Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

it's unfortunate.

left a ton of NIL money on the table i'm sure. the odds of Deion coaching there until he graduates is basically zero (remember he publicly campaigned for the TCU job) and the odds of him turning into a 1st rd pick from there are very, very, very low based on everything we know about history.

maybe he is Ed Oliver, but Houston != Jackson State.

good luck to him

Is there a history of #1 overall players going to HBCUs? If he’s a shutdown guy and special teams star and Deion is coaching there, he’ll get on Sportscenter. If it’s not working well, he’ll transfer in a year or two. 

Just now, NoName said:

i can say with 100% certainty i didn't have Barstool offering a huge NIL to get a black player to a HBCU anywhere on my bingo card

think about how angry most of their viewers are going to be once this becomes official lol

They will do whatever their god tells them to do. Which means buying more really bad pizza. 

46 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I vividly remember my dream last night. My whole family was on a boat in a storm. A huge waved capsized the boat. We were all scattered. The waves were raging. Somehow, we all swam together and locked arms and I knew we would support each other. We would survive. That was the moment I woke up. Sitting there in bed and thinking about this dream, that was when I realized that the most important thing in my life was Texas Football recruiting. 

swam4texas sock confirmed

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

i can say with 100% certainty i didn't have Barstool offering a huge NIL to get a black player to a HBCU anywhere on my bingo card

think about how angry most of their viewers are going to be once this becomes official lol

They will do whatever their god tells them to do. Which means buying more really bad pizza. 

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

Gerry - Finkley mic drop tweet means something.

I have known and liked Gerry for years. But he really did learn from the worst. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Peroni saying they’re having a hard time tracking down anything in Stewart? Anyone have the post?

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

Gerry - Finkley mic drop tweet means something.

Damnit you assholes have me believing in Stewart again.

2 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Yeah. He could totally just pull a Quinn and go wherever he wants next year if he doesn’t like it.

Not sure what impact this has on the 1 free transfer, but moving from FCS to FBS has always offered immediate eligiblity. Is it possible that he would retain his one free transfer even if he did move from Jackson State to a Power 5 school? I'm not sure he's giving up any future flexibility by going FCS out of high school. It's an interesting situation though.

3 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Is there a history of #1 overall players going to HBCUs? If he’s a shutdown guy and special teams star and Deion is coaching there, he’ll get on Sportscenter. If it’s not working well, he’ll transfer in a year or two. 

it's more that the number of top recruits going to non P5 programs is very small. the odds of him maximizing his potential at a non P5 (or even G5) program is basically nothing - he could be some incredible athlete but he is leaving money on the table, leaving education on the table, leaving nutrition on the table, leaving coaching o the table, leaving a LOT on the table w/r/t his future.

glad he is going there and i wish him luck but i can't imagine he finishes there at all - either following Deion or transferring to a better opportunity. if he is all conference/all american then people are just going to say "well, look at the talent comparison"

the difference between being the 10th overall pick (total contract value of 20.2m and a 12m signing bonus) vs 20th overall (13.7m and 7.3m signing bonus) is huge. 30th is 11.6m and 5.8m signing bonus.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I am rooting for Murphy. He seems like a solid dude. 

man me too. hes shown nothing but class this entire recruiting cycle.  hes had every opportunity to back up but has stayed strong and helped with recruiting the entire way.  i hope he gets every bit the shot quinn does. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

it's unfortunate.

left a ton of NIL money on the table i'm sure. the odds of Deion coaching there until he graduates is basically zero (remember he publicly campaigned for the TCU job) and the odds of him turning into a 1st rd pick from there are very, very, very low based on everything we know about history.

maybe he is Ed Oliver, but Houston != Jackson State.

good luck to him

I don't know if you have seen the news. The guy can transfer out and follow Deion.

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Ewers is not calculated as part of the class on the 247 composite, correct?

True. But if you're looking on 247, they have a toggle where you can choose 'overall' on the class rank and it will calculate the recruiting class and transfer class together.  Our sole transfer, QE, pushes our class from #4 to #5 when you do. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

No anger here, I find this move incredibly entertaining and interesting in the sense that (assuming it happens and the Barstool NIL thing is real) it will be the first notable example of NIL working to a non P5/G5 school's benefit.

If that becomes a thing, good for the parity of college football, though will be curious to see whether this is a one-off phenomenon (stars aligning with a superstar HC at a HBCU, David vs. Goliath type victory, that's a big enough story to get Barstool-esque media types to try and take advantage with their marketing budget) or a sign of things to come. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gidnik said:

man me too. hes shown nothing but class this entire recruiting cycle.  hes had every opportunity to back up but has stayed strong and helped with recruiting the entire way.  i hope he gets every bit the shot quinn does. 

IMHO, he needs some time and seasoning.

His ceiling is similar to Quinn’s.

1 minute ago, Ignatius said:

He was the best cover corner I’ve ever seen and one of the top 5 returners as well….

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

He's always been a dickhead.

both of these are truth

on the other hand, if he did NOT get the pass knocked down or intercepted, WR didn't have to worry about being tackled. or bumped into. or impeding his path in any way

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting