Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 hours ago, RGBIII said:

incorrect. Hes still probably going to Oregon though

Christobal spent Friday at his hs game vs Atascocita. Not only is banks sticking with Oregon, it would not surprise me to see Oregon try to create a pipeline there. Luckily not a ton of talent there in 2023/2024 classes.  Surprisingly Oregon is not in Dewberry’s final 5; this would have been a great opportunity to try and grab them both.

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Holy shit, I actually like Dark mode more than light mode. Shit looks cool as hell.

Also, Flood, you fucking cock sucker, BRING IN JAYLON EARLY, YOU FUCK! WTF IS HE DOING???

I would go as far as to suggest our benevolent dictator, @immamac, make dark mode the default mode for the website. Agree with @maninblack that it is easy on the eyes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

Tyler Owens is such a massive disappointment. How that guy hasn’t been able to bulk up and spin down to LB makes no sense.

he has made it very clear he doesn't want to be an LB, so they haven't shifted him.

qukvhGry

career high in tackles was 2 in 2019 vs TCU.

it's unfortunate, because the guy's numbers were off the chart.

Tyler Owens has the most rare combination of athleticism and physical dimensions of any prospect in the 2019 cycle. The Texas signee has multiple sub-10.5 second 100 meter times to his credit and checked in at 6-foot-2, 197 pounds with arms over 34 inches at the All-American Bowl. For reference, only six other players in San Antonio had arms longer than Owens, with all being linemen. He also ran a 4.37 second 40-yard dash and posted an incredible 11’2” broad jump at Texas’ prospect camp last summer. The number of current NFL defensive backs with arms over 34 inches who run a sub 4.4 second 40 and broad jump over 11 feet? Zero. That’s how unique Owens is from a length and athleticism perspective. In a class with a number of elite athletes, Owens shows the most signs of being a once-in-every few years type of prospect in that regard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

I am more concerned about Adimora's lack of PT than Owens. Owens was a low 4 star who tested well after he committed and got overhyped. I also think that he was rated a 5 star after he signed in the last rankings update. Adimora on the other hand has actually made plays for this team in the past and has good ball skills. it will be very interesting to see what Texas does in the portal because we will have a lot of holes and a chance to reinvent what we do on D.

• Hook 'Em 1

Some quotes from Winfield:

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (Lewisville, TX) (TEXAS) - 2022:

After missing the first two games of the season due to injury, the 6-foot-2, 180-pound four-star pass-catcher has had a great senior campaign. His mid-season highlights demand a watch.

In four games, he's tallied 422 yards and six touchdowns on 19 catches. He added an 11-catch, 189-yard, two-TD effort versus Flower Mound on Friday. He says it's all in the grind.

"I worked hard in the dark," said Winfield.

The hard work is paying off and watching this Texas offense in 2021 gives him added motivation.

“(Getting to Texas) is the goal," said Winfield. "I’ll be playing there (at Texas)."

Michigan State continues to hang around the rim in this recruitment, but Winfield seems content with his pledge at the moment.

He continues to keep his head low and work, and feels like this season at Lewisville can be special. With all the talent on his side and 2024 quarterback Ethan Terrell looking fantastic, the Farmers have a shot at a deep run in the playoffs. But his goal of getting to Austin is squarely in his sights.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I expect Owens to be one of myriad players that are gone by the spring unless a switch gets flipped. It has nothing to do with any sort of numbers crunch. Dead weight needs to be cut loose for the program to take proper flight. Word is there is a lot of dead weight. We have a scholarship punter that doesn't punt, for Christ's sake. I think we see a minimum of 10 early exits and something probably close to 15.

in case folks think he is being hyperbolic, here are the dudes on the roster by year and position.

lots of dead wood. lots of guys who aren't fits. add in folks who will know that they aren't playing next year based on PT this year ("juniors" not getting much PT off the top of my head: Woodard, Tyler Johnson, Ghirmai, Warren?, Caldwell, Owens.) add in more portal movement pushing people down the depth chart pushing people out. add in some log jams due to the COVID year of eligibility (for example, Texas has six listed "freshman" WR, 5 "freshman" DL, etc)

Spoiler

this is where i miss the IT scholarship roster that was up to date. apologies if i missed anyone else. it isn't perfect (D Richardson listed as a Senior for example

offense:

36G5Hhql

defense:

je5w4hCP

edit: any updates or new news on Jordan Thomas, outside of being "away from the team for personal reasons"? didn't someone say they don't expect him to ever play for Texas?

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

I don't understand all the hype around Banks at all. I've watched him in two games, and although that is a small sample size, there were times that he was literally dominated by a kid that was 2 inches shorter and a 100 pounds lighter. Now he did appear to have a limp towards the end of each game so I'm not sure of he has a lingering injury. 

Dewberry looked much better last week although he certainly seemed underwhelming at times as well. I just don't see much motor from each of them

30 minutes ago, NoName said:

in case folks think he is being hyperbolic, here are the dudes on the roster by year and position.

lots of dead wood. lots of guys who aren't fits. add in folks who will know that they aren't playing next year based on PT this year ("juniors" not getting much PT off the top of my head: Woodard, Tyler Johnson, Ghirmai, Warren?, Caldwell, Owens.) add in more portal movement pushing people down the depth chart pushing people out. add in some log jams due to the COVID year of eligibility (for example, Texas has six listed "freshman" WR, 5 "freshman" DL, etc)

Reveal hidden contents

this is where i miss the IT scholarship roster that was up to date. apologies if i missed anyone else. it isn't perfect (D Richardson listed as a Senior for example

offense:

36G5Hhql

defense:

je5w4hCP

edit: any updates or new news on Jordan Thomas, outside of being "away from the team for personal reasons"? didn't someone say they don't expect him to ever play for Texas?

His father was battling a terminal illness that took his life recently. He stepped away to take care of his family. He could be back this spring. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I expect Owens to be one of myriad players that are gone by the spring unless a switch gets flipped. It has nothing to do with any sort of numbers crunch. Dead weight needs to be cut loose for the program to take proper flight. Word is there is a lot of dead weight. We have a scholarship punter that doesn't punt, for Christ's sake. I think we see a minimum of 10 early exits and something probably close to 15.

With the post-pandemic era dawning (I don't need an update on news stories or handwringing about your personal corona concerns, I'm talking about the handling of psyches and rosters now going forward), I think this may be a thing across the country. Folks thought that the portal numbers were grim this past year? Uh huh. 

Guys on the potential “cut list” imo are:

Tyler Johnson

Prince Dorbah

Al’Vonte Woodard

Kai Money - scholarship removed

Casey Cain

Troy Omeire - medical

Ayodele Adeoye

Max Merril

Rafiti Ghirmai

Ryan Bujcevski - scholarship removed

Hudson Card - transfer

Dajon Harrison

Tyler Owens

Edited by BurntOrange&White

24 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tyler Johnson

Prince Dorbah

Al’Vonte Woodard

Casey Cain

Troy Omeire - medical

Ayodele Adeoye

Max Merril

Rafiti Ghirmai

Hudson Card - transfer

Dajon Harrison

Tyler Owens

I just threw up in my mouth

15 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

That Edge scholarship list is unacceptable at a program like rice let alone Texas smh thats so bad. 

corner numbers are laughable too. cant really develop guys when they aren't even on campus lol

Feels like some of LBs should be listed as Edges. I'm not saying its good, but those groupings seem odd to me after seeing how we play.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Reveal hidden contents

offense:

36G5Hhql

defense:

je5w4hCP

Thomas' father just died, that is why he has been out of school in order to take care of him. I don't think it is fair to write him off just yet. Don't you feel like an asshole now?

54 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tyler Johnson

Prince Dorbah

Al’Vonte Woodard

Casey Cain

Troy Omeire - medical

Ayodele Adeoye

Max Merril

Rafiti Ghirmai

Hudson Card - transfer

Dajon Harrison

Tyler Owens

I can think of a few LBs who should make the list. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting