Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

8 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Looks like the kids made it easy for the waitress to remember their orders.

Indeed. Monkey see monkey do. 

5 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

Looks like you got shafted on the gravy. 

I did a little bit. But where it got really ugly is all 3 of them asked for my chicken friend steak and then my hash browns and I ended up eating about half my breakfast is all because of those scavengers. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know shit about him but those measurables are better than RoJo's. The same guy simultaneously whining about top prospects being unproductive but also about recruiting straight up football players simply shows he wants to whine like a little bitch and nothing is going to stop him. 

I'm not saying Red is going to be awesome, but I am saying that the Texas football team could use some more football players versus showcase testing stars. Hopefully he's one of them if he signs here. 

I think Red is a good take as RB2 to a Blue/Miller type. Football players are football players 

Hola! Hola! Hola! ... 

Breakfast Bites: Big day for Texas recruiting

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Breakfast Bites: Big day for Texas recruiting

Mike Roach

— As we reported last night, we've heard rumors Kelvin Banks will be in Austin today. While we haven't been able to fully confirm it, a source I spoke to this morning told me they believe Banks is either in Austin at the moment or on his way.  We will continue to work on verification. As we said last night, things are trending in a very positive direction with Banks pointing to a 1 PM announcement today. It sounds like Texas went in last night and crushed the visit. Today could be a big day for Kyle Flood, Steve Sarkisian and the rest of the Texas program as they try to reel in one of the biggest targets out there.

— We also expect Quinn Ewers to be in Austin today still. Mid-week I noted that I was pretty confident, and while that confidence remains, the noise from Lubbock hasn't gone away. There are some interesting dynamics behind the scene, but Texas Tech is still in this race and the Red Raiders are making a big push. I still feel Texas is the leader as of now and can obviously hammer things home with a good visit, but Texas is by no means in the clear at the moment.

— We've heard some whispers Denver Harris might be in this weekend. We are working to confirm that as well and will report something if we have it. Last week we heard that his recruitment might be down to Texas A&M and LSU, but both of those coaching staffs have had turnover since then with Corey Raymond going to Florida and Mike Elko leaving College Station. The Texas staff went in strong last night and are trying to make a big push down the stretch. While it seemed like hope was fading for the Longhorns, the door is open for them to get back in.

• Hook 'Em 3

I get that Texags is essentially state run propaganda for their cult police state, but how the fuck do we all have way more info on their coaching changes and it’s impact on recruiting than the loyal cultist over there?

I get that Baghdad Peronni needs to control the message but won’t it be an even larger freak out when all of those idiots see us have a big recruiting weekend and all of a sudden their out of state recruits all want to best case now sign at the late deadline?

30 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know shit about him but those measurables are better than RoJo's. The same guy simultaneously whining about top prospects being unproductive but also about recruiting straight up football players simply shows he wants to whine like a little bitch and nothing is going to stop him. 

I'm not saying Red is going to be awesome, but I am saying that the Texas football team could use some more football players versus showcase testing stars. Hopefully he's one of them if he signs here. 

Red feels like a guy GP signs and makes us miserable with for four years as a LB.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

So today Texas is about to add Banks a few days after the new NIL deal. Then a good chance Ewers also commits in part because of a huge NIL deal.

Isn't it blatantly obvious  that our previous recruiting struggles had nothing to do with the staff? The moment Texas started throwing money around is the moment Texas started getting momentum. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I get that Texags is essentially state run propaganda for their cult police state, but how the fuck do we all have way more info on their coaching changes and it’s impact on recruiting than the loyal cultist over there?

I get that Baghdad Peronni needs to control the message but won’t it be an even larger freak out when all of those idiots see us have a big recruiting weekend and all of a sudden their out of state recruits all want to best case now sign at the late deadline?

It's OK. I read on texags that Saban loses his assistants every year and replaces them without a bump in the road and Jimbo will too. Because ya know, aggy is exactly like Bama. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

So today Texas is about to add Banks a few days after the new NIL deal. Then a good chance Ewers also commits in part because of a huge NIL deal.

Isn't it blatantly obvious  that our previous recruiting struggles had nothing to do with the staff? The moment Texas started throwing money around is the moment Texas started getting momentum. 

Not to me, and I feel like I’d know. 

Ewers had giant bags thrown at him at Ohio state. And offered by tech. It helps but absolving the last staff for failures is absurdity.. 

2 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Why is Roach saying Tech is still in it for Mullet man?  I can’t believe he was ever really considering that damn school 

Because it’s Roach. He won’t even be declarative that he has to take a shit until he’s already soiled his yellow and brown stained tighty-whities. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Why is Roach saying Tech is still in it for Mullet man?  I can’t believe he was ever really considering that damn school 

Didn't have cfs for breakfast (got banned from grandys after clogging the toilet).  

I mean, Roach won't put his pick in until Ewers takes his first class at Texas

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Roach has been played like a fiddle this recruitment on Ewers. Last weekend he was basically telling everyone he was going to Tech. This weekend he is saying "They're still in it!" He is ours.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

I imagine you can find Milanesa at Nola or Calden de Soho Grill.

I actually ate at Calden Del Soho last night. I sat right on the street with a friend who has been here two days.  About 4 minutes after, dude on a moto ripped his phone right out of his hands. I bought him a beer and said welcome to sudamerica bro. 

Edited by ATexanAbroad
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

I actually ate at Calden Del Soho last night. I sat right on the street with a friend who has been here two days.  About 4 minutes after, dude on a moto ripped his phone right out of his hands. I bought him a beer and said welcome to sudamerica bro. 

Indeed.  Buenos Aires is a cool city but laid out kind of weird.  It's best to know your way around there.

This could be our biggest recruiting day in years. Elite QB. Elite OT. Elite DB. This thread has seen 100s of pages of bad news. So it could be a nice day to finally turn that around. 

Is it too much to ask, therefore, to keep the food bullshit to the 11 other threads already covered in culinary vomit?

• Hook 'Em 7

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting