Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

22 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

How is the Burke kid’s eating ability?  Because he’s gonna need to eat a bunch.

I wonder how much of what he normally eats gets burned off by lacrosse. Maybe a year or two of eating, lifting, and not playing lacrosse will help him add weight.

*disclaimer-I know almost nothing about lacrosse and may be talking out of my ass.  

Edited by Marcusshelton
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Marcusshelton said:

I wonder how much of what he normally eats gets burned off by lacrosse? Maybe a year or two of eating, lifting, and not playing lacrosse will help him add weight.

*disclaimer-I know nothing about lacrosse and may be talking out of my ass.  

You might be onto something. Whenever I walked by their practices to/from the football field in hs, the lax bros seemed like they were just running.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

6D94F56A-F578-4DAC-AE6B-00B18D0AB845.jpeg

One of the write-up's on Neto mentioned that his Texas visit didn't go that well, but that McCombs School of Business + Flood's relationship helped close the deal.  

His buddy that is an aggy 247 poster, mentioned Neto was really struggling with his decision...  

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I think it was Gerry who said the first time Neto tried to commit on a call from his coach’s office at school Flood told him to go home and talk it over with his parents first.  So then we had the midnight thing and he said it was like a weight lifted.  Clearly this is a kid who has an uncle.

FTFY

Nick at Nite [we're already discussing all this]:

Spoiler

More late night drama in the Texas recruiting world could have the Longhorns sweating out a commitment from an offensive lineman.

We are hearing the buzz that Allen (Texas) four-star offensive line commit Neto Umeozulu, who just made his commitment on Monday, could be mulling a flip on Wednesday. After talking to sources, we have indeed heard he is having second thoughts on his commitment but we aren't sure there is anything that will happen just yet.

The Texas staff is aware and working the situation.

This will be one that we will work to pick up information on in the morning ahead of his official signing.

---

In another late night development, there is increasing buzz that Galena Park (Texas) North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris may not make his decision on Wednesday. If he does decide to push, the door is open for Texas after Texas A&M had been the school making the big run this week.

However, Harris is an early enrollee so a decision would either need to be made soon or he would simply enroll at his school of choice in January. We will be watching this one closely tomorrow as well.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting