Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

They make it sound like Savion Red is a sought after commodity.  I though he was our backup plan if we whiff on what we actually want?  Atleast I hope, when was the last time (other than Roshon) a tween project guy did anything for this team?

D'Onte Foreman?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He’s been very much a target since he was offered. Being offered as RB2. 

We have much better RB 2 and 3 and 4 right now….  Just saying, he would never see the field at RB. Hell we got K Rob and he never sees the field, this guy won’t touch it and is a waste.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Somehow every point you make is less sensical than the last.

It’s part battered longhorn syndrome that’s use to wasted recruits….  We normally don’t do much with guys like this and with the money now we will get better guys then this.  My prediction is he doesn’t see the field much and I’d say that has a much better chance of happening then him being a star player.  Talk to me again in a few years.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

It’s part battered longhorn syndrome that’s use to wasted recruits….  We normally don’t do much with guys like this and with the money now we will get better guys then this.  My prediction is he doesn’t see the field much and I’d say that has a much better chance of happening then him being a star player.  Talk to me again in a few years.  

Not every player is a star. Great teams have RoJos to fill in the gaps. 

• Hook 'Em 1

No telling if he plays or not ever but IMO changing the soft ass mentality that has plagued our program over the years by bringing in backups that want to get physical is a good thing.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Looks it’s Lebron doing the look at me I’m the greatest!   He’s either talking about himself or flopping, those two things prove he’s not the greatest.    

22 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

They make it sound like Savion Red is a sought after commodity.  I though he was our backup plan if we whiff on what we actually want?  Atleast I hope, when was the last time (other than Roshon) a tween project guy did anything for this team?

13 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

There’s plenty of better proven receivers in the portal now…..

12 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

We have much better RB 2 and 3 and 4 right now….  Just saying, he would never see the field at RB. Hell we got K Rob and he never sees the field, this guy won’t touch it and is a waste.  

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave now.

11 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

Definitely.  Not sure where Savion got the WR idea, looks like he mainly played a wildcat position from watching his HUDL clips.  He looks like a violent runner but not necessarily a mauler at RB. 

He was a WR before his senior year. They moved him to QB because he was by far the best athlete on the team and that’s what happens in HSFB all the time. It’s the quickest way to get the ball to your best playmaker.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

He was a WR before his senior year. They moved him to QB because he was by far the best athlete on the team and that’s what happens in HSFB all the time. It’s the quickest way to get the ball to your best playmaker.

This is the kid with a 4.5 s shuttle and 29-inch vertical, right? Could easily be a "tallest midget" situation.

• Fuck You 2

Just now, satyanash said:

This is the kid with a 4.5 s shuttle and 29-inch vertical, right? Could easily be a "tallest midget" situation.

Probably. But they did win on the field like they never have before and it was this kid single handedly by all accounts. Banks wants him. If he’s a special teams terror then it won’t be a scholarship wasted I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I guess neither side is interested re Everhart?

He would almost commit on the spot. Cant remember wanting a kid to get an offer like this since Quandre Diggs. 

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Samples?

Dont know. I just know Drayton doesnt pull his weight in recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

He would almost commit on the spot. Cant remember wanting a kid to get an offer like this since Quandre Diggs. 

I don't disagree but at the same time he is coaching the best and deepest group on the team with perhaps the best player leadership. Not sure we need to upset that apple cart.

5 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I don't disagree but at the same time he is coaching the best and deepest group on the team with perhaps the best player leadership. Not sure we need to upset that apple cart.

I think hes a really good coach. He's done an especially good job with Roschon. I would just like to see us with an ace recruiter at that spot. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Everyone knows he doesn’t help in recruiting, but isn’t he a legitimate positive in helping land highly rated RB’s because they know once on campus they will receive strong coaching to prepare them for the NFL?

edit: just answered above

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Probably. But they did win on the field like they never have before and it was this kid single handedly by all accounts. Banks wants him. If he’s a special teams terror then it won’t be a scholarship wasted I guess. 

Has been discussed that Red has had some maturity issues... Dudes definitely a baller 100%.

Might provide some attitude, toughness, and physicality that is desperately needed on this Texas Football team.  

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting