2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

4 hours ago, TexasFan21 said:

3 hours ago, Thiefery said:

this was the kid who had all the flags.. Miami, FSU, FL stopped pursuing him despite his ranking.  He was also committed to TN for a bit too IIRC

The defensive version of Zach Evans except with some apparently nasty behavior underlying it rather than just selfish immaturity. Was committed to Tennessee under Pruitt, then bailed when he got fired. When flailing programs in UF and FSU pass on him, you know he’s trouble. 

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Do we really have hopes of kids who have been on the other side of our rivalry, passionately doing the horns down, to suddenly want to run down to Austin? I’d think there would be a mountain of other schools they’d consider, and be accepted in the locker room, before coming here.

Davion Curtis had no issue going to OU as a walk-on. 

19 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Started at LT for FUI as a redshirt freshman. Entered the portal today and already has offers from Virginia, Arizona State, Iowa State, and Syracuse.

https://247sports.com/Player/Miles-Frazier-46093882/

Picked up Miami and Ole Miss as well.

A familiar face also hit the portal:

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah we'll easily get to 33. Numbers are gonna be tight. We already have 20 HS commits (assuming the LS and K count as schollys) and are still looking for WRs, 2-3 more OLs, a QB, DBs and LBs. 25 spots could get tight.

We could easily use 15 transfers so 8 is going to be nothing. The only question is how you allocate. I would say 1 QB, 1 WR, 2 OL, 2 EDGE, 1 LB, 1 S.

Obviously that's subject to other variables like who we end up with in the HS class, the quality of who we can actually get at each position, and who we lose to the portal/draft.

16 hours ago, crash_davis said:

out of the 100, surely we can find 10-15 motherfuckers who are better than the dog shit that we have. 

Don't forget it is mostly dog shit that is leaving. Very few would come here or other blue bloods and not be dog shit or meh at best. Now teams like SMU and Texas State can find tons of gems in the portal compared to what they can get out of High School.

For instance Spenser Rattler good QB till he is under pressure. Was it the OU line or him or did him and Lincoln just clash and Lincoln did not work his magic? Some people would hate him transferring here but he could say "They hated me at OU and loved me at Texas maybe we can keep that going."

Edited by DanTheHorn

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The worst team in CFB and now losing pretty much every offensive player with even a tiny slice of talent. Probably time for ole' Butch to hang 'em up.

Um, you've been gone for a while. https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/15/butch-davis-wont-return-fiu-2022-administration-sabotaging-program

• Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)