Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Outside of Banks, I am in favor redshirting every other OL (including Campbell). As someone pointed out, Conner should have been afforded a redshirt year last year but it's probably good he got his feet wet a little. Conner and Angilau can hold down the two guard spots and Campbell would be in perfect position to take over when Angilau departs after the season.

You can play 3-4 games and still redshirt.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Octavian said:

Is there actually any smoke with the Brocks? Tommy B plus Banks at either end of the line would be unreal.

There will always be smoke with the Brocks because of their dad, their brother at UT, coach Flood, and fat pancake stacks.

They weren't even on the depth chart this year - there's always a chance because of the multiple connections that exist.

Outside of Banks, I am in favor redshirting every other OL (including Campbell). As someone pointed out, Conner should have been afforded a redshirt year last year but it's probably good he got his feet wet a little. Conner and Angilau can hold down the two guard spots and Campbell would be in perfect position to take over when Angilau departs after the season.

The best 5 OL should play, true freshman or otherwise, with the caveat that if guys are generally equal you try to redshirt the youths. Banks is probably the only one I’d be surprised to see redshirt, as I expect him to compete at LT. I could see him move Jones over to RT given his pass blocking ability and having Jones/Karic compete at RT. Plenty of talk of Jones to guard but he honestly profiles pretty well to the huge mauler RT archetype Flood seems to go for.

Campbell maybe on the two deep but I think it’ll be like Connor this year - once he plays four games it’s a break glass in case of emergency kind of situation. Cam Williams is a bit of a project and should redshirt.

Edit: on mobile, did not realize I was on 1000. Obligatory:

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting