Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

59 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This isn't going to be a popular take but the defense was much better against Kansas State without DMO at linebacker. I'm assuming DMO put on too much weight to play safety but I don't disagree with this take. 

The linebackers that played against Kansas State looked so much more natural at the position. Maybe it was because Kansas State is terrible but it was noticeable. 

Kansas State was completely one dimensional bc their QB couldn’t pass for shit.  A lot easier for LBs when they only have to focus on the run.  I bet Gbenda and Ford probably don’t look as great playing against Caleb Williams and offenses that can pass and when they also have coverage responsibilities.  I was happy to see better LB play but let’s not act as if they stopped a prolific offense.  DMO has a great skill set but needs to be used correctly.  Clemson knew how to use Isiah Simmons, Pk has no clue how to use DMO.  He’s not a traditional gap filling LB.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, victory88 said:

Kansas State was completely one dimensional bc their QB couldn’t pass for shit.  A lot easier for LBs when they only have to focus on the run.  I bet Gbenda and Ford probably don’t look as great playing against Caleb Williams and offenses that can pass and when they also have coverage responsibilities.  I was happy to see better LB play but let’s not act as if they stopped a prolific offense.  DMO has a great skill set but needs to be used correctly.  Clemson knew how to use Isiah Simmons, Pk has no clue how to use DMO.  He’s not a traditional gap filling LB.

I''ll chime in but I don't really buy this. 

The Arkansas QB is not good and their offense is fairly one dimensional. Overshown had the same issues in that game as the other games where there were more coverage responsibilities. 

23 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

What answer gets Surly the most excited if it's announced? 

A) Ewers to Texas

B) Banks flips to Texas

C) BJ Foster transfers

D) Patterson is hired

E) 6th Street's account gets banned

1. A.  - #1 overall recruit & helps with B

2. B.  - Need the OL help

3. D - Need the defensive and head coaching help

4. C - Who cares? He can transfer. He can sit on the bench and rot. He can get coached up by GP. Doesn't move the needle

5. E - Who cares? Isn't he on ignore anyhow?

Edited by Hornlover

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Which would crash the site more - Ewers to Texas or Ewers to Tech haha?

To tech. But I don’t understand why people with a Texas diploma are entertaining that as a remotely plausible ceremony. 
Just stop. Do we remember what happened with Beard?  He’d been to a national championship game. Tech did everything for him. They gave him a lifetime contract. We nodded in his direction and he was in Austin 24 hours later. 
You people need to take some Valium and chill. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Askew said:

As a contingency, is it crazy to want Savion Red over Winfield? Red's a dog and has more natural athleticism. Could also fill in as an APB. Reminds me of Jarvis Landry. Chain mover. We desperately need more of those. 

This is what makes this board great and shitty at the same time. Last week I witnessed doom and gloom that we were offering guys like Savion because we couldn’t close or hang on to better players. Now, a higher rated player wants to come back to us, and we would rather have the same jag that we were bitching about before. Outstanding!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Ahh yes, I’d recognize that golden prose anywhere. I believe that’s “Elegy in Chateau Marmont” from the award-winning book of poetry by the bard of our time, Charlie Sheen, known as A Piece of My Mind. Well done. 

Just using this post to ask a question, CTJ. Did the possibility of Ewers transferring here factor into your prediction that no QB on campus now would be starting for Texas next year?

It's likely been asked before, but I'd appreciate you saving me the shitpond wade to find out.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting