Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Kid from College Station wearing a Baylor shirt commits to Tech. I'm going to assume that he hasn't been very heavily pursued yet.

Sounds weirdly like JPU. Kid at a central Texas HS wears aggy shirts to school all the time. Commits to and signs with Baylor. Then transfers to Texas when Briles gets canned. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

If Dewberry can’t see and feel what UT is building and want to be apart of it then he get what he gets. We’ve already gotten one big fish with another one ready to be reeled in. We can live without the Dew

He will get to live in some Soviet 70's vintage off campus apartments miles from civilization where he can buy and smoke all the pot he desires and attend his online classes.   He can collect his weekly NIL checks from Lucci at TexAgs every Monday despite not attending the tractor pull or making it to the fair in Normangee. 

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Sometimes takes a couple of years for that injury. As a lower end take it's not a bad gamble. Fozzy didn't look nearly the same at first but a few years later he was getting NFL snaps. 

I don't necessarily disagree.

However, for this class in particular I would lean away from taking flyers on injured guys with long recovery timelines. We need contributors all throughout the depth chart, ASAP. I could see keeping this guy warm until NSD2, but even then I would rather look to the portal. Also need more durability on the roster. 

1 minute ago, Askew said:

I don't necessarily disagree.

However, for this class in particular I would lean away from taking flyers on injured guys with long recovery timelines. We need contributors all throughout the depth chart, ASAP. I could see keeping this guy warm until NSD2, but even then I would rather look to the portal. Also need more durability on the roster. 

We seem pretty set at RB in the near future.  That's one position where I'm fine taking risks.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Goddammit this made me think of Chris Hall.

Think about how you can count the Texas OL that have been superior to him since he graduated on one hand. Fortunatly, this class is setting up to be the best positioned to do something about that since, shit, I don't even know.

1 hour ago, Burntcowboy said:

If Dewberry can’t see and feel what UT is building and want to be apart of it then he get what he gets. We’ve already gotten one big fish with another one ready to be reeled in. We can live without the Dew

"apart"?  What the fuck is wrong with you?

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting