Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

You think so?  I thought it was pretty soft. And I'd rather see England win.

It's a little soft, but I've seen way worse given.

And it can be avoided by not making contact with the dribbler anywhere below the waist.  You really can't blame it on the ref.  Don't touch him.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, alincoln said:

Fucking nails is hitting a shit pen and getting lucky with the rebound?  It was a dive.  

Lol I don't get the England hate but whatever. He had his progress to the ball impeded by two defenders inside the box. 

Just now, TexArcher said:

And it can be avoided by not making contact with the dribbler anywhere below the waist.  You really can't blame it on the ref.  Don't touch him.

This. 24 with a hockey style hip check. It was a touch soft,  but called. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Sure.  I was just kind of taken aback by the "Clear as day" comment. I thought that was a 30/70 or 50/50 decision.  

Guest Lobo

In a year of athletics asterisks, England should get a big one.  But they won't...because England.  We have to make sure the most composed people get some breaks to keep them from whining.  

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure.  I was just kind of taken aback by the "Clear as day" comment. I thought that was a 30/70 or 50/50 decision.  

Yeah, I was just thinking that with 100 different refs, that's probably a pen 30 or 40 times.  It's not exactly egregious.

• Hook 'Em 2

sterling took a dive, and anyone who says otherwise is full of shit. he fell down screaming like Terry Tate had just run through him, when in reality what little contact there was wouldn't have knocked over a piece of paper machet. total horse shit. i hope denmark scores and then we get a 120' OG by Sterling.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Is it a foul if it's outside of the box? Yes or no? 

It's really that simple. It doesn't have to be a cardable offense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

It just makes no sense. One of the top 3 players on his squad, with fresh legs, and the best player in the country at keeping possession...

...sub him off

But how is he at parking the bus?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Probably?  But I don't know that this is the actually way these things play out in real life.  

It's the way I see it. And looking at the replay, it was totally a dive. If that's enough to call off the penalty then so be it. But the way I look at these things is is what the defender does a foul and that hip check fits the bill. i.e. if Sterling doesn't dive he gets fouled and it's probably a pen. 

Idk. Denmark's bus parking was also getting annoying like Buzzrock said. The better team is up.

Just now, HenryJames said:

People mock Southgate, but a World Cup semi and a Euro final is good.

It is. And it's not like England has a bunch of newfound talent. Well, maybe they do, but they've always been an extremely talented side. 

I don't think Southgate is great or anything but it's hard to argue with results and England NT manager has to be one of the most criticized jobs in sports.