2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

5 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Poor kid had to deal with that psycho fan base and their insane expectations. And now they are left with an injured FR INT machine and then an incoming true FR next year.

They got to go after a QB in the portal right?

If Calzada being there gave them enough confidence not to go after Ewers, then LOL.

5 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Damn.  Wasn't going to wait around for the Spring game.  But I guess if I had the Oompa-Loompa screaming at me for not running his dinosaur offense the right way every time I jogged off the field I'd bolt too. 

Never realized how similar the Oompa-Loompas crew resembles the aggy yell leaders...

giphy.gif 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Bevo said:

I'm thinking 2OL, 1WR or 2WR if we miss on other targets, possibly 1TE. On defense, 1DE (or pray like hell 1 of the freshmen is ready to play), 2LB, 1CB, 1-2S (probably 2 with one being big enough to spin down). That's 12 total with it split evenly between O and D.

I'm excited to be proven wrong on this ongoing debate of whether "numbers matter," but we don't have the numbers for this. Based on 33 counters. 

We sit at 22 HS recruits. We take:

1. Agbo
  2. Campbell
  3. Red
  4. S (Mathews/LTG)
  5. CB (Harris/Brice)
  6. WR (Winfield)

That's 28 HS recruits. We would take Brooks. We would take Stewart. We would take Perkins. But call it 28. 

That leaves 5 spots for transfers. 4 after Ewers.  I want WR, OL, LB, DB. Sounds like DB (Watts) and OL (Dunlap) are in the bag. So 2 open spots. 

However you slice it, it looks like were taking 2-5 transfers. We also need to process out 8 more current schollies to open those spots, but thats a separate debate. 

9 minutes ago, Askew said:

I'm excited to be proven wrong on this ongoing debate of whether "numbers matter," but we don't have the numbers for this. Based on 33 counters. 

We sit at 22 HS recruits. We take:

1. Agbo
  2. Campbell
  3. Red
  4. S (Mathews/LTG)
  5. CB (Harris/Brice)
  6. WR (Winfield)

That's 28 HS recruits. We would take Brooks. We would take Stewart. We would take Perkins. But call it 28. 

That leaves 5 spots for transfers. 4 after Ewers.  I want WR, OL, LB, DB. Sounds like DB (Watts) and OL (Dunlap) are in the bag. So 2 open spots. 

However you slice it, it looks like were taking 2-5 transfers. We also need to process out 8 more current schollies to open those spots, but thats a separate debate. 

Red may not be a take if others jump on

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Red may not be a take if others jump on

I agree.

Although it's gonna be such a crazy close to this thing that he might commit and sign on Wednesday before the class is fully decided. Sark clearly wants that RB2 , so Red is benefitting from demand.

32 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

22136j.gif

Maurice Chevalier singing "Thank Heaven for Little Girls," to Hermione Gingold from the 1958 musical Gigi!   Directed by Vincente Minnelli (Judy Garland's husband and Liza Minnelli's father).  Also starring Louis Jourdan and Leslie Caron.  Gigi!  won nine Oscars at the 1958 Academy Awards (Best Picture, Best Director, Best Writing, Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction, Best Costumes, Best Film Editing, Best Song, & Best Musical Score).   At the time, only Gone with the Wind (10 Oscars in 1939) had won more.  Ben Hur (11 Oscars) would eclipse that in 1959, but Gigi! is still one of the best movies of all time.  If you want to score major points with your "significant other," watch this movie on a date night.  It is Rated G.

To take more than 7 total OL between recruits and portal they’d almost certainly have to cut one of the existing fringe OL (Parr, Merril, Hookfin, Garth).  So I agree if they do add Agbo and Campbell then they might get any OL out of the portal.

LT Banks/Jones

LG Angilau/Neto/Agbo

C Majors/Parr/Garth

RG Connor/Campbell/Merril

RT Karic/Williams/Hookfin

RS Hutson, Robertson

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)