than wins in the beginning, but that's the cost of doing business.

In the past, Texas occasionally grabbed leftovers that LSU and Alabama passed over. When Sarkisian arrived, Texas rushed into heavyweight battles for Louisiana's best. While Ronald Lewis wasn't pursued by LSU, Texas struck a blow landing four-star defensive lineman J'Mond Tapp. The Longhorns are also in the thick of the race for Shazz Preston and Quency Wiggins. Jacoby Mathews remains on the board as well, and the Longhorns are turning up the heat in an effort to land the five-star safety.

One elite Louisiana prospect remains unoffered at the moment by this staff. Texas could possibly jump into the race for Shreveport (LA.) Captain Shreve ATH Kendrick Law if they offered soon. Law was one of the more impressive prospects I saw over the spring playing on the 7v7 circuit, and he would fit as a do-it-all athlete who could play anything from running back, to wide receiver, to defensive back. Law played 7v7 with the Louisiana Bootleggers which also featured such players as Jacoby Mathews, Shazz Preston, Rueben Owens, Bryce Anderson and others. I've heard some buzz that Texas initiated contact with Law and he'd be open to hearing more.

The Longhorns pursued a large group of those players this spring, and while it probably won't result in an overwhelming amount of success off the bat, but that shouldn't stop the staff from going all out to maximize their recruiting efforts in an area that's always been available to them.

That doesn't even take into account what's there for Texas in the 2023 class. Arch Manning is the obvious prize there, but Texas would also love to land players like Derek Williams, Jaiden Ausberry, Jordan Matthews and several others. The good news is, Texas appears to be committed to establishing a strong presence there, and that alone is a worthy cause for a team trying to climb back to the top.

• Hook 'Em 2

Four-Star OL Earnest Greene talks Clemson-Georgia game and upcoming official visits
GREG BIGGINS

(Talks about his Texas and possible TX/OU visits.)

Spoiler

Four-Star OL Earnest Greene talks Clemson-Georgia game and upcoming official visits
GREG BIGGINS

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco offensive lineman Earnest Greene took in the Clemson-Georgia game over the weekend and has a pair of official visits coming up.

Greene is one of the nation’s top offensive line prospects and one of the most versatile as well. He has played all over for the Braves including both tackle spots and could easily slide inside and play guard as well.

Greene was one of several big time football players in attendance in North Carolina over the weekend and had a rooting interest for both teams.

“It was tough for me,” Greene said. “Deep down, I was rooting for Georgia because they’re one of my top schools and I talk with those coaches every day.

“At the same time, D.J. (Uiagalelei) is my guy, that’s my quarterback. I was definitely rooting hard for him to play well so end of the day, I was pretty much neutral and just enjoyed being there.”

Greene said the atmosphere was incredible.

“It was like nothing I’ve seen before,” Greene said. “The atmosphere was crazy, there were between 70,000 and 80,000 fans going crazy and just being there was amazing. That’s the kind of atmosphere I’ve always wanted to play in when I get to college.

“Seeing the size and the athleticism of the linemen was pretty eye opening too. You see a guy like Jordan Davis, who’s 6-6, 340 pounds and he’s doing cross chops and running around guys. Jalen Carter, Myles Murphy, Bryan Bresee, those guys are just freaks and it made for an awesome experience.”

Greene took a late July visit to Georgia and the Dogs are doing well with the talented lineman.

“I talk with the coaches every day,” Greene said. “I talked to them before an after the Clemson game and I have a great relationship with coach Luke and coach Gordon.

“I had a great visit in July and really felt comfortable out there. It was great to finally meet the coaches face to face and that’s important to me. I feel like with some coaches, you can get a salesman vibe from them but when you talk to them face to face, you can’t fake that and I definitely have a family vibe with the Georgia coaches.”

Greene will be back at Georgia in two weeks (Sept. 18) for an official visit. This weekend, he’ll take official visit No. 1 to Ohio State.

“I’m really excited to get out there,” Greene said. “We play East St. Louis on Friday and they’re really good, a lot of big dudes and some good skill guys. After the game, me and several of my teammates are taking a red-eye flight and we’ll be out there Saturday and Sunday.

“It should be a good game with Oregon and I’m really hoping Kayvon (Thibodeaux) plays. I want to see what kind of blocking schemes coach Studs (Studrawa) designs and how they matchup. It should be a fun atmosphere though, I had a good visit in the summer and looking forward to being there on a game weekend.”

Greene said he also has an official visit set up with Texas for (Oct. 16).

"I had a really good unofficial visit to Texas in the summer so I'm excited to be back there," Greene said. "I've said it before but I like the coaches over there a lot and have been talking with coach Sark and coach Flood since my sophomore year when they were at Bama. I know the game experience will be a lot of fun there, football in Texas is huge."

Greene said he's still hoping to take all five trips if he can.

“I may visit USC in December, we’ve been talking about that,” Greene said. “I don’t have anything set for the last one yet but I may visit Oklahoma too. I'm also thinking of going to the Red River Shootout and see them and Texas play.

"That’s a neutral site game so I couldn’t take an official there but it would be fun just to go and watch the game. I’m still planning to commit at the All-American Bowl in January. I’m an early grad so I would have to sign early and then commit later so I would obviously have to be a silent commit for a little while before going public.”

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting