Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

39 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He did get worthy, but that was as much off the moribund feeling around Michigan’s offense and Harbaugh as it was anything. And just like we’re taking huge advantage over everything seemingly breaking in our favor, I’ll happily take it. But pretending it was just one man and not also the field is absurd. How does this class look if Ewers sticks at Ohio St? If Cristobal sticks at Oregon? I’ll take it, but let’s forget key context as we go writing the narrative. 

Go re-read the post, I didn't forget "Granted, Sark has seen numerous coaching changes play in his favor." I have my narrative, you can have yours.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sark got his ass kicked on recruiting trail during summer, he got his ass kicked during the season so he deserves the bashing. If he closes out strong then we should praise him but it doesn’t excuse summer when he could have locked these recruitments down and it doesn’t excuse 5-7 and losing to Kansas. 

I'm going to make the assumption that you own your own house. Did you close on it when you went to the open house with the realtor or was it when you went to the title company and signed on the dotted line? You and I have 2 different ideas of closing obviously. He can't technically close on any of these recruits until next Wed. Just saying.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I'm going to make the assumption that you own your own house. Did you close on it when you went to the open house with the realtor or was it when you went to the tile company and signed on the dotted line? You and I have 2 different ideas of closing obviously. He can't technically close on any of these recruits until next Wed. Just saying.

Fine. If that’s your metric, then we’ll say every time a recruit committed elsewhere or decommitted, sark just failed the credit check and financial obligations to qualify. Way more flattering. Well done. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

D Brown looking to get to 10k on Twitter. Follow him if you will. He’s done good work for us all year long. 

https://twitter.com/dbrownolb10/status/1469449402180071431?s=21

I stopped following Texas commits going on two cycles now but Derrick Brown earned that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sark got his ass kicked on recruiting trail during summer, he got his ass kicked during the season so he deserves the bashing. If he closes out strong then we should praise him but it doesn’t excuse summer when he could have locked these recruitments down and it doesn’t excuse 5-7 and losing to Kansas. 

This. It's not that complicated.

30 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I'm going to make the assumption that you own your own house. Did you close on it when you went to the open house with the realtor or was it when you went to the tile company and signed on the dotted line? You and I have 2 different ideas of closing obviously. He can't technically close on any of these recruits until next Wed. Just saying.

That's a retarded comparison. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - The Santa Rally
23 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I remember USC used to get most of their big name recruits on the week of signing day. Maybe that is Sark’s style?  

The Mack brown recruiting style was much better for my sanity and work production. This shit along with Strong’s recruiting ‘method’ is pure uncut insanity. 

Gerry: 

The Texas Longhorns are looking to sign a top 5 class.

And the stars could be aligning for Steve Sarkisian and staff to pull it off.

With former 5-star quarterback and Ohio State transfer Quinn Ewers (Southlake, Texas/Carroll) expected on campus in Austin shortly, recruiting has since again gone to a fever pitch level.

And then there is On3 Consensus 5-star OT Kelvin Banks (Humble, Texas/Summer Creek) and the decommitment from Oregon December 7. Banks was already considering staying close to home for family reasons, but Mario Cristobal leaving for Miami made the decision much easier and smoother.

Now five days out from national signing day, the Longhorns have a realistic shot at signing a top 5 class.

The Texas targets and possibilities still on the board:

Quarterback

Quinn Ewers, Southlake (Texas) Carroll

The Ohio State transfer and former On3 Consensus No. 1 ranked prospect in the 2021 class (after reclassifying) is scheduled to be in Austin shortly. On3 likes Texas chances.

Running back/receiver

Savion Red, Grand Prairie (Texas)

The former SMU verbal is making an official visit to Texas this weekend. This one will come down to a Sunday morning meeting with Steve Sarkisian, more than likely.

Wide receiver

Evan Stewart, Frisco (Texas) Liberty

The On3 Consensus 5-star and Texas A&M commit is worth the try all the way up to signing day.

Shazz Preston, Saint James (La.)

The On3 Consensus 4-star is making an official visit to Alabama this weekend, and the Crimson Tide want the high-end ball winner. LSU is also very much in the hunt. Steve Sarkisian and staff made an in-home last week. Georgia rounds out the final four. This would be an upset win for Texas.

Armani Winfield, Lewisville (Texas)

Decommitters remorse could be in play here. With that said, Michigan State has done a great job making the On3 Consensus 4-star feel like a priority for weeks. Baylor is also making a serious run.

Offensive line

Kelvin Banks, OT, Humble (Texas) Summer Creek

The On3 Consensus 5-star will have some news around lunch time. And that is not bad for the Longhorns. Banks is likely to be on campus in Austin later this morning.

Devon Campbell, IOL, Arlington (Texas) Bowie

The On3 Consensus 5-star cancelled a visit to USC and then cancelled a visit to Georgia this week. Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian, Kyle Flood and Jeff Banks were in-home Thursday. The Longhorns began this recruitment as the leader. Texas is feeling pretty good about the ending as of Friday. Alabama Is in the picture, but Nick Saban didn’t make an in-home. Campbell is a maybe to sign December 15, and keep quiet until announcing at the Under Armour All-America Game January 2.

Neto Umeozulu, OT, Allen (Texas)

Your guess is as good as mine with the On3 Consensus 4-star. He cancelled an in-home with Kyle Flood earlier in the week to go to Baylor for the day, Then Flood was by Allen Thursday morning to see Umeozulu before heading to Summer Creek for the day. Now Umeozulu is reported to be at Oklahoma this weekend. TCU was working to get him on campus Sunday. Alabama is in it. USC is in it. I’m a go big or go home guy by nature. I’m going home predicting this recruitments ending right now.

Kam Dewberry, IOL, Humble (Texas) Atascocita

The On3 Consensus 4-star is scheduled to be at Texas A&M today. Texas is also under the impression that he will make his way to Austin today. Will he make visits to both? We shall see shortly. That’s where the decision will come from. Mom prefers Texas A&M. Kenyon Green’s family has some pull here. Kam loves Austin, really likes Kyle Flood and the early opportunity at Texas. Dewberry will announce December 15.

Earnest Greene, IOL, Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco

Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood made an in-home earlier in the week. There is a though that it’s Alabama vs. Texas. Alabama has been trending. Georgia head coach Kirby Smart didn’t make an in-home, which suggests the Alabama trend. Ohio State is also in the hunt, and were considered the favorite at one point. This would be an upset win by the Longhorns.

Cameron Williams, OT, Duncanville (Texas)

The On3 Consensus 4-star will wait until February to sign. Mario Cristobal is excited to have another opportunity to win back a tackle he covets. Texas has had in-home visits with Williams the last two weeks. The Longhorns are very much in it. As is Texas A&M, and possibly TCU. Florida is trying, but on the peripheral for now.

Malik Agbo, IOL, Federal Way (Wash.) Todd Beamer

The On3 Consensus 4-star is considered a heavy lean to Texas barring the unforeseen. Auburn is likely the silver medalist. Kyle Flood has made the flight from Austin to Seattle each of the last two weeks. Agbo is big on broadcasting as a future job, and Texas has a strong appeal in that regard. Along with playing in a football crazy state.

Linebacker/Star

Harold Perkins, Cypress (Texas)Cy Park

The On3 Consensus 5-star will announce his decision January 2 during the Under Armour All-America Game, and sign in February. That means there is A LOT of recruiting left in this battle between Texas A&M, Texas and LSU. Steve Sarkisian made his in-home visit on Wednesday night. And the staff put on a show that impressed Perkins. Jimbo Fisher and Brian Kelly saved their in-homes for January, from what I was told Friday. I’m double checking that. Perkins is scheduled to be at Texas A&M today. Will he be in Austin too? We shall see.

Safety

Bryce Anderson, Beaumont (Texas) West Brook

The On3 Consensus 4-star and Texas A&M verbal has some thinking to do after Mike Elko left to be the head coach at Duke. For the Texas A&M early enrollees on defense, that is likely the case. Texas has never given up on Anderson, and was in contact with the family Friday.

Kendrick Law, S/ATH, Shreveport (La.) Captain Shreve

Texas tried hard to get the On3 Consensus 4-star back on campus again this weekend. Which tells you just how much Blake Gideon likes the Pelican State prospect. Law is making an official visit to LSU. Nick Saban and Mike Norvell were in-home on Monday. This recruitment has always been leaning to another I-20 battle between Nick Saban and LSU.

Larry Turner-Gooden, Bishop Alemany (Calif.) Mission Hills

The On3 Consensus 4-star is considered a lean to Texas barring a late change. The numbers game could get tricky at defensive back on Monday.

Cornerback

Denver Harris, Houston (Texas) North Shore

The On3 Consensus 5-star had an in-home visit with Steve Sarkisian and staff last night. Texas and Texas A&M are duking it out on this one. Both sides have confidence.

Terrance Brooks, Little Elm (Texas)

The On3 Consensus 4-star and Ohio State verbal had in-home visits with Ryan Day and Steve Sarkisian Thursday. The new defensive coordinator hire at Ohio State has left the Brooks family wondering if Kerry Coombs will be back next season. Coombs record of player development was a deciding factor in July. Texas has never given up on this one with a lot of quiet recruiting work by Terry Joseph. Joseh had a very good relationship with the Brooks family while at Notre Dame.

Xavion Brice, Arlington (Texas) Seguin

The Oklahoma commitment and member of the On300 is making an official visit to Texas this weekend. While he made a trip to Texas Tech last weekend, the decision will likely be Texas or Oklahoma. Will Brice get caught up in a numbers game in Austin? Not out of the question.

• Hook 'Em 3

They make it sound like Savion Red is a sought after commodity.  I though he was our backup plan if we whiff on what we actually want?  Atleast I hope, when was the last time (other than Roshon) a tween project guy did anything for this team?

Edited by Hook1997

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

They make it sound like Savion Red is a sought after commodity.  I though he was our backup plan if we whiff on what we actually want?  Atleast I hope, when was the last time (other than Roshon) a tween guy project did anything for this team?

We already whiffed on Jamarion Miller and he is the backup plan. There you go.

Just now, Hook1997 said:

They make it sound like Savion Red is a sought after commodity.  I though he was our backup plan if we whiff on what we actually want?  Atleast I hope, when was the last time (other than Roshon) a tween guy project did anything for this team?

Think Red is RB2. 

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

They make it sound like Savion Red is a sought after commodity.  I though he was our backup plan if we whiff on what we actually want?  Atleast I hope, when was the last time (other than Roshon) a tween project guy did anything for this team?

He’s been very much a target since he was offered. Being offered as RB2. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting