Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

IT mentioned his tweet came directly after the in home with Texas this evening. That would be a crazy coincidence. If he's on campus I'd be hard pressed to believe he'd drop a top school's list on a huge visit like that 

Shit but a lot of things can happen between now and 1 pm tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think this is Nahlin's source on Banks. Also, fairly certain this guy is a Longhorn and in our corner just scrolling his twitter account. 

I don't remember if there was ever a name mentioned, but I do remember the IT source over the summer being a Longhorn alum (or maybe just fan) coach

2 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

In the State of Recruiting podcast Roach and Harris talked like it was something of an open question of whether Banks really would push his decision to February despite what he said. Now Harris is saying it’s going to happen like it’s a Federal Holiday. 

FWIW, on Wednesday Suchomel was saying he expected Banks to wait till February (still predicted him to Texas), as of 6:30 tonight he was leaning towards Banks signing early. The newest prediction was not based on the result of the in-home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

image.png

unless Nahlin is so confident he'll publicly risk fisting his own ass hole, I see no reason to get excited

46 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

????

36 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i can only assume since i'm a human adult who speaks english that he was trying to say, "and it is not who you think"

it's amazing to me that people trying to deliver actual information are this shitty about typos.

Not to mention trying to be coy on who the update is about when "denver-harris" is in the URL.

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

IT mentioned his tweet came directly after the in home with Texas this evening. That would be a crazy coincidence. If he's on campus I'd be hard pressed to believe he'd drop a top school's list on a huge visit like that 

all day we heard from various sources he was pushing back, then all of a sudden after the in home he tweets that....to coincidental.

The best would be if we managed to land the top 5 players in the state and a handful of others while aggy picks off 1 or 2 of bama/georgia top targets to lock up the number 1 class for us. That's what a signing day fappening would look like. aggy would be so pissed despite still landing a top 5 class.

3 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

The best would be if we managed to land the top 5 players in the state and a handful of others while aggy picks off 1 or 2 of bama/georgia top targets to lock up the number 1 class for us. That's what a signing day fappening would look like. aggy would be so pissed despite still landing a top 5 class.

If we land the number 1 class after going 5-7 and announcing two landmark NIL programs, I assure you there will be programs besides Aggy that are pissed. But , you know what? Fuck ‘em.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I just can't believe how all this is breaking for Texas. If we had just hung onto that lead against ou and beat fucking Kansas, Sark would be cleaning up. Hell, he might anyway. 

Think about this:

1. LSU hires just about the most unlikable dude ever who runs off the their rainmaker db coach and revered s&c coach, and has an exodus to the portal. 

2. Riley blows up ou, guts the staff, destroys the programs identity and then they have massive decommitments and portals. They end up with arm band boy, a Briles rape apologist for OC and about the biggest retread loser DC you could possibly find. But at least they stole atm's strength guy back so the dudes who didn't portal out can relearn the tried and true okie tradition of eating their own vomit. 

3. Oregon isn't usually even on the radar but my lord did Cristobal lift his leg on that program. Just in the nick of time so we can get back in on those ol targets. 

4. And aggy... Well, they haven't gone through anything like the other ones but losing their strength guy and DC a few days before signing day ain't good. I think Fisher will be hard pressed to replace them with the same quality guys but you never know. At least it throws some uncertainty into the mix at a critical time. 

5. The highest rated qb recruit in Texas since vy portals from Ohio State and isn't looking out of Texas. Then tech, our only competition for him, goes and hires a ton of no names to run their offense. 

Who could have imagined all this shit two weeks ago? If Sark can't flex right now, it ain't ever happening. 

You left out Jim Knowles being hired away from the Pokes (thorn in our side removed) & bonus being he likely displaces Kerry Coombs from Ohio St which removes a noted poacher of DB talent from the Lone Star state and gives us a shot at flipping Terrance Brooks and securing Ryan Watts from the portal.

• Hook 'Em 5

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting