Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I would imagine it would be quite difficult to look any worse after losing to Jacksonville St. They shouldn’t lose that game ever, let alone in the second year of Norvell’s tenure. But yeah they are improving lmao, gtfoh they are in a worse condition than we are. You are making really idiotic post, then chastising everyone that points it out as such. Get a fucking grip.

I'll give you this. If we lose to ULM next year I'll be right where you are with this staff.

1) You’re making it pretty fucking  obvious that the only football you ever watch is a Texas game. 

2) You’ve made it pretty obvious that you are so rock stupid that can’t even vaguely grasp a semblance of the actual point being made. But keep fucking that chicken. I’m sure you think you look good in the mirror when you’re doing it, dipshit. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) You’re making it pretty fucking  obvious that the only football you ever watch is a Texas game. 

2) You’ve made it pretty obvious that you are so rock stupid that can’t even vaguely grasp a semblance of the actual point being made. But keep fucking that chicken. I’m sure you think you look good in the mirror when you’re doing it, dipshit. 

Just admit you made a dumb ass point and let this go. You can't even contend any of the points I made regarding FSU and instead resort to posting useless drivel like the post above. Grow up.

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Just admit you made a dumb ass point and let this go. You can't even contend any of the points I made regarding FSU and instead resort to posting useless drivel like the post above. Grow up.

Unintelligent, boring, and a voluminous. These are the characteristics of a stumblefuck begging to be placed on ignore. Wish granted. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

You waited until the end of the game? I left with less than 6 minutes on the clock. I had already seen the results the previous 2 games.

I listened to the radio from kickoff all the way from San Antonio to about 35 miles SW of Sonora. Thank goodness it finally crapped out when I got to my place in BFE.

On 10/31/2021 at 6:15 PM, Gut Wagon said:

Plenty of fault with Thompson, too. For one thing, if he'd run more, I do think we'd be better off. He wasn't exactly Tom Brady yesterday, but there also were a lot of critical drops. 

There were a lot more bad reads where he couldn't find wide open WRs. For the 2 critical drops, neither was a great throw, the missed TD to Worthy because of his shit footwork throwing off his back foot was easily the worst play made by any Texas player.

And the funny thing about the running, the only reason the run is available is because he's already missed 2 or 3 options in the passing game and his primary read has been taken away from him.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

The solution is simple. We lock Sark into a small room with the monkey, now having developed a taste for human flesh, and we don't open the door until nature has taken its course. 

Then we turn around and go full fucktard like Aggy and offer 150M fully guaranteed over the next 12 years to Matt Rhule. Finally we hire a street gang to kidnap what I assume to be the 20-30 pet cats Plonsky has and hold them hostage until the bitch rubber stamps any and every asinine corrupt as fuck hire and/or NIL program we can think up. 

horror monkey GIF by Shudder

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/18/2021 at 1:04 PM, closetojumping said:

Raymond couldn't get past "compliance". Sarkisian was given a quick "no" when kicking the tires, supposedly. Maybe if buys Plonsky a lifetime supply of Pluckers wings or pleated blue jeans she'll reconsider this time.

Raymond couldn't get past Plonsky (compliance), but this is just fine 😋

7F3EDFC8-3D21-4AA2-B0C7-C0AB73A33784.png

image.jpeg 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

If you are going to throw those names, throw these out too - Coburn, Ovie, Davis. Wiley. Hell, Ford and Gbenda too. Ford played a lot in collapses versus OSU and BU. Adeoye.

Our damn problems exist at every level. Calling out players for lack of effort is one thing but for you and others unloading your supposed knowledge is chickenshit especially when lacking objectivity and understanding.

Who gives a shit what you think about the QB situation. You’re a dumbass hollering about Bush getting meaningful playing when he hasn’t played for shit the last two weeks. It may have been TCU where he didn’t play much either and only got lots of run versus OU because Jones got hurt. Hell, he’s the only one that actually drew a holding flag versus OU.
But keep bitching about him cause his lack of playing time sure as hell has bolstered our pass rush and 4th quarter defense the last two weeks.

Jones just came off a game in which somebody reviewed the tape and said he allowed no pressures.
He screws up sure but if you don’t see the good and potential it’s cause your head is up your ass.

Jerrin Thompson was the starter over Schooler but gave it up due to his poor performance against OU culminating with his incredibly weak effort on the final play. Thru OU I’m pretty damn certain Thompson played more snaps yet the bitching about Schooler is probably 10 times more and certainly more claims for Schooler to never see the field again. I said it elsewhere but Schooler was 3rd in tackles on a crappy Oregon team and had 4 INTs. So he was capable somewhere at some point.

You also have two dudes who made the biggest plays on defense last week. But sure run em off cause everybody else is whipping ass. Heaven forbid if the dudes responsible for rushing the passer actually make a big play. If they get just 1 big sack against BU, who knows what happens. One fumble. Anything.

Moore had a crappy game and somewhat of an up and down career, but he’s never done anything positive so throw his ass aside. Or maybe he’ll rebound like Worthy after TCU. And no shit he’s not as talented as Worthy.

I’m not even sure why people bitch about Brewer. He’s a good team player. Catches the balls thrown to him. Kinda does what 90% of tight ends do throughout the country. Damn him for not being a superstar.

You also have some juniors on there so I’d probably say Ojomo, Sweat and even guys like Adimora (he wasn’t particularly good last year) that haven’t played much should be on the DO NOT PLAY list. Let’s be honest Sweat and Ojomo haven’t produced like we’d all had hoped. You know Overshown he disappears at times and runs around blocks too much. That guy. That’s inexcusable for a senior.

Queue the scheme excuse for some but not others. I don’t care for the scheme based on what we’ve got either. A lot of bitching about role players when our is issue is lacking star power particularly on defense. Or at least the guys we thought could be stars aren’t playing as such.

I haven’t seen any practices, but it is quite possible that the effort and execution is complete dogshit for some. If that’s the case, they have no right to bitch about lack of playing time. There might be a few freshmen that could get some more run, but we’ve run a shit ton of guys out there and there aren’t many flashes. Collins is the one guy, but he’s getting opportunities now (and he was getting some earlier too) and we’re getting similar team results.

Even though this is the internets, there’s a better way of stating let’s play the younger guys more.

It’s just hard to imagine half you dudes not shitting your pants every other day in non football related activities the way you conduct yourselves here.

Huh. This is a new one for me. 

Username checks out as a poster, but not as a UT fan. Weird. 

Huh. This is a new one for me. 

Username checks out as a poster, but not as a UT fan. Weird. 

I’ve stalked you bastards for years. Busted on the scene at some point last year after Herman did something to piss me off. Don’t even remember what it was now. I’ll stick up for own players but not above talking shit to posters. Not even above a good threat since it’s the internet.

Read a lot on the recruiting forum but don’t post cause I have no inside info, don’t do my own research, and realize that whatever value I have in my own mind ain’t worth much here.

Now, I’ll leave y’all to your discussion, but I’d prefer the “our players suck and don’t deserve to live much less play football” thread on the football board on its own thread so I may intentionally avoid it rather than in a useful one that warrants attention.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I’ve stalked you bastards for years. Busted on the scene at some point last year after Herman did something to piss me off. Don’t even remember what it was now. I’ll stick up for own players but not above talking shit to posters. Not even above a good threat since it’s the internet.

Read a lot on the recruiting forum but don’t post cause I have no inside info, don’t do my own research, and realize that whatever value I have in my own mind ain’t worth much here.

Now, I’ll leave y’all to your discussion, but I’d prefer the “our players suck and don’t deserve to live much less play football” thread on the football board on its own thread so I may intentionally avoid it rather than in a useful one that warrants attention.

To be clear, BO&W doesn't even faintly speak for the rest of us here. I, personally, can't really figure out what a "youth movement" gets us at this point. I don't think Texas is loaded with talent, but it certainly has enough to win each of the games it lost this year. 

Now, are some of our players "not good", yes. We have a problem at QB where both main candidates have major flaws. They're both JAGs, and that isn't helping the poor coaching. We have a weak WR room behind the first wave of guys. On defense, I don't even know what in the fuck to make of what kind of talent Texas has on that side because the coaching has been so thoroughly poor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

To be clear, BO&W doesn't even faintly speak for the rest of us here. I, personally, can't really figure out what a "youth movement" gets us at this point. I don't think Texas is loaded with talent, but it certainly has enough to win each of the games it lost this year. 

Now, are some of our players "not good", yes. We have a problem at QB where both main candidates have major flaws. They're both JAGs, and that isn't helping the poor coaching. We have a weak WR room behind the first wave of guys. On defense, I don't even know what in the fuck to make of what kind of talent Texas has on that side because the coaching has been so thoroughly poor.

Agreed.  Nothing on this roster is going to fix our shit OL, avg TE's, avg QB play, outside of Worthy (and Whittington who is never healthy) inconsistent and average receivers that should be #4 and #5 in rotation instead of #2 and #3.  We left so many points on the board last week solely due to player fuckups (missed throws, missed reads, drops, fumble, missed blocking assignments and dumb penalties killing drives) it's beyond ridiculous.  On D - who the fuck knows.  I would like to see Murphy and Ford get more like 1/2 the snaps instead of 1/3.  Bush hasn't played a single snap since OU so we can stop bitching about him.

• Like 1

On this I’m with you. For the guys that I’d say are “not good” aren’t devoid of ability but it’s more consistency or wtf coaching. And the consistency ties in to coaching as well. On defense, like you said, it’s hard to know. Worthy, even though he’s doing great things, is a poor blocker.

Our talent has put us in position to be 7-1. Players and coaches share responsibility in not finishing the job. It’s not one coach or player or unit. Nobody is stepping up and making the difference. Somebody, anybody make a play when it counts. Generally you feel like the offense has carried the team but damn if they haven’t left a number of plays on the field or let go of momentum on multiple occasions.

I’d say Keilan and Roschon would be the two with legit gripes about opportunities but look who they’re behind. A little hard to argue Bijan plays too much. Otherwise, you’d have to drill down to freshmen like Coffey, and I’m not sure it’s wise to introduce him to Breece Hall with a 20 yard head start and a two way go.

Now really checking out of this thread as a poster with my long ass posts and no recruiting value.

27 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I have Dish and I can watch games on ABC. It's NBC I don't have.

On the one hand, if I was wrong and could have actually watched the game last week, I am pissed. On the other hand, who gives a fuck - I saved myself a shitton of misery. can't decide whether to laugh or cry

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Had Enough said:

If you are going to throw those names, throw these out too - Coburn, Ovie, Davis. Wiley. Hell, Ford and Gbenda too. Ford played a lot in collapses versus OSU and BU. Adeoye.

Our damn problems exist at every level. Calling out players for lack of effort is one thing but for you and others unloading your supposed knowledge is chickenshit especially when lacking objectivity and understanding.

Who gives a shit what you think about the QB situation. You’re a dumbass hollering about Bush getting meaningful playing when he hasn’t played for shit the last two weeks. It may have been TCU where he didn’t play much either and only got lots of run versus OU because Jones got hurt. Hell, he’s the only one that actually drew a holding flag versus OU.
But keep bitching about him cause his lack of playing time sure as hell has bolstered our pass rush and 4th quarter defense the last two weeks.

Jones just came off a game in which somebody reviewed the tape and said he allowed no pressures.
He screws up sure but if you don’t see the good and potential it’s cause your head is up your ass.

Jerrin Thompson was the starter over Schooler but gave it up due to his poor performance against OU culminating with his incredibly weak effort on the final play. Thru OU I’m pretty damn certain Thompson played more snaps yet the bitching about Schooler is probably 10 times more and certainly more claims for Schooler to never see the field again. I said it elsewhere but Schooler was 3rd in tackles on a crappy Oregon team and had 4 INTs. So he was capable somewhere at some point.

You also have two dudes who made the biggest plays on defense last week. But sure run em off cause everybody else is whipping ass. Heaven forbid if the dudes responsible for rushing the passer actually make a big play. If they get just 1 big sack against BU, who knows what happens. One fumble. Anything.

Moore had a crappy game and somewhat of an up and down career, but he’s never done anything positive so throw his ass aside. Or maybe he’ll rebound like Worthy after TCU. And no shit he’s not as talented as Worthy.

I’m not even sure why people bitch about Brewer. He’s a good team player. Catches the balls thrown to him. Kinda does what 90% of tight ends do throughout the country. Damn him for not being a superstar.

You also have some juniors on there so I’d probably say Ojomo, Sweat and even guys like Adimora (he wasn’t particularly good last year) that haven’t played much should be on the DO NOT PLAY list. Let’s be honest Sweat and Ojomo haven’t produced like we’d all had hoped. You know Overshown he disappears at times and runs around blocks too much. That guy. That’s inexcusable for a senior.

Queue the scheme excuse for some but not others. I don’t care for the scheme based on what we’ve got either. A lot of bitching about role players when our is issue is lacking star power particularly on defense. Or at least the guys we thought could be stars aren’t playing as such.

I haven’t seen any practices, but it is quite possible that the effort and execution is complete dogshit for some. If that’s the case, they have no right to bitch about lack of playing time. There might be a few freshmen that could get some more run, but we’ve run a shit ton of guys out there and there aren’t many flashes. Collins is the one guy, but he’s getting opportunities now (and he was getting some earlier too) and we’re getting similar team results.

Even though this is the internets, there’s a better way of stating let’s play the younger guys more.

It’s just hard to imagine half you dudes not shitting your pants every other day in non football related activities the way you conduct yourselves here.

Thought you had enough?

2 hours ago, Had Enough said:

On this I’m with you. For the guys that I’d say are “not good” aren’t devoid of ability but it’s more consistency or wtf coaching. And the consistency ties in to coaching as well. On defense, like you said, it’s hard to know. Worthy, even though he’s doing great things, is a poor blocker.

Our talent has put us in position to be 7-1. Players and coaches share responsibility in not finishing the job. It’s not one coach or player or unit. Nobody is stepping up and making the difference. Somebody, anybody make a play when it counts. Generally you feel like the offense has carried the team but damn if they haven’t left a number of plays on the field or let go of momentum on multiple occasions.

I’d say Keilan and Roschon would be the two with legit gripes about opportunities but look who they’re behind. A little hard to argue Bijan plays too much. Otherwise, you’d have to drill down to freshmen like Coffey, and I’m not sure it’s wise to introduce him to Breece Hall with a 20 yard head start and a two way go.

Now really checking out of this thread as a poster with my long ass posts and no recruiting value.

On the one hand, your posts are OT, but on the other I don't have to suffer the AIDS of the football board to read them.  

angry gladiator GIF

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting