Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

This is about to be the worst Texas season in 60+ years. You have to go back to the year before Royal was hired to find a season that was worse. There’s no coming back from this for this coaching staff. None.

We can either keep Sark around and be a zombie program for two more years, then start over from scratch, or we can start over from scratch right now, those are the two options

Either way, we’re fucked, there’s no quick fix for this shit, we’re going to be in the wilderness for a while.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

This is about to be the worst Texas season in 60+ years. You have to go back to the year before Royal was hired to find a season that was worse. There’s no coming back from this for this coaching staff. None.

We can either keep Sark around and be a zombie program for two more years, then start over from scratch, or we can start over from scratch right now, those are the two options

Either way, we’re fucked, there’s no quick fix for this shit, we’re going to be in the wilderness for a while.

For a while longer. We’ve fucking been there for a decade

36 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

There's plenty to criticize without the drunk stuff.  Sark fought that battle and beat it, God bless him for that.  Whatever is happening on the field has nothing to do with his drinking or not drinking.

Nah. Dude is in over his head. If he’s not drinking (and that may be the problem), he’s about to start. The rest of us are. Never should have hired him. 

7 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Right. If we fire the worthless morherfucker now, we’ve lost one year. If we wait, we lose however many years it takes before we pull the trigger. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Going 4-8 with a 7 game losing streak including a loss to Kansas. This is not getting fixed by this staff and this HC. What a complete, embarrassing disaster. I wish I wasn’t a fan. I fucking hate who this program is at this point. 

Found myself actively rooting for Kansas to hold on because this was the only thing that could happen this year to shorten his tenure.

Garbage hire. Time to move on.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Nah. Dude is in over his head. If he’s not drinking (and that may be the problem), he’s about to start. The rest of us are. Never should have hired him. 

he might be a terrible head coach, but there's no need to be a terrible human being.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I doubt Bijan will portal out,  but I wouldn't blame him for sitting out next year.  

It’s honestly in his best interest to portal out. I don’t get the sense he’s that kind of guy, but going somewhere with a competent OL and QB play would certainly be the smart play. Nothing but risk if he sticks around here. He’ll get overworked and be subject to injury risk.

I still think we’ll do  better next year if we can land some transfers (which just got harder). Easier schedule, year 2, and the team hopefully won’t have quit.

With that said, this staff is clearly not the answer. The offense is a few players away from being good, but the defense and overall mindset is indefensible. 

Sark’s only chance, and it’s a slim one, is to crush the portal, replace the entire defensive staff, probably change the S&C staff, and hope for a culture change. Yikes. 

Edited by Tex-19
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RichUT said:

It’s honestly in his best interest to portal out. I don’t get the sense he’s that kind of guy, but going somewhere with a competent OL and QB play would certainly be the smart play. Nothing but risk if he sticks around here. He’ll get overworked and be subject to injury risk.

I could see him portal out if he had something to prove,  but he really doesn't.

Might be more value to the pros without the extra year of wear and tear on his body. 

edit: 

Edited by Laga4

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I still think we’ll do ok next year if we can land some transfers (which just got harder). 

With that said, this staff is clearly not the answer. The offense is a few players away from being good, but the defense and overall mindset is indefensible. 

Sark’s only chance, and it’s a slim one, is to crush the portal, replace the entire defensive staff, probably change the S&C staff, and hope for a culture change. Yikes. 

Did you not watch the game?  We lost a shootout to fucking Kansas.....

It took a late game TD just to take them to overtime....

What the hell have you watched this season that makes you think we will "do ok next year"

If maybe luck into a .500 record is your idea of "do ok"....I guess...

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

I still think we’ll do  better next year if we can land some transfers (which just got harder). Easier schedule, year 2, and the team hopefully won’t have quit.

Alabama and UTSA to open the year doesn't strike me as an easier schedule. Unless everyone else in the conference regresses big-time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Really bittersweet. I learned we lost one of the true Longhorn super fans today in a tough way. He was great guy and loved the Horns more than I’ll ever understand. 

He got to watch a natty while his eldest son was at UT. I think that was his greatest wish and he got it. Life is often hard. Many times it’s tragic, but sometimes every couple generations you get something wonderful. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 5

Just now, satyanash said:

Alabama and UTSA to open the year doesn't strike me as an easier schedule. Unless everyone else in the conference regresses big-time.

Big 12 should be weak due to amount of seniors in everyone else’s starting lineup. Better home/away schedule for us too. 

Obv Bama is a loss but we lost to Ark anyway so that’s a wash. UTSA is like ULL, a game we should win if we havent already quit by then. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Big 12 should be weak due to amount of seniors in everyone else’s starting lineup. Better home/away schedule for us too. 

Obv Bama is a loss but we lost to Ark anyway so that’s a wash. UTSA is like ULL, a game we should win if we havent already quit by then. 

We just lost to Kansas....ULL would boat race us if we played again....

Also we ain't putting 72 on Tech next year....

Edited by TexasRenegade

19 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Burn it to the fucking ground. We are not doing better next year unless we fire the coach, AD and everyone associated with Texas football and hire grown ups to run this shit. 

37 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Glad Sark set the bar as low as humanly possible for his penultimate season

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

let's just cool it on the drinking stuff yeah?

this shit is on defense, and that ultimately ends up at sark's feet. if he won't get rid of pk before Monday then he needs to excuse himself from this team.

• Fuck You 1

On 11/12/2021 at 5:17 PM, satyanash said:

QB Devin Brown, Corner Canyon (Draper, UT) (USC) – 2022 (OV): This recruitment has interesting written all over it. The odds Brown will sign with USC are slim. Texas, Ole Miss, Ohio State, and others have put in the time and have the four-star’s attention. The family likes Steve Sarkisian. Brown’s QB trainer, former Arizona State quarterback Rudy Carpenter, is a huge fan of Sark and what he can do with prospective signal-callers. There’s a small contingent that believe UT might quietly lead here. This weekend should tell us more.

31 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Saban loves beating the shit out of his former assistants.  Alabama is going to absolutely skull fuck us next year.

Honestly who cares. That is so far down on our priority list. Of course Bama is going to boat race us but this program is on the edge of never coming back and I mean that. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

Honestly who cares. That is so far down on our priority list. Of course Bama is going to boat race us but this program is on the edge of never coming back and I mean that. 

Yeah, this is probably only slightly hyperbolic. I mean, we will always have resources in a talent rich area along with tradition so it’s crazy to write us off forever, but every bit of flailing around and failed administration after failed administration leaves the climb out of the hole that much higher and that much harder. 
Yikes, it’s hard to believe how low we’ve gotten. 

11 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

You have two below average QB’s, one of whom is injured and the other who is a completely inexperienced redshirt freshman, and you think it’s reasonable to plant them in the pocket, throw downfield, with a collapsing offense line, just so they can either get stripped or pick sixed over and over?

Meanwhile, we watch Baylor hammer the run game down OU’s throat with a QB that is no better than ours. They never put the Baylor QB in situations where he’d make big mistakes.

Player mistakes are more likely to happen when they are put in positions where they don’t have the capabilities to be successful.  The coaches have to use the talent they have in a way to get the job done, not just blindly implement their schemes, even though they don’t have the talent to execute it. PK is doing the same thing on defense. 

We tried to run on Kansas early and couldn't. We got completely pushed around. Told me everything I needed to know and where that game was going to end up.

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

We tried to run on Kansas early and couldn't. We got completely pushed around. Told me everything I needed to know and where that game was going to end up.

An overtime loss?

All it did for me is torture me for 4 quarters for not following my own advice and bet the house on Kansas and the over. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting