Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

After watching Euliss Trinity's RB/ATH #2 Ollie Gordon (who is committed to Oklahoma State) play vs our Chaps, I think that was one the greatest performances by a HS player I've ever seen. He rushed for over 200 yards and everyone knew he was getting the ball on every play. He was literally all they had, so they schemed the ball to his hands on virtually every play. He even threw a completed pass that must have been 60 yards in the air. We won 34-14 but man, seems like that dude had 1 or 2 players hanging on for dear life on every play and it often took 3 to bring him down! 

Dude ran for over 400 yards vs Allen in the playoffs last year. Yes, that is not a typo. I sure wish we could get him to flip.   

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ollie-Gordon-134718/

would be interested to see what happens with him, composite #275, #43 in Texas

offers from OkSt, Arky, BYU, U of H, ISU, Michigan?, Mizzou, Neb, SMU, TCU

no offers from Texas, A&M or OU (yet) - could be a late riser for sure.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well we'd have to offer him first. Would you rather have him or Blue?

any news about him playing anywhere this year? guessing it isn't happening at this point but did i miss anything other than the captains voting not to let him back on the team?

24 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

After watching Euliss Trinity's RB/ATH #2 Ollie Gordon (who is committed to Oklahoma State) play vs our Chaps, I think that was one the greatest performances by a HS player I've ever seen. He rushed for over 200 yards and everyone knew he was getting the ball on every play. He was literally all they had, so they schemed the ball to his hands on virtually every play. He even threw a completed pass that must have been 60 yards in the air. We won 34-14 but man, seems like that dude had 1 or 2 players hanging on for dear life on every play and it often took 3 to bring him down! 

Dude ran for over 400 yards vs Allen in the playoffs last year. Yes, that is not a typo. I sure wish we could get him to flip. 

Watching a previous tape, his OL looks great. Most of the time, he kind of jogs until he sees an opening and then he gets into the second level before being hit by LBs and DBs. I was hoping to see someone with crazy speed who could transition into a WR. Our RBs seem better and he doesn't look like a WR at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Came here to say this. Not really a late riser. Just a guy that will emerge from the wreckage that was the 2020 evaluation period. 

I watched Lil Jordan Humphrey play our Chaps. Gordon seemed similar but runs harder and meaner. 200+ yards on our defense is insane. 

Here he is vs Allen. Ignore the idiot announcer who insists on calling him "Jordan." 

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - No Justice For All
24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Doctor Justice... Tuesdays at 8 on CBS."

When I lived in Center City Philadelphia, I was around the corner from two filming locations for an NBC pilot. They parked the actor trailers in front of our walkup and no one had any idea what the show was, who was in it, etc. On day 1 of active filming they posted the name of the actors and the working title for the pilot on the door of the trailers.

Jimmy Smits

Working Title: "Rough Justice"

.....which became the short lived courtroom drama "Outlaws". Rough Justice is clearly a terrible name for anything other than a chokehold buttfuck, but is a useful descriptor. Also, Carly Pope is shockingly attractive irl. 

Spoiler

4k3m982rju961.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, TenCarryTom said:

To paraphrase:

I don’t know shit about fuck but he isn’t going to Colorado. 

Or... I do know one thing, it is down to Texas and Alabama because he sure as fuck isn't going to Colorado. Although, with that said, Colorado would be okay with me just because sometimes I like to watch the whole world burn.

11 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

keep swanson.  you never know what will happen with Tapp or Finkley until NSD

This, plus we are in need of edge depth anyway. We will lose Thornton and Ben Davis after this year and will likely need at least one of these guys to come in and contribute unless we can find another good edge rusher in the portal. 

Edited by Vertigo

56 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The key line is "Alabama's obviously still in it..." Especially since the sentence before is all about Texas recruiting him harder from the outset. Seems like his brain is telling him Texas outworked Alabama and that is where he is leaning, but his heart will not let him say it.

I would say his heart is in Austin but his brain is saying Bama is the obvious choice

22 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Probably been discussed, but if we do pull Finkley and feel ok about holding on to him, the next step is encouraging Swanson to go ahead and reopen his recruitment presumably? 

If we get Finkley the staff is still going to go after and would take Wiggins and Abor.  Not sure what happens if all of them want on board (highly unlikely).

Justin Wells:

OL Earnest Greene, St John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) - 2022:

The ginormous offensive mauler from Cali is keeping the Horns in the hunt with an official visit to Austin on October 16th.

The 6-foot-4.5, 330-pound On300 four-star (93 score) interior offensive lineman holds 25 offers including Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Michigan. He just attended the Clemson-Georgia defensive slugfest over the weekend and will see Kirby Smart's Bulldogs in Athens for an official trip on September 18th.

Greene is taking is official visit to Columbus this weekend for the Oregon-Ohio State clash. The big man is on the move.

He hit the ATX over the summer and it made such an impression that he's eager to return to the Forty Acres. On top of UT's official, he's wanting to check out the Red River Shootout in Dallas in October, if possible.

"I honestly really like Texas," Greene told IT over the summer. "I like the staff and feel that I am building a great bond with them."

Wide receivers coach Andre Coleman played with Greene's father in the NFL and he's getting closer to Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood. He's certainly one we'll be monitoring moving forward.

Of note: 2022 On300 EDGE and 190th overall prospect out of Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.) Justice Finkley is set to announce his commitment tomorrow at 5:15pm (ET). His top three consists of Texas, Alabama, and Colorado.

As of this evening, he's yet to notify the staff of his intentions, keeping everything close to the vest. He's got photos in three different hats and graphic edits of each as well.

UT has done a tremendous job building the bond with him and his family, selling him on the virtues and opportunities at the University of Texas. Often academics are used as a reason for a player's decision, but in this recruitment, it's certainly applicable.

We'll know in 24 hours.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

26 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Probably been discussed, but if we do pull Finkley and feel ok about holding on to him, the next step is encouraging Swanson to go ahead and reopen his recruitment presumably? 

I have no idea why everyone is in such a big fucking hurry to get rid of Swanson.  Did he kick a puppy on tik tok or something?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I have no idea why everyone is in such a big fucking hurry to get rid of Swanson.  Did he kick a puppy on tik tok or something?

I want him in the class assuming he’s not punting puppies on the Internet. Just thinking about the numbers and our other needs. He seems to be redundant and not as highly thought of as some of the other guys. 

There is no such thing as too many guys on the lines and also could be good. If the staff isn’t worried about the distribution of ships then sure, let’s take them all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting