Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Surly going to surly, people bitching about getting a five star olineman now.   Lol. 

That isn’t happening. People just can’t read. I said I take Banks over Campbell, because he is a true LT. I’ll add he is at a huge position of need, perhaps the biggest need on the team. At no point did anyone say Texas doesn’t want or need Devon Campbell. Just my opinion, but I believe Banks was the biggest recruit in this cycle for Texas 

Edited by Codaxx

Just now, Codaxx said:

That isn’t happening. People just can’t read. I said I take Banks over Campbell, because he is a true LT. I’ll add he is at a huge position of need, perhaps the biggest need on the team. At no point did anyone say Texas doesn’t want or need Devon Campbell. 

Yeah, people are reacting because it's kind of stupid to say you want one over the other when our whole line is dog shit

34 minutes ago, Sarks Personal Bartender said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t really want a 360-pound 18 year old? I could do without Williams.

No one on surly (or in the world) is more anti-cube than I am - we want Williams with all the intensity of our surlyhate. He’s a fucking football player. 

• Hook 'Em 6

We all owe Sark and Flood apologies. All year long we thought they were getting their assess handed to them in OL recruiting, but no. Turns out they knew all along that Oregon and LSU would both be thrown into disarray, and the nation’s leading NIL program for OL would be created out of thin air by a Herculean effort from a handful of Texas fans just weeks before signing day. Out here playing 4D chess. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sal said:

Yeah, people are reacting because it's kind of stupid to say you want one over the other when our whole line is dog shit

Massive difference between replacing OT, which is Jones and nobody since Kerstetter left and the OGs. Even shitty has levels 

3 minutes ago, tokamak said:

We all owe Sark and Flood apologies. All year long we thought they were getting their assess handed to them in OL recruiting, but no. Turns out they knew all along that Oregon and LSU would both be thrown into disarray, and the nation’s leading NIL program for OL would be created out of thin air by a Herculean effort from a handful of Texas fans just weeks before signing day. Out here playing 4D chess. 

Well the smoke around the 2 OL decomitting from Oregon has been there for a while.

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Agbo, Banks, Campbell, Hutson, Robertson... Dewberry perhaps?

Everything points to Dewberry being a Aggy silent for a while and a bit of a outsider amongst the rest of these guys. But the other 5 and a transfer would be a haul that we should love. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

No one on surly (or in the world) is more anti-cube than I am - we want Williams with all the intensity of our surlyhate. He’s a fucking football player. 

Without a doubt. Texas has a dire need for Tackles. May not love the guards currently on campus, but there is at least a bunch of them 

6 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Maybe they spent the past 6 months pulling strings to ensure that Oklahoma, Ohio state, lsu, Oregon, and aggy all had impactful coaching changes that would improve our position with key recruits. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe they spent the past 6 months pulling strings to ensure that Oklahoma, Ohio state, lsu, Oregon, and aggy all had impactful coaching changes that would improve our position with key recruits. 

Sark has taken full control and advantage of the BOMC.

Texas finally recruiting well in the trenches

Steve Wiltfong

Spoiler

Texas finally recruiting well in the trenches

Steve Wiltfong

I recently wrote on the Horns247 message board that if five-stars in Kelvin Banks and Devon Campbell ultimately end up in Texas’s recruiting class, nothing else matters regarding how they close the 2022 class.

At that point, I already liked the way the Longhorns recruited around the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball and it was time to match that on the offensive front.

Texas has had terrific skill players, talented quarterbacks and good players in the secondary, but generally the toughness and play around the line of scrimmage has been lacking.

Well on Saturday Texas is halfway home to what I would call a monster finish with Banks jumping in the fold, choosing the Longhorns over the Aggies.

I added a 247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast in favor of Texas for Campbell too. Those would be potential program-changing wins.

Now Steve Sarkisian and his staff have to develop this group because on paper, the likes of Banks and Cole Hutson on offense and Jaray Bledsoe, J’mond Tapp, Justice Finkley, Kristopher Ross, Aaron Bryan, Zac Swanson and Derrick Brown on defense are good enough to win at the level this program yearns for.

Campbell would get them another step closer. Kam Dewberry too.

With Banks as the jewel of the class, Texas now sits at No. 7 in the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings. I can’t remember a time where Texas has recruited this well up front, even the 2018 and 2019 classes that finished No. 3 each year in the standings lacked on the offensive and defensive lines.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I want Williams, but I think its a less than 50% shot he ends up here. I think hes TCU bound. Dewberry on the other hand I feel like could be swayed by moment, and at worst its a 50/50 right now.

I think if we get Campbell and ewers to commit today dewberry says wassup 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting