Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I guess I shouldn't rule out Elijah Robinson to Temple either. Apparently, Fran Brown and Robinson are very close and have worked together a lot. 

So I guess Brown could make Robinson his DC at Temple. But seems like a lateral type move for Robinson unless he wants to call plays. 

FWIW, Robinson is the DL coach only, no co DC title

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

I guess I shouldn't rule out Elijah Robinson to Temple either. Apparently, Fran Brown and Robinson are very close and have worked together a lot. 

So I guess Brown could make Robinson his DC at Temple. But seems like a lateral type move for Robinson unless he wants to call plays. 

Robinson might take DC under Elko in ACC, but no way he's taking a DC at Temple in AAC.. he's currently the highest paid DL coach in FBS at almost $900K/yr.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Robinson might take DC under Elko in ACC, but no way he's taking a DC at Temple in AAC.. he's currently the highest paid DL coach in FBS at almost $900K/yr.

I think it's a lateral move in terms of money but it's not always about money. Some want to move up from position coach to coordinator. We just saw it with Elko because Duke is not a good job. 

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

I think it's a lateral move in terms of money but it's not always about money. Some want to move up from position coach to coordinator. We just saw it with Elko because Duke is not a good job. 

Playcalling duties would do it and it would elevate him for future jobs as well.

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I guess we're in a top 4 for Jaron Willis? Out of nowhere. Ole Miss insiders (perceived leader) don't even reference Texas and I'm not sure he's visited

https://www.on3.com/news/four-star-lb-jaron-willis-focused-on-four-schools-prior-to-signing/

https://www.on3.com/db/jaron-willis-57006/

They needed 4 hats for the table.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting