Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Dewberry, Thompson, Neto.. just cause you don't like the odds doesn't mean the staff won't give it a try.. and hopefully have positive results on the field and with some individual players ascending in their respective roles

I agree with this. There are about 8 guys who we both really want and have a reasonably good chance of landing. That would basically complete the class and put us in the top 5-10 in recruiting. Sark will have done a good job even if he did miss on a lot of targets. Winning this year would open the door on a lot of uncommitted recruits who we don't currently have a good shot at landing. Think out of state high 4 star to 5 star recruits. This would propel us into the upper recruiting echelon. Lose some games that we should win and don't pay and act nonchalant and without urgency and miss out on top targets and we are looking about like we do now with a top 10-20 recruiting class. But in all these scenarios, don't expect a lot of flips from A&M and tOSU. It will be done with remaining targets and new out of state options.

8 minutes ago, golfclap said:

You guys know that OU is not having any issues with the SEC 2025/2022 conversations, right? They have increased their momentum (esp with the 2023 class in Texas) with the move to the SEC. 

Stop trying to find excuses and boogeyman, Occam's razor is your guide, this staff is simply not getting the job done. 

They were crushing it before the SEC announcement.  

24 minutes ago, golfclap said:

You guys know that OU is not having any issues with the SEC 2025/2022 conversations, right? They have increased their momentum (esp with the 2023 class in Texas) with the move to the SEC. 

Stop trying to find excuses and boogeyman, Occam's razor is your guide, this staff is simply not getting the job done. 

Would you say our teams 'situations' are similar?  

19 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I'm talking about ou.  They don't need the SEC to recruit well.  They do this thing called.....wait for it.....winning and......wait for it......player development.  

They always seem to land 5* players at skilled positions and that was enough to dominate the Big 12.

A guy like Banks has a reputation as a top recruiter, but does that predate his time at Bama? He was there from 2018-2020, so at the time he was hired they had won 5 of the last 9 national championships. Looks like he was part of some nice classes early in his tenure at aggy (coming off the JFF high) but then they trailed off a little to just "okay".

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

A guy like Banks has a reputation as a top recruiter, but does that predate his time at Bama? He was there from 2018-2020, so at the time he was hired they had won 5 of the last 9 national championships. Looks like he was part of some nice classes early in his tenure at aggy (coming off the JFF high) but then they trailed off a little to just "okay".

He was dogshit at A&M. Honestly. Not trying to be a dick, but I couldn't believe yall hired him. Or Terry Joseph, for that matter.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

35 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

One hiccup in showing recruits the product on the field this fall will be the officiating.  With the announcement of leaving the Irate 8, I expect to see calls worse than that OSU game being made against us on a weekly basis.  

So just like every other season

7 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

He was dogshit at A&M. Honestly. Not trying to be a dick, but I couldn't believe yall hired him. Or Terry Joseph, for that matter.

So much dogshit that Saban hired him and was pissed to see him go after keeping him around for many years?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Since it needs to be repeated apparently,  massive flips basically never happen if a kid commits elsewhere the odds of Texas flipping them are slim. So people thinking that if Sark wins 10 games we are going to see tons of blue chips flip to Texas and secure a top 5 class are going extremely disappointed. The last massive flip event I can think of was UGA in 2017 but that with a SEC conference title, title game appearance, bagmen dropping off ford raptors, and Kirby showing photo's of Sabans recruiting board to make that happen. So I feel it's pretty safe to say Texas isn't going todo that. 

We flipped Troy Omeire from aggy after like 4 games based on film alone.

Bryce Anderson has already decommitted once, Ewers basically flipped to tOSU and just took a while to announce it. 

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that it could happen, but it probably won't unless a massive wave of momentum occurs in our favor.

Aggy is likely to get a pretty big one with their upcoming commitments and cupcake schedule.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

You think the brand new Texas staff should go toe to toe with possibly the best offensive mind in college football who coaches for a team that has won 9 plus games for 20 years and has two recent heisman QB’s that we’re also drafted #1 overall. All the while making the college football playoffs damn near every year and beating the doors off of us and the rest of the big 12 for the better part of 20 years. That sounds reasonable. I’m on board with this narrative 100%. What could they be selling that we can’t, am I right? You should help them sell the nfl, player development and all the big time winning we have done man. Should be easy before we have played a single game. 

Am I Right Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, burdine said:

Getting the date of the SEC move settled would help a lot too.

Nobody likes uncertainty and besides OU, our competition can take advantage.

This. Say what you want about Sark's ability to close but after years of UT coaches (and months for the current staff) having to counter the SEC pitch, the move only affirms what the SEC coaches have been selling to our recruits. Until the timeline moves up from 2025, the announcement might actually make recruiting harder.

Edited by Baconboy

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

What a horrendous take. 

Banks was considered A&M's top recruiter when he was there and it's why Saban hired him. 

no see everyone not associated  with christ lord jimbo is dogshit and the reason aggy never won now they have their savior jimbo to take them to the top with his infallible staff selections

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We flipped Troy Omeire from aggy after like 4 games based on film alone.

Bryce Anderson has already decommitted once, Ewers basically flipped to tOSU and just took a while to announce it. 

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that it could happen, but it probably won't unless a massive wave of momentum occurs in our favor.

Aggy is likely to get a pretty big one with their upcoming commitments and cupcake schedule.

not to add fuel to the doom-and-gloom contingent, but winning isn't just about flipping guys, or about late-deciders.  it's about keeping recruits we already have.

also someone like devon campbell, who seems to be trending in the right direction - a rocky start and getting worked in dallas isn't what that dude needs to see to bolster his lean.

20 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

What a horrendous take. 

Banks was considered A&M's top recruiter when he was there and it's why Saban hired him. 

Who considered him a&m's top recruiter? His reputation was for taking "recruiting trip" vacations and coming back empty handed. I can't think of anyone he landed.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, jordanaggie said:

Who considered him a&m's top recruiter? His reputation was for taking "recruiting trip" vacations and coming back empty handed. I can't think of anyone he landed.

Holy shit, we can't have honest conversations if you're sticking to the take that Jeff Banks does not have a great reputation.

2 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

https://247sports.com/coach/jeff-banks-756/

Go find a different board aggy. You really think Nick Saban hired somebody that sucks? You're a fucking idiot. 

Almost everyone in the country considers Banks to be one of the top recruiters. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

https://247sports.com/coach/jeff-banks-756/

Go find a different board aggy. You really think Nick Saban hired somebody that sucks? You're a fucking idiot. 

Almost everyone in the country considers Banks to be one of the top recruiters. 

He did just hire Jay Valai. But Valai has all those ins with Texas trainers, so he does have an elite facet to his portfolio.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting